• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14r magazine mods?

AR15-SBR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2014
Has anybody modified the Begara magazine so you can see how many rounds are remaining in the magazine?

Last edited:
I have not but my local machinist could mill out a slot in the magazine with ease.

If you really want it, do it. You can get a visual idea from the Vudoo mags but their guts although similar wont be identical
for the slot position up/down.
Vudoo has load assist buttons and therefore slots on both sides. Figure out how high and low you want the slot to go and
how wide you want the slot to be. You will also need to decide which side or both do you want the slot to be on. It's likely
your machinist wont have a super long 1/4" end mill so he may need to flip the mag. No big deal, just a consideration.
You should bring the guts and bullets with you to bench check the position of your slot after he cuts it. I would go a quarter
inch or less
Take it to the local machine shop. He will put a cutter in his mill and have it done in less than ten minutes.
He will plunge cut and then traverse the bed and withdrawal.
He will have a hand de-burring tool like a SHAVIV to break the sharp edges of the new slot and off you can go.

He will likely have a minimum fee of 50.00 per hour though meaning ten minutes is still 50.00 Personally, I drop ten
cartridges into my hand and load the mag. But you should do what you want to do because you want to do it. Almost
everybody told me not to jump out of planes, scuba dive with sharks, rock climb or hang-glide. I think they are crazy
for watching other people play sports like football. Participate for gods sake!!
Worst case it costs you fifty bucks and a magazine. All of my shooting is bench type so I don't need to worry about
dirt entrapment but you may want to consider it.

Good luck

Attachments

• DSC00656.JPG
    DSC00656.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201008_072343.jpg
    20201008_072343.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: camocorvette
Eh, match ammo comes in boxes with convenient 5 or 10 round rows...

We need a sarcasm button
Agreed. I never trust that view window on my handgun magazines and unfortunately most of those mags don't load in nice 5 round increments.

Seems like an overly elaborate plan when most people can just count to 10.

I know to stop loading my B14R magazine when it won't let me put any more rounds in it....and every box of ammo I have comes in rows of 5. So, some simple math tells me that two rows of ammo makes my magazine full.

If you want me to show my work on that math; 5 x 2 = 10.