• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14 or nucleus

danatkins

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
After my yearly 1 mile match shooting my savage action for 3 years it's ticking me off how clunky it is. Doesn't bother me when I'm just shooting not on the clock but when I'm trying to go fast it binds.

My idea is either get a hmr for 986 drop a triggertech in it and run it or for a few dollars more if I can use my barrel off my savage get an arc nucleus and drop it in a krg bravo (doing that either way) handled a guys rifle with one yesterday and that was nice.

Question is since my barrel on has a little over 500 rounds on it and nucleus uses small shank can I use it?

After my yearly 1 mile match shooting my savage action for 3 years it's ticking me off how clunky it is. Doesn't bother me when I'm just shooting not on the clock but when I'm trying to go fast it binds.

My idea is either get a hmr for 986 drop a triggertech in it and run it or for a few dollars more if I can use my barrel off my savage get an arc nucleus and drop it in a krg bravo (doing that either way) handled a guys rifle with one yesterday and that was nice.

Question is since my barrel on has a little over 500 rounds on it and nucleus uses small shank can I use it?
Yes, you can run the Savage barrel on the Nucleus.

I’m not sure but you may need to purchase the Nuke barrel nut.

I would get the nuke over the hmr anyday and you would have to know the shank size of your savage to see if you could use it or not

Doing that I'll be down a rifle til I get the extra money. Don't have much expendable money with 3 kids and wife. Family coming first and all that lol

Doing that I'll be down a rifle til I get the extra money. Don't have much expendable money with 3 kids and wife. Family coming first and all that lol
Yeah I know what you mean I only have 1 kid for now lol…. Well if you have the funds and okay I would get the nuke….. or another action in that price point and I just got it and love it is the bighorn origin still uses savage small shank as well

Yeah I looked at the origin but can't remember if it's a 60 degree throw