• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T Industries LLC releases first Atlas Bipod tutorial video!

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
It's interesting that 8 years ago I shot a video of a prototype Atlas being shot off of in the back of a truck, funny stuff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQL6_04YR1A

Since then we've introduced several Atlas bipod models and versions and have not done ANY videos of the features or application of same. Well a couple of people I work with offered to take this task on and here is their first effort of what we plan to be a series of tutorials on and about our products- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIhQ-_JEhs&t=27s

As always, any thoughts, concerns or feedback is welcome.

(forgive me, for I don't know how to make the links work so you'll need to cut and paste them... i see the links are working!)

Looks nice Kasey. Perhaps as a follow up y'all could demonstrate some of the shooting applications where the leg positions are beneficial since that's one of the key features that your bipods have over the Harris.

Also, a dumb question if you don't mind: I bought a PSR on that super generous group buy you ran several years ago, but I'm embarrassed that I don't remember what all features it has that the BT10 doesn't. Non-rotating legs?

Thanks for for the great products and support of the community here.

bogeybrown - Thank you! Yes we are going to do all tutorials ASAP then start demonstrating application. On the PSR, (which stands for "Precision Sniper Rifle", which it was selected for the now dead USSOCOM Precision Sniper Rifle system) the standard BT10-LW17 went through months of testing and in the final stages we received constructive feedback from the Military and given 7 weeks to adapt these changes into what became the Atlas PSR model. These changes include a non-rotational legs, fore and aft pivot limiting bosses and a 40% stronger Inner leg. The fact we got it done and delivered on time inspired the man that was the final signer on that project to stop by at SHOT and congratulate us. It was a surreal moment for sure.
It is an honor to be part of this community.

Kasey, I think it would be awesome if you could get some of the guys shooting PRS to make a series of videos displaying the different ways they use them in different situations. I think that might fast track the learning curve with the Atlas for positional shooting.

bogeybrown - Thank you! Yes we are going to do all tutorials ASAP then start demonstrating application. On the PSR, (which stands for "Precision Sniper Rifle", which it was selected for the now dead USSOCOM Precision Sniper Rifle system) the standard BT10-LW17 went through months of testing and in the final stages we received constructive feedback from the Military and given 7 weeks to adapt these changes into what became the Atlas PSR model. These changes include a non-rotational legs, fore and aft pivot limiting bosses and a 40% stronger Inner leg. The fact we got it done and delivered on time inspired the man that was the final signer on that project to stop by at SHOT and congratulate us. It was a surreal moment for sure.
It is an honor to be part of this community.

Thanks Kasey. I remembered that it was for the mil PSR project, and that you'd committed to filling our preorder before the mil contract (I still brag about your company over that). Other than the non-rotating legs I just couldn't for the life of me remember how else it differed from the BT10. It's really only been relevant to me recently when some friends who'd never seen an Atlas were asking me about mine. I explained that it was a special model that I wasn't even sure was available anymore, but couldn't intelligently tell them what would be different if they bought a BT10.

You're one of the Industry studs I was hoping would make the move back to the real Hide, and it's always fun when you roll out a new toy for us.

Shanerbanner10, I've got just the right guy in mind, but it would probably be still photos that demonstrate application. Not that you asked but here is my logic, use what you need to obtain a solid shooting position, not how can I use my bipod to shoot from here. Having said that, I've seen the Atlas used in some crazy ways!

bogeybrown, thanks, yes that happened as described. We did not base our business model on any government contracts, so while we designed the Atlas PSR for the PSR rifle, it was first come first served!

I'm glad SH is back being independent, I don't fault the logic in the move but unfortunately big corporate America has a tough time keeping it's word. In the end, Scout painted SH a very attractive picture but delivered outhouse art. SH is really the only site I participate in, sure I'll go where needed to address counterfeit Atlas bipods and such, but my loyalty is here.

Awesome to see industry leaders supporting the new and old blood that makes this sport, hobby, lifestyle what it is. Hats off to Kasey B. For his hard work. Now what are the chances of another group buy to celebrate the new "old" hide return?

Mtndog05, its a honor to be part of this industry, precision rifle specifically, because you guys are the best kind of people there are. What are the chances of SH being the first to see/buy our new gear? Very high probability. We are getting our legs under us now so hoping to run soon!

If the next SH group buy is anything like the PSR then I'll be in again. Just need a little time to break open piggy banks and dig around in sofa cushions for the scratch.
I really wish I could remember exactly how great the price was on that one, but based on the last prices I saw on PSRs I'm positive we totally won on that deal.

Kasey, What the video is missing that could help me put it all together is how to decide where to set the adjustible tension on the pan and cant. For me sometimes it seems like by the time I got the "too floppy" out it is locked up. I don't know wtf Im doing wrong but till I figure it out I have gone back to the PSR.

diverdon, Thanks, we are getting a lot of requests for videos on both use and application so they will be coming. Which bipod are you talking about that is not working right? I know you stated you went back to the PSR, but not which one is causing you grief.

I'd love to see a practical usage video on the true red headed stepchild of the B&T products line....monopods. I love mine but according to the internet 99.98% of people hate them. :rolleyes:

Copy that! The product that started it all for B&T is so misunderstood.... it will be our first application and use video.
I was a guest at a SOF sniper school house last month and the students were issued rifles that came with our BT13! I was surprised to see them (We get contractual orders but rare do we KNOW where they are going). It was cool to be able to give them a demo on how to use them and as they were shooting movers that day so it was a great application.

diverdon, Thanks, we are getting a lot of requests for videos on both use and application so they will be coming. Which bipod are you talking about that is not working right? I know you stated you went back to the PSR, but not which one is causing you grief.

Kasey I'm sorry that I was not more clear. The Bipod giving me fits is the 5H. As a matter of fact I had it out today and it was still frustrating getting it to vertical. It sticks then slips and I have to twist the rifle back and forth several times. No problem when I went to the PSR.

Thanks

diverdon, Thanks, yes we have heard the same thing from a some other customers so there is something to it. Part of me believes it has to do with the tolerance and the "mating" of the two parts that contact one another in the canting motion. Our in house 5-H's were messed with a ton during T&E so maybe we smoothed these surfaces out...but found to be able to move into a good sight picture. Was it seamlessly? No, but nor was it that tough to obtain. On the PSR your rotating a ball, on the 5-H you sliding down a cradle into position, totally different functions and execution of addressing CANT. So while I'm glad you like the PSR, I don't like your or others negative experience with the 5-H and will address this matter. In fact there is a thread here asking about changes to the 5-H, have a look, I think this would resolve what you and others have expressed. We'll not forget our customers and how we got here, the best way to do so is to listen and act on what we learn. We practice this.

diverdon, Thanks, yes we have heard the same thing from a some other customers so there is something to it. Part of me believes it has to do with the tolerance and the "mating" of the two parts that contact one another in the canting motion. Our in house 5-H's were messed with a ton during T&E so maybe we smoothed these surfaces out...but found to be able to move into a good sight picture. Was it seamlessly? No, but nor was it that tough to obtain. On the PSR your rotating a ball, on the 5-H you sliding down a cradle into position, totally different functions and execution of addressing CANT. So while I'm glad you like the PSR, I don't like your or others negative experience with the 5-H and will address this matter. In fact there is a thread here asking about changes to the 5-H, have a look, I think this would resolve what you and others have expressed. We'll not forget our customers and how we got here, the best way to do so is to listen and act on what we learn. We practice this.

Kasey, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the bipod. I'm thinking that there might be a way to adjust it so that everything works really slick, it's just not obvious to me how to do it.

Diverdon, ah, got it, the idea is start with the lever in up in the "locked" position and the Tension Wheel rotated till snug to lever, then the lever is opened and 1-3 more clicks of tension are added to obtain the "locked" position. You can then either open the lever and adjust to target then throw the lever to hold that position OR run it with the lever up and the tension wheel set at a level YOU feel works for you.

WOW! Busted 1K views in about 3 weeks! I know that's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things WWW but we are jazzed. The PSR footage is done and in editing, next is to do the 5-H, then Monopods and then the how to use stuff! "Via" in house skills! :)