• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14R in 17HMR - Anybody have one yet?

No but just fingered one at LGS and was impressed- smooth action, nice lines , 700 fp trigger , almost seamless between barrel and thread protector and price was well below what I’d seen online - been mauling it over for 3 days actually came here here to cruse for feedback on them.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
I have one with a Vortex Diamondback ffp 4-16 and TBAC 22L and absolutely love it. I’m thinking about upgrading to an Arken SH4 6-24. I have maybe 150rnds through it and I haven’t had the chance to shoot over 100yrds with it yet, but I’ll have a chance to try 200/300 soon. It’s an amazing fun little peashooter. I have a Savage 17hmr that I’ve always enjoyed, but I wanted to upgrade to a higher quality “trainer” in 17hmr and I’m very happy with my choice.

I picked up one and added a Arken SH4 gen2 6-24x50, Wheeler rings, EGW HD 20moa rail, Seekins SRS bipod rail, Hoptic cheek pad and added the sear and overtravel adjuster screws to trigger. Sighted it in on dirt and hunted last night. Took 20 Gophers ranging from 75 yards to 160 yards, about. Overall I like it and it'll get lots of use. It deserves a better trigger. It it proving to be very accurate with CCI 17gr VNT. Can't say group size as I don't do that much but the Gophers here in ND are about the size or smaller of one of those skinny beer can. It made consistent hits at 160 or so.

Reactions: long range dogr
I'll add I went out last night and most shots were at 200-250. Took 60 some. The misses were on me and the trigger. It has proven to be the accurate 17hmr I've shot. I've shot allot. Ounce it's fully broke it I dont think it can improve but will stay the same.

I'll add I went out last night and most shots were at 200-250. Took 60 some. The misses were on me and the trigger. It has proven to be the accurate 17hmr I've shot. I've shot allot. Ounce it's fully broke it I dont think it can improve but will stay the same.
TriggerTech Special's go down to 1 lbs. and are SUPER crisp. They're also on sale right now at Primary Arms for like $179. I have a couple of these with the Pro Curved trigger in them, and really like them. Honestly, I don't see the need to spend the extra $150 on a Diamond when these will still go down to 1 lbs. which is more than good enough for a hunting and target rifle.

I've got a Special 2-stage ordered from Locked&Loaded for $198. 2-stage for the win.

Last edited: