• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14R mags from the Mack Bros.

I have one coming in the mail. Really interesting idea so we'll see how it works.

"Fits the Bergara HMR stock, will fit other M5 guards that accept AICS & AW magazine profiles without barricade stops."
Well bummer, I guess that leaves Grayboe's bottom metal out of the cool magazine club.

Attachments

• 700X580_800x.jpg
    700X580_800x.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Rokfor2K
"Fits the Bergara HMR stock, will fit other M5 guards that accept AICS & AW magazine profiles without barricade stops."
Well bummer, I guess that leaves Grayboe's bottom metal out of the cool magazine club.

I guess it makes sense since it needs to have a mag latch on both sides of the mag.

Interesting. Wonder if this is considered a 20rnd magazine or a 10rnd magazine since all 20rnds cannot be fired without a reload.
If I was a match director, i'd consider it a 10. Still requires a mag change to access the next 10

Didn't catch the part about it not fitting anything without a barricade stop. No go on my B14 in a chassis. One could probably mill a slot into the front of the bottom metal and make clearance for the mag catch. Really cool magazine still but I think I'll just rehome it instead of modifying my chassis.

I use a b14r in rimfire competition. I can’t really say that this interests me. It it really that much faster than having a second mag loaded? It’s an interesting concept, but it seems like it would be really easy to bugger up that first round since it’s hanging exposed under the rifle while you are running it.

Don't really see the advantage...other than you having the most expensive B14R mag on the firing line. Still have to remove it from the gun, still have to re-insert it...if anything, it adds the high probability of a fumble, dropping the whole mag.

If they want to make a true 20 round mag, great. I can take two of my 10 rounders and tape them together...same thing, didn't cost me $90.

bpxtsYcm.jpg

b2PR1Bbm.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNSleeper99
For one, it does save space. The solid machined magazine is heavy and will help drop free from the rifle when you need it to. In comps you'd probably have a magazine in a pouch on your belt. Popping out the mag and twisting it and popping it back in will be faster than reaching back to your belt. Plus, its innovative and I wanted to support that. Factory Mags are like what $35? This mag is only a bit more expensive than 2 factory mags (when you can find factory mags in stock). Plus, the metal feeds lips will be less prone to cracking or breaking.

Reactions: Steelcityprecision
For one, it does save space. The solid machined magazine is heavy and will help drop free from the rifle when you need it to. In comps you'd probably have a magazine in a pouch on your belt. Popping out the mag and twisting it and popping it back in will be faster than reaching back to your belt. Plus, its innovative and I wanted to support that. Factory Mags are like what $35? This mag is only a bit more expensive than 2 factory mags (when you can find factory mags in stock). Plus, the metal feeds lips will be less prone to cracking or breaking.

1. Idea #1. Want your mags to drop free? There is a massive void inside the Bergara mags...add some weight to it. I added some lead fishing weights and my mags drop free with no issues.
2. Idea #2. Need your mags more readily accessible? Use that same void to epoxy a neodymium magnet to the inside, attach matching magnet to the side of your stock. Now you have a mag ready on the gun. Change mags in seconds. (I just came up with this idea while typing, and am so impressed with myself, I'm going to have do it myself).

When someone makes a true 20 or 25 round magazine, I'll be the first in line to try it out. Or maybe someone will make an extension for the factory mags.

1. Idea #1. Want your mags to drop free? There is a massive void inside the Bergara mags...add some weight to it. I added some lead fishing weights and my mags drop free with no issues.
2. Idea #2. Need your mags more readily accessible? Use that same void to epoxy a neodymium magnet to the inside, attach matching magnet to the side of your stock. Now you have a mag ready on the gun.
I added weight to a couple of my magazines just to see if it felt more natural and I like. I like the magnet idea, I will probably be trying that out too.