• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T APR308S, now with YouTube review!

USMCSGT0331

🔫
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2013
    Minnesota
    www.snipershide.com
    Here's the YouTube review:

I recently purchased a very rare (supposedly 8 of them are in the country) B&T APR308S that has a 16 barrel and very long silencer. I mainly collect US military sniper rifles, but I sometimes buy oddball stuff and anything that I think is interesting. I have some B&T PCC's and a B&T SPR300 waiting for a few tax stamps, so I guess I'm now collecting B&T stuff. I usually look at reviews online before I buy a modern, current production firearm, but unfortunately there's next to no information online about the APR308S, which gave me an idea.

Right now a friend of mine is doing a review on my USMC M14 DMR and he's going to make a video showing it being shot at various distances. He normally reviews and makes videos about military rifle, buf I asked him if he wanted to do a review of a new civilian rifle that no one has heard about. He agreed to do a video review of the B&T APR308S and I made arrangements for my local FFL to send the rifle and silencer to him (he has an FFL/SOT).

When my rifle/silencer arrived at my FFL, they got an approved Form 3 and immediately mailed everything to my friend. I spent a lot of money on this rifle and silencer, but I haven't even seen it in person! I sent my friend a brand new and very rare rifle/silencer, and I'm going to get back a used rifle/silencer. I think it's worth it though, I was planning on shooting it, so I don't care if it's used. As a side note, we're going to be working together over the next few years, I'm going to send him rifles out of my collection and he's going to do cool videos about them. I'm trying to work up the courage to mail him and original USMC M40 sniper rifle from 1966! I might do so if people like the videos he's doing on the other rifles.

This is my B&T APR308S:

signal-2023-02-12-07-28-08-535.jpg

signal-2023-02-12-07-27-47-314.jpg

signal-2023-02-12-07-28-12-586.jpg

signal-2023-02-12-07-27-55-207.jpg

signal-2023-02-12-07-27-59-533.jpg

There really aren't even photos of this "S" version of the APR308 online. Besides the photos I just posted above, this is the only photo I could find of an APR308S online:

bt_apr308-3.jpg

This video isn't a full review of the B&T APR308S, this is just a taste of things to come. A few things to note, this video shows the rifle shooting regular super sonic ammunition, not subs. He said that the rifle is amazingly quiet, even more so than his AI Covert, and he never had to wear hearing protection when shooting the rifle. He also said that the rifle is even quieter when he shoots it in an open area, he says that the sound reflecting off the wall next to him makes the rifle seem louder. His testing of the APR308S has just begun, so this is the only video we have of this rifle. It's also the only video on YouTube that shows this rifle being fired. After seeing this, I'm even more excited to see his video review on this rifle, it's going to be awesome!

I hope you guys think this is an interesting rifle and I'll post his video review in this thread when he finishes it. Here's my B&T SPR300, I'll get some photos of them side by side when I get my APR308S back:

20221115_134754.jpg

20221115_134818.jpg

Last edited:
    B&T was the first manufacturer that really opened my eyes to how good guns can be. That is a stunning rifle. I didn't even know that existed and I'm constantly researching their products.

This rifle looks incredibly close to the French made PGM Precision rifles such as the Ultima Ratio and PGM338, particularly your APR308S. I wonder if the two companies are linked in some way.

Regardless, great looking rifle and addition to the collection.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
    This rifle looks incredibly close to the French made PGM Precision rifles such as the Ultima Ratio and PGM338, particularly your APR308S. I wonder if the two companies are linked in some way.

Regardless, great looking rifle and addition to the collection.

Apparently B&T created the Ultima Ratio series of rifles and made them exclusively for PGM! The APR series of B&T rifles is supported to be a continuation and upgrade of the Ultima Ratio rifles. So, I assume these are better than what PGM are putting out right now, since B&T is the original manufacturer for both rifles. B&T even won a military contract back in the early 2000's and that's what led to the split between the companies. I have no idea if B&T is still making the PGM rifles or if they have truly gone their separate ways.

Right now PGM makes a rifle that's similar to the B&T APR308S and has a long reflex silencer. Looking it up online, the PGM silencer appears to release gas down the length of the silencer, whereas the B&T only releases gas at the front of the silencer. B&T has been making and pioneering silencer designs for a long time, so I trust their decades worth of experience. I haven't shot this rifle/silencer yet and I'm really looking forward to doing so! I'd like to find someone with some good equipment and get some accurate decibel readings on this rifle/silencer setup. If anyone can help with that, please let me know!

Thanks for the background between B&T and PGM. I did not know they had a relationship. I always thought the Ultima Ratio was a good looking rifle and their oil cooled barrel tech seeming interesting. Their Hecate 2 always appealed to me as well.

Anyway, enjoy the rifle!

Rob just put up the APR308S video! The sound suppression on this rifle is amazing and it's even more quiet than the iconic Accuracy International Covert! There's only about 8 of these rifles in the country and I think 2 of them are being held at B&T for demonstration purposes, so there's almost no information about these rifles anywhere. This is the only video on YouTube of an APR308S being reviewed and shot, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited:
    Here's the YouTube review:

I recently purchased a very rare (supposedly 8 of them are in the country) B&T APR308S that has a 16 barrel and very long silencer. I mainly collect US military sniper rifles, but I sometimes buy oddball stuff and anything that I think is interesting. I have some B&T PCC's and a B&T SPR300 waiting for a few tax stamps, so I guess I'm now collecting B&T stuff. I usually look at reviews online before I buy a modern, current production firearm, but unfortunately there's next to no information online about the APR308S, which gave me an idea.

Right now a friend of mine is doing a review on my USMC M14 DMR and he's going to make a video showing it being shot at various distances. He normally reviews and makes videos about military rifle, buf I asked him if he wanted to do a review of a new civilian rifle that no one has heard about. He agreed to do a video review of the B&T APR308S and I made arrangements for my local FFL to send the rifle and silencer to him (he has an FFL/SOT).

When my rifle/silencer arrived at my FFL, they got an approved Form 3 and immediately mailed everything to my friend. I spent a lot of money on this rifle and silencer, but I haven't even seen it in person! I sent my friend a brand new and very rare rifle/silencer, and I'm going to get back a used rifle/silencer. I think it's worth it though, I was planning on shooting it, so I don't care if it's used. As a side note, we're going to be working together over the next few years, I'm going to send him rifles out of my collection and he's going to do cool videos about them. I'm trying to work up the courage to mail him and original USMC M40 sniper rifle from 1966! I might do so if people like the videos he's doing on the other rifles.

This is my B&T APR308S:

View attachment 8075880
    View attachment 8075882
    View attachment 8075884
    View attachment 8075885
    View attachment 8075886

There really aren't even photos of this "S" version of the APR308 online. Besides the photos I just posted above, this is the only photo I could find of an APR308S online:

bt_apr308-3.jpg

This video isn't a full review of the B&T APR308S, this is just a taste of things to come. A few things to note, this video shows the rifle shooting regular super sonic ammunition, not subs. He said that the rifle is amazingly quiet, even more so than his AI Covert, and he never had to wear hearing protection when shooting the rifle. He also said that the rifle is even quieter when he shoots it in an open area, he says that the sound reflecting off the wall next to him makes the rifle seem louder. His testing of the APR308S has just begun, so this is the only video we have of this rifle. It's also the only video on YouTube that shows this rifle being fired. After seeing this, I'm even more excited to see his video review on this rifle, it's going to be awesome!

I hope you guys think this is an interesting rifle and I'll post his video review in this thread when he finishes it. Here's my B&T SPR300, I'll get some photos of them side by side when I get my APR308S back:

View attachment 8075887
    View attachment 8075888

Hey! I have a question about your SPR 300. I'm considering getting one myself but don't like the idea of it being an SBR because I travel a lot over state lines. Is the suppressor long enough on the SPR 300 to pin and weld it to be 16 total inches?

Hey! I have a question about your SPR 300. I'm considering getting one myself but don't like the idea of it being an SBR because I travel a lot over state lines. Is the suppressor long enough on the SPR 300 to pin and weld it to be 16 total inches?

I think the SPR300 silencer is about 19" long and the APR308S silencer is about 25" long. So, yes, you would be able to P/W the ~19" SPR300 silencer to the barrel to get a new barrel length over 16". I need to pick up 3 or 4 new guns at my FFL this week, when I go down there I'll bring a tape measure and verify this information for you.

Here's some photos of a recent visit to my FFL, all 3 of these rifles are mine.

20230316_164853.jpg

20230316_164928.jpg

20230316_165146.jpg

Take a look at Suppressed Weapons Systems. They make integrally suppressed barrels that constitute the entire barrel length. But as far as crossing state lines with an NFA item, I don't think you're going to get over since it is still a suppressor.
    Didn't think you had to notify for a suppressor. It's for everything else.

From what I understand, you do

SmartSelect_20230413_114801_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20230413_114939_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: reubenski
    SBR’s and SBS’s are for sure supposed to be. But again. That’s your discretion if you want to or not. Suppressors, not so much. Doesn’t appear to be much you have to do for those.