• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14R in an ACC?

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
Besides it looking silly….is this going to be a problem?
image.jpg

I had the same exact issue. Didn't measure, bought an ACC from a cat on the hide, dropped it in and bingo.
Solutions I found avail after some research, talking with others with the B14R, etc.:
a) Run it. Looks funky, shoots fine.
ii) Put a KAK Micro or Mini Flash Can on it https://ar15discounts.com/products/kak-industry-1-2-36-slimline-micro-flash-can/
3) Take the ACC to the band saw and take 2" off the forend, drill / re-install the front face piece.
IV) Rebarrel it with a longer stick.
e) Get a different chassis with a shorter forend.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21-47-28 Photo - Google Photos.png
'

With a KAK can. Shitty pic, but it stretches out *just* past the forend while I waited for my PDC.
Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21-45-32 Photo - Google Photos.png

And I ended up in a PDC Customs chassis, which gave me an excuse to build another centerfire for my son to shoot with the ACC.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 21-46-47 Photo - Google Photos.png

Hmm. I'd actually like this for a competition sort of environment. Bit of extra protection for the barrel/muzzle. In case you accidentally bump into something (which at least I am always nervous about, I don't like my barrels bumped).

Reactions: BoulderE89
Hmm. I'd actually like this for a competition sort of environment. Bit of extra protection for the barrel/muzzle. In case you accidentally bump into something (which at least I am always nervous about, I don't like my barrels bumped).
That’s a good point, didn’t even consider it!

1F08CEB4-EBF3-468A-97D9-5C6F052CFBEF.png

Mines the same. Until I throw a can or tuner on it. Looks a little odd but I wanted it the exact same as my comp rifles chassis!

It’s hard to tell, but is there enough room on this setup to allow for a silencer? It seems like it but I can’t be sure.
ACC fits up to 1.350 so it would fit any suppressor smaller than that in diameter.

To much, and I cringe everytime I say the number.
I will say this though it is by far my funnest gun to shoot. Even over my center fire comp rifle.
22s out to 350 yards , little bitty targets at 50 yards, they are just fun

Wowzers!!! Haha I wasn’t expecting that! Yeah I’ve been wanting to rig something up for just fun plinking that offers a challenge a closer distances.

Wowzers!!! Haha I wasn’t expecting that! Yeah I’ve been wanting to rig something up for just fun plinking that offers a challenge a closer distances.
That's including scope, just the rifle was $3200. Chassis and trigger I got off of here used.
Since scopes are subjective, you could disregard that price

Yeah I assumed you had the scope included in that number. 3k isn’t too bad for the rifle rig. I think those b14’s run for about 1k

Has anyone tried one of the threaded barrel extensions (example: barrel extension) with a tuner brake? I have been running a Harrell's tuner brake and about to move the barreled action from a Bravo to an ACC.

I like the idea of the barrel extension - I don't care if the barrel is a bit short of the chassis, but I was contemplating trying an el cheapo "shaft collar tuner" but it won't fit within the confines of the chassis. Putting it on the extension would also mean not marring the barrel with the set screw.

Key question though is what impact, if any, the extension will have on accuracy out to 200-300 yards? Anybody using such an extension that can comment??

I like the idea of the barrel extension - I don't care if the barrel is a bit short of the chassis, but I was contemplating trying an el cheapo "shaft collar tuner" but it won't fit within the confines of the chassis. Putting it on the extension would also mean not marring the barrel with the set screw.

Key question though is what impact, if any, the extension will have on accuracy out to 200-300 yards? Anybody using such an extension that can comment??
I didn't notice any change in accuracy for the short time I had one on mine.
Double stacking an extension and a tuner would be fairly janky IMO. YMMV.

Just make sure you clean it.

I can vouch for the Harrell's "Tactical Tunner Brake" (this one: Tactical Tunner Brake for AR-15) on a steel B14R without a barrel extension. It is an effective tuner, installs like a typical AR muzzle device (I used shims to time it). It is pretty cheap ($90) for a tuner brake and relatively compact. It may fit in the ACC without an extension, I can check tonight.

While not a tuner, I have mildly tested a Hera Arms linear compensator. It went from extreme vertical stringing to a fairly tight group above my zero, but I haven’t come up with a way to secure it at the best position (I was tightening it on a rubber o-ring). This has convinced me to try a tuner, just haven’t taken the leap yet.
The Hera is a 2.5-3” heavy steel tube with a coned interior and perforated end (think heavy bloop tube on a .22LR)

Last edited:
Harrells tuner brake barely clears the end, fits the barrel channel with plenty of room (internal weights are installed).

DACE9E17-D6B0-4749-ACB8-1A5F0B5DCD81.jpeg

Attachments

• 49DE700A-5D64-48DF-9603-F7294F4DFD15.jpeg
    49DE700A-5D64-48DF-9603-F7294F4DFD15.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 55