• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bigpingel88

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2020
Tulsa oklahoma
So i had a krg bravo stock on my 700 and wanted a better 22lr bolt gun. Got a bergara b14r ordered in and went to order another bravo so i could have one for my 700 and one for the b14r and saw krg says the magazine fitment wont be right. Well, its true. When the bergara action is in the krg stock the bullets dont tend to be lined up perfect and you have to tap the front of the mag up into the gun each round. Works fine on the 700 with 308 but not the 22lr. Has anyone been able to make a b14r work in a bravo?

Thinking about looking for a bergara b14 hmr stock/mini chassis take off so that the action/mag/stock are all the same and play nice. Are people having any issues with all bergara guns?

I regret getting the barrelled action at this point and should have just got the complete gun but a copy/trainer of my bigger gun sounded fun.
20211223_183958.jpg

Attachments

• 20211223_183958.jpg
    20211223_183958.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 58
I am surprised you are having issues mate. I've got my B14R in a KRG Xray chassis and never had a problem. I don't think the front end of the bravo and the xray are any different.

Have you tried a different magazine?

Have the same issue on another stock. I ended up putting a small cut in the back lower of the magazine, and filling it up with JB-weld, making a small lump at the same time. Very slowly, one stroke at a time, lightly filed it away with needle files. It's very slightly proud.

Happens on one mag, but not another. But the nudge from lower rear part fixed it perfectly.

I'll try to get a pic of it in a few days.

Reactions: bigpingel88
I use a KRG with the B14R and had feeding issues at first. The trigger guard needs to be adjusted until you get it solved. In my case my mags are really tight in the magwell. I haven't had any feeding issues since I adjusted it. Ran it all year without issues.

One or 2 washers between the chassis main frame and the trigger guard ?

B14r magazine fitment is common with a lot of chassis/stocks out there. I had to mess around with my Grayboe Ridgeback for a while. Like others have suggested, the common solutions are:
-Loosen and torque adjustments to the trigger guard
-Tuning the magazines by adding material and/or careful filing of magazine catches
-Aftermarket magazines that have adjustable magazine catches

There are a lot of threads both here and RimfireCentral dedicated to fixing this issue and Bergara is not the only action susceptible. It is a matter of big AICS magazine pattern and trying to aim a rather blunt bullet tip/straight wall cartridge to go in a tiny chamber. Any cant, dip, yaw, dive, wiggle is going to result in 'missing the hole'. You do not see this as often with centerfire because pointy centerfire rounds and larger chambers are more forgiving.

Attachments

• 0122df2a35c8dd2840c62e245aa6f864e9561142ed.jpg
    0122df2a35c8dd2840c62e245aa6f864e9561142ed.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 79
I am surprised you are having issues mate. I've got my B14R in a KRG Xray chassis and never had a problem. I don't think the front end of the bravo and the xray are any different.

Have you tried a different magazine?
I just got the action and the ffl i used didnt have spare mags so for now i only have the one. Planning on picking up another. I dont like to have one mag for a gun.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
Thanks for letting me know there are options people have explored with this action/chassis combination in other forums. I will start trying to find the old threads. Fingers crossed i can make this thing happy. Thanks guys

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
Currently running the b14r barreled action on a pork sword chasis. I was having the same issues with the magazine. A small piece of stick down velcro to the back of the mag and problem solved. I still have some minor velcro adjustments to make to get them to work 100%, but sitting around 90%-95% accuracy right now. Found this valuable fix on the site.
20211225_141722.jpg
20211223_224707.jpg