• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B West AKS47 Bakelite

Labanaktis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2013
Michigan, Lower West side
Just wondered the value of a true imported gun. Not a parts kit gun with receiver issues. This is a complete imported gun. China receiver. 5 digit serial number with NO prefix. Pre Band. Not built from a parts kit in the states.

Any help would be great

Thanks, Matt

The BWest rifles don't have the same value as other import guns. Some of the early BWest guns were Chinese but at some point they started assembling them on improperly heat treated receivers. Inspect the axis pins for any deformation. The quality control has left these guns undervalued compared to other import AKs.

It's an early one. Chinese. I am just looking for a ball park on resale value. It's a folder Bakelite. Very good condition.

I might take it as a partial trade and need to know where I'd be at money wise without sitting on it for a year.

Thanks, Matt

There is an early Chinese BWest at a local gun shop. They have it priced at $700 and it has been there for a while.

Thanks. They seem to be all over the place on price. From $600-$700 all the way up to $1500. That's what I've found anyways. I'm not an AK guy and there are tons of little things that effect the price.