• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14R and 10/22 outing today

Big Bo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2005
Cal West
Took the Bergy 14R and 10/22 out and shot CCI SV, Fed Target, Eley Club, Aguila PM, and RWS Target Rifle. I was surprised Fed Target shot more consistently than CCI SV. The Bergy shot Eley, Aguila and RWS best. Took the 10/22 out for the wife to shoot, once we were there she did not want to shoot, just wanted to get out with me. With the 10/22 I shot Aguila and RWS. RWS shot best. This 10/22 I have had for about 25 years. Put a green Mtn Bentz chamber barrel on it and mostly shot WMT. It shot very good groups. I am glad the wife wanted to go along. Because of her, me thinking she would shoot I cleaned the 10/22 for her. I had forgotten how much fun a semi-auto could be.

I was there to test the Bergy against the KYL target at 50 yards. I have gotten 5-6 consecutive hits with CCI SV on many occasions. Today, using the RWS Target Rifle I ran the rack twice in a row. It was tiring trying the KYL with CCI SV. My wife must have thought I loosing it with my 'yes, yes, yes" celebration.

Thanks all, better ammo, better results. The Bergy surprises me every trip we make to the range. I love this gun. It is a shooter.

Reactions: Defender32
I have a KYL Set up at 50 yards at the house. That is my weekly practice. I run it with CCI SV all the time in my Bergara. I will shoot it 10 Strong then 10 Support. It has helped me tremendously on my Support side shooting.

Keep it up.

Thanks for the inspiration. I will practice more with the CCI SV.

Are you shooting prone or bench? I am benched.

I shoot Prone 90% time now when at the Gun Club. I typically only shoot from the bench if others are there bench shooting and I can't get the space I want or need for the rack I want to shoot. It don't happen too often at our Rimfire range.

At home I am 100% prone or from a support of some sort as in the NRL22 matches a bench is not an option. I also try to stand and shoot 10-20 rounds a week at a 3" plate at 50 yards to help with that part. I don't shoot more than 5 rounds at a time as a typical stage will only have 2 or 3 shots standing.

I shoot on a farm once or twice a week that is 20 plus miles away. There are a couple of benches there. With machinery, tractors and trucks in the area, the dust gets bad. I will have to work on the prone position.

Reactions: Defender32