• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B14R setup

SpeedyR

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
ATL
picking up a B14r for myself and my daughter. Wanted to go with an R700 profile action so that I can set it up with a good trigger, stock/chassis, optics, etc and then as she moves up I can just replace the action and she will be used to the system. Or keep it as a 22lr and build her something new. :) Of course I will probably end up shooting it as well, so there is that. :)

I've been reading about the action and rifles for a while (getting the full rifle, right hand, steel barrel) and wondering what's the go to bits to complete the build. I don't want to go crazy (otherwise I would have saved up for a RimX or Voodoo) so trying to use some of the stuff I have a similar to my precision rifle build but a bit more budget minded. But I had a few questions:

1) scope base- I assume anything R700 SA pattern will work. Burris, EGW, L3i, MDT seem to have fans, and it seems most are going 20-30MOA. I would mostly be shooting it 100 and 200 yards, but could stretch things further as the range I just joined goes out to 600 for centerfire and would be fun to shoot some NRL/PRS22 stuff with it. I will eventually get a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 FFP for the rifle to approximate the Razor I have on my other rifle and seems to be a good optic for a 22lr trainer. I did like that the L3i base is 10MRAD in keeping with MRAD vs MOA, or Burris at 25 MOA for meeting in the middle and a set of the XTR rings that have adjustable inserts. :)

2) bipod- I have regular Harris bipods but it would be nice to have an ARCA rail and use my MDT bipod. Seems like the 14" Area 419 ARCA rail might be the best bet and not too difficult to attach to the HMR stock?

I have a spare Timney 2 stage trigger I'll probably put on it after I try out the stock trigger, and eventually it seems like many like the EC V2 tuner. I've got a few different brands of match ammo to try out, hopefully I'll find some SK Long Range in the near future to try.

Anything I'm missing out on or forgetting as I get this thing set up?

Anyone know why there isn't a B14R sticky?

1. Yes

2. People have put ARCA rails on factory stocks. Not sure on length. All the ones I saw were made by local machinists. Can't remember if bedding was needed due to the forend being round plus having some pitch to it.

3. Put the Timney in now. If you have stock off now...do it. Factory trigger at its lowest setting is fine for kids starting out. But it still sucks.

4. It's not a sticky because new members never read them and ask the same questions over and over and over anyway.

Reactions: SpeedyR
3 b14r's and 2 cz 457's here running 50 moa bases and Burris XTR 34mm rings for elr.I did use 30 moa bases and 20-25 moa inserts.Using a dial indictior on top of the front ring,loosening and tightning front clamps........ .011 movement.
Burris XTR rings with inserts,these are an inch wide,be careful how you mount them,at an inch wide and square cut,when you clamp them, they want to square up tube to the rings,now the bottom of the rings are 20 moa off from each other,you will pull down or stress the scope when clamping the front, say,20 moa.I shim between front ring and base,you will lose some moa.
My CZ's prefer Lapua/SK
My B14's prefer mostly Eley,

* picking up a B14r for myself and my daughter. Wanted to go with an R700 profile action so that I can set it up with a good trigger, stock/chassis,
Then just buy a barreled action and put it in a chassis or a stock like a KRG Bravo or Grayboe.

* scope base- I assume anything R700 SA pattern will work.
Yup.

* I did like that the L3i base is 10MRAD in keeping with MRAD vs MOA.
Does not matter. Will not affect choice of Mil or MOA scope.

* bipod- I have regular Harris bipods but it would be nice to have an ARCA rail and use my MDT bipod. Seems like the 14" Area 419 ARCA rail might be the best bet and not too difficult to attach to the HMR stock?
Covered by choice of chassis/stock. If you decide to go factory stock. There are loads of How-to's out there.

* Anything I'm missing out on or forgetting as I get this thing set up?
Ammo. Spend more time shooting it and you'll figure out what it needs.

* Anyone know why there isn't a B14R sticky?
As stated above, no one reads them. There is A LOT of info on the B14r, including stickies on Rimfire Central.

They are a great rig and easy to 'accessorize'. In my case it is not very picky on ammo, SK Standard+ runs well enough for matches.

01d1747d89903157f61cf8168dfb3cb5ae0b3db20c.jpg

Last edited:
* picking up a B14r for myself and my daughter. Wanted to go with an R700 profile action so that I can set it up with a good trigger, stock/chassis,
Then just buy a barreled action and put it in a chassis or a stock like a KRG Bravo or Grayboe.

Yup.

* bipod- I have regular Harris bipods but it would be nice to have an ARCA rail and use my MDT bipod. Seems like the 14" Area 419 ARCA rail might be the best bet and not too difficult to attach to the HMR stock?
Covered by choice of chassis/stock. If you decide to go factory stock. There are loads of How-to's out there.

As stated above, no one reads them. There is A LOT of info on the B14r, including stickies on Rimfire Central.

They are a great rig and easy to 'accessorize'. In my case it is not very picky on ammo, SK Standard+ runs well enough for matches.

View attachment 8139050
I see you did a budget build on this.

Use the Area 419 Weighted ARCA rail if you have factory stock - drill and tap one screw. Factory setup needs more weight.

You will want an aftermarket Rem 700SA style trigger.

Multiple good scope choices - the Vortex Strike Eagle you mentioned a good choice. Bushnell Match Pro another choice.

SK Standard +, SK Rifle Match, SK LR, SK Biathlon, Norma Match, Eley Team all good in my B14R

Regarding scope base, it all depends on how far you intend to shoot. Most of the local NRL22 and PRS22 matches have stages that go out to 300 yds (the standard NRL22 stages are all <100 yds, but clubs can add their own stages and many will have one longer distance stage that pushes it out to 300 yds). At 200 yds most people will need 6-6.5 MILS of up and 300 is 12.5-13.5 MILS depending on atmospherics. So you’ll want to be able to dial at least 13-14 MILS of up. Depending on your scope, a 30MOA scope base ought to give you enough elevational travel while zero’d at 50 yds (which is the norm). I went with a 30MOA base and added another 20MOA of cant in my rings for a total of 50MOA to make use of 90% of my scope’s internal travel And have enough to dial out to 450 yds just in case.

Definitely get an Arca rail if you stick with the OEM stock, the weighted one from Area 419 is a popular choice since you can move the weights around to help balance the rifle. Most .22 rifles have short barrels, which makes it harder to balance them out. The Area 419 rail includes the screws and T-nuts for mounting it, and most times at least one of the holes lines up with the sling stud. A419 has an install video on Youtube, it’s a DIY project. But if you end up getting a chassis, get one with an integral full length Arca rail built in. The two chassis I have are the MDT ACC and XLR Envy Pro and I like them both.

I started with a Harris bipod w/ an arca clamp adapter. Easier to take it on/off than the attaching it to the sling stud, plus with the Arca rail you can position the bipod anywhere along the length of the rail to suit your shooting position, i.e. pull it in close to the magwell for shooting off the top of a 44 gal barrel or run it all the way out for prone. The Harris is fine, but you may eventually want to upgrade. But before you drop $600 on a Cyke-pod, remember that only about 20% of the stages are prone. I went with an Atlas CAL with Arca clamp, and it’s been working for me, tho somewhere down the line I may be getting a Cyke-pod double pull since one of the ranges I shoot at is mostly uphill and I’m at the limit of the Atlas for elevation.

You may want to get a barricade stop to attach to your arca rail. Most times when we shoot positional off a bag we shove the magwell into the bag to get steady and that can put pressure on the mag which can cause feeding issues. With a barricade stop you jam that into the bag and that will protect the mag from getting bumped.

Regarding scope base, it all depends on how far you intend to shoot. Most of the local NRL22 and PRS22 matches have stages that go out to 300 yds (the standard NRL22 stages are all <100 yds, but clubs can add their own stages and many will have one longer distance stage that pushes it out to 300 yds). At 200 yds most people will need 6-6.5 MILS of up and 300 is 12.5-13.5 MILS depending on atmospherics. So you’ll want to be able to dial at least 13-14 MILS of up. Depending on your scope, a 30MOA scope base ought to give you enough elevational travel while zero’d at 50 yds (which is the norm). I went with a 30MOA base and added another 20MOA of cant in my rings for a total of 50MOA to make use of 90% of my scope’s internal travel And have enough to dial out to 450 yds just in case.

Definitely get an Arca rail if you stick with the OEM stock, the weighted one from Area 419 is a popular choice since you can move the weights around to help balance the rifle. Most .22 rifles have short barrels, which makes it harder to balance them out. The Area 419 rail includes the screws and T-nuts for mounting it, and most times at least one of the holes lines up with the sling stud. A419 has an install video on Youtube, it’s a DIY project. But if you end up getting a chassis, get one with an integral full length Arca rail built in. The two chassis I have are the MDT ACC and XLR Envy Pro and I like them both.

<snip>
Great info. I've got an MDT ACC chassis with Ckyepod and barricade stop on my main rifle, so I can "borrow" some stuff from that for the B14r. Plus I have a GroundPod with ARCA now that I think of it.

I’ve got mine in a KRG Bravo to match my backup match rig, and I don’t have any issues others then the occasional mag issue but that’s just because I haven’t spent the time getting them dialed.

A 20 moa base should do you right but a 30 would be a little better, with the strike eagle you can probably get away with even more.

This was before the swap to the bravo to free in the manners for my rimx

IMG_4336.jpeg

Last edited:

Yup.

View attachment 8139050
love your rig! I've already got the full rifle on the way and figured it'll get us out there shooting and eventually I can look for a different chassis if we decide to go that route. I've got an MDT ACC and was thinking eventually a XRS might be a good option for this but will see how she likes the stock stock. :)

I was joking a little about the MIL base. with most PRS style scopes having MIL reticle, but the bases still referenced as MOA. As you said, not that it makes a difference I was just surprised when I saw theirs listed as 10 MRAD

I'll take a look around Rimfire Central, hadn't thought of that, it's my go to for Ruger info usually.

and while I have y'all here- need a few extra mags. Stick with the OE Bergara ($50?) or the L3i 14 round mags worth $70

If you get aftermarket chassis suggest you look for adjustable mag catch to insure reliable mag feeding in B14R. I like my XLR Envy Pro for rimfire because the "butt" is lighter - many chassis are heavy in butt with the rimfire barrels and hard to "balance".

Agreed on the "mag protector" for 22s. I a Grey Ops that attaches to ARCA rail

I see you did a budget build on this.
Yeah, I was bored during the Covid break. I built it up as if I wouldn't like the Bergara and swapped it out for a Vudoo or RimX...that never happened. I don't even want to talk about the current CZ/Manners build I'm in the middle of.

Yeah, I was bored during the Covid break. I built it up as if I wouldn't like the Bergara and swapped it out for a Vudoo or RimX...that never happened. I don't even want to talk about the current CZ/Manners build I'm in the middle of.
I built mine up with no plans of getting something else for a good while, then I ended up with a smoking deal on a RimX barrel during covid and figured I might as well build one. Now I’ve got a really nice rimx (it’s rivals my centerfire) and a solid b14r for a backup/loaner

IMG_0827.jpeg

Reactions: Lightning8
I have one, put an area 419 arca on it, easy to do. factory stock isn't that bad but I put it into a mpa chassis to match my centerfire. I have a 20 moa rail and was able to dial to 400 yards with my athlon Cronus. Still have the factory trigger but I'll change it out one of these days with a bix and andy.

Great info. I've got an MDT ACC chassis with Ckyepod and barricade stop on my main rifle, so I can "borrow" some stuff from that for the B14r. Plus I have a GroundPod with ARCA now that I think of it.

Agreed, I’m constantly ”borrowing” things between my centerfire and rimfire rifles. Shooting bags, Kestrel, dope cards, LRF, tripod, and even the Sikes Clutch and Grey Ops plate get shared.

I have one, put an area 419 arca on it, easy to do. factory stock isn't that bad but I put it into a mpa chassis to match my centerfire. I have a 20 moa rail and was able to dial to 400 yards with my athlon Cronus. Still have the factory trigger but I'll change it out one of these days with a bix and andy.
I just put a Bix n Andy Tacsport on my ARC Nucleus and so far very happy with it. Didn't go Tacsport Pro but maybe I'll go that route in the future and put the tacsport on the Bergara..

just out of curiosity, you the same name on the WERA forum?

I just put a Bix n Andy Tacsport on my ARC Nucleus and so far very happy with it. Didn't go Tacsport Pro but maybe I'll go that route in the future and put the tacsport on the Bergara..

just out of curiosity, you the same name on the WERA forum?

Yep, haven't been on there in awhile, retired from racing a few years ago.

My B14r (factory stock) has 30moa rail, 5-25x Strike Eagle, TT 2 stage trigger, Harris bi-pod, and makes for a formidable PRS/NRL rifle. I also use mine for rimfire F-class. Nobody I have ever talked to said they dropped points because the needed a more expensive bi-pod over their Harris. To each their own.

Mike

My B14r (factory stock) has 30moa rail, 5-25x Strike Eagle, TT 2 stage trigger, Harris bi-pod, and makes for a formidable PRS/NRL rifle. I also use mine for rimfire F-class. Nobody I have ever talked to said they dropped points because the needed a more expensive bi-pod over their Harris. To each their own.

Mike
A harris will definitely work, I’m a sucker for the atlas and I unfortunately played with a ckye pod at the last match I shot…. Now I’ve got a ckye pod and will probably get beat by a guy with a Harris.

A harris will definitely work, I’m a sucker for the atlas and I unfortunately played with a ckye pod at the last match I shot…. Now I’ve got a ckye pod and will probably get beat by a guy with a Harris.
They all work pretty well. I am in the process of switching to a F.A.B spike. The only reason I am changing is my Harris does not have the notched legs (which I highly recommend). I got the spike for on sale for $50 off at Cabelas. I was looking for the notched leg version Harris, when I found the spike for the same price. I thought I would give it a try, and it was different. Run what ya got and have some fun.

Mike

They all work pretty well. I am in the process of switching to a F.A.B spike. The only reason I am changing is my Harris does not have the notched legs (which I highly recommend). I got the spike for on sale for $50 off at Cabelas. I was looking for the notched leg version Harris, when I found the spike for the same price. I thought I would give it a try, and it was different. Run what ya got and have some fun.

Mike
I had to look up the spike and it’s looks solid for the price, and to get 50 off makes it an even better deal.

I had to look up the spike and it’s looks solid for the price, and to get 50 off makes it an even better deal.
I like it so far, it's pretty solid. I added an arca rail and an adaptor to the bi-pod. I went the arca route to share some of my son's stuff at shoots. Otherwise I was pretty happy the way I had mine setup.

Mike

I am a current USPSA shooter who is trying out PRS for the first time. I just bought a B14R (which is something like my 9th or 10th rimfire rifle...but whatever, I have so many the wife doesn't even notice when something else 'shows up' in the gun safe), and I am following this discussion with interest. I have the scope, rings, and rail all ordered based on advise from a local guy who works our matches, and I currently have the bi-pod that came with my Ruger Charger installed on the rifle.

I have looked at the various websites, and there are several items available under 'ARCA' and 'Harris' and other manufacturer mentioned. May I ask if the people involved in this discussion would mind including links or part numbers on the devices they recommend? The bi-pod I have is attached with the crappy sling mount adapter that comes with the Ruger. It's going to work for my first couple of matches because, well, it's what I have. But I would like to see exactly what others are recommending, and I am not familiar with the devices being recommended. Any help with identifying the specific part number would be a great help to me.

Thanks to all.

Tried to remove a few of the pieces to shorten the length of pull. Evidently you need shorter screws and Bergara is out of them at the moment.

Anyone know what screws match the pitch of the screws in the stock?

Tried to remove a few of the pieces to shorten the length of pull. Evidently you need shorter screws and Bergara is out of them at the moment.

Anyone know what screws match the pitch of the screws in the stock?
If I remember correctly they are essentially just deck screw meant to composite materials.
IMG_1483.png

Reactions: wbbh and SpeedyR
I love the factory stock - regarding arca rail - the Area 419 universal 12" arca rail fits the factory stock perfectly with no mods using the 2 sling swivel holes and the front action screw hole. I will take pics tonight and post them.

I am a current USPSA shooter who is trying out PRS for the first time. I just bought a B14R (which is something like my 9th or 10th rimfire rifle...but whatever, I have so many the wife doesn't even notice when something else 'shows up' in the gun safe), and I am following this discussion with interest. I have the scope, rings, and rail all ordered based on advise from a local guy who works our matches, and I currently have the bi-pod that came with my Ruger Charger installed on the rifle.

I have looked at the various websites, and there are several items available under 'ARCA' and 'Harris' and other manufacturer mentioned. May I ask if the people involved in this discussion would mind including links or part numbers on the devices they recommend? The bi-pod I have is attached with the crappy sling mount adapter that comes with the Ruger. It's going to work for my first couple of matches because, well, it's what I have. But I would like to see exactly what others are recommending, and I am not familiar with the devices being recommended. Any help with identifying the specific part number would be a great help to me.

Thanks to all.

Since you want to do PRS, get this, https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-univ14/, and this, https://www.area419.com/product/atlas-bipods/ they will allow you to set up the bipod anywhere along the rail. I put these on my B14R factory stock. If you look in the rimfire photos thread it's black white and red.

Thanks to all.
I think NewsShooter showed the ARCA rail setup well and I'll end up with the Area419 rail that he recommends for my rig. It sounds like you are familiar with the Harris bipods (I am pretty sure the Ruger charger comes with a Harris or clone), and their mounting system which is to tighten the clamp around the sling stud mount that most rifles have. It's easy to mount a bipod as most traditional hunting rifles all had a sling mount (the protruding stud with a hole that the older slings would attach) making it easy to add a bipod. There are adapters to add a bipod/sling mount on a rifle with a picatinny rail (or MLok or KeyMod) for easy mounting of a Harris style bipod.

there are also bipods with mounts specific for Picatinny rail, M-Lok or Keymod rails. MagPul and others make them, or some bipods will have the option of which mount you want.

More recently there are the ARCA rail system that you see on most of the PRS rifles. ARCA was developed (I think) by a swiss company for photography needs. It was adapted for use on rifles and tripods, and more recently Really Right Stuff (RRS) has made the "standard" a little more "standardized" with some more developed specifications for the rails. The makes some very nice ($$$) tripods and accessories for shooting. It's basically an extended dove clamp rail system so that you can slide your accessories front to back for best balance or position. That is the big advantage of ARCA is the ability to run a bipod in the front, or slide it back (or off) quickly and easily as well as having bags or other accessories attached at the same time.

KRG ARCA explanation
RRS ARCA rail specs

I think for most in relation to the B14R, the easy button is to stick with a sling stud mounted bipod like a Harris (S-BRM is usually the recommended model with the spring loaded notched legs) and add in one of the S-lock arms to adjust tension on the swivel. The nice thing on the B14R is the double sling studs in the front so you can still attach a sling and a bipod, or if you go with the ARCA Area419 rail it's an extra point for the mounting plate so you don't have to drill into the stock for solid mounting (the two sling mounts plus the forward action screw).

Harris S-BRM
Harris adapters and accessories (S-Lock)

Or move to adding an ARCA rail to the bottom of the front of the rifle (long 10-14" plate) and then use an ARCA mounted bipod like the Atlas, MDT, etc.

MDT GroundPod

long term I think the ARCA rail and ARCA mounted bipod (pick your favorite brand bipod) is probably the most versatile. Almost all of the PRS rifle chassis will come with an ARCA rail mounted under the front stock or are designed to be used that way (KRG Bravo for instance).

Looks like Area 419 also makes a Harris bipod with an ARCA mount: Harris ARCA bipod

hopefully that's not too much mansplaining. :) I know as I started to build a longer range rifle, it took me a while to figure out what everything was and what all the terms meant. Still learning. :)

Gentlemen, thank you very much for the detailed information you have provided. It is very much appreciated!

Another benefit of an ARCA rail is a 38mm wide flat spot that helps when setting up on props, bags, and such.

E7C55F1F-D1EA-418C-A4E0-31E333754797.jpeg

This is my B14-R
Currently has a 40MOA steel NightForce rail, and zero MOA unitized rings. I’m not running a zero stop, and have well over 25MOA of waste (downwards adjustment below zero). Personally if I had my druthers I’d be running a steel 55-60MOA rail to fully utilize the scope’s adjustment range (and since the rifle doesn’t give up any accuracy at distance).

Reactions: bnaples
Quick question on Bolt Close- took it to the range yesterday after I picked it up just to put some rounds down range (no sights) and start some break in. Noticed the bolt lift was smooth, but closing the bolt was very tight/hard. I assume this is more attributable to a need to break in the bolt vs some issue with the rifle/bolt.

I haven't put the Timney trigger in it yet but I have a two stage I'll put in soon. Will check the receiver torque when I remove the barreled action to replace the trigger.

Cleaned the bolt when I got it and put a light film of remoil on the bolt, shooting bulk Federal AutoMatch about 30-40 rounds.

Got the Burris 25MOA rail for it and will put that one this week, and for now have a spare Nikon EFR rimfire scope to put on it temporarily to get things broken in. Bought a couple of boxes of SK Long Range rifle match, a few boxes of assorted Eley, some RWS, CCI Standard Velocity and Federal Automatic for "bulk shooting".

Quick question on Bolt Close- took it to the range yesterday after I picked it up just to put some rounds down range (no sights) and start some break in. Noticed the bolt lift was smooth, but closing the bolt was very tight/hard. I assume this is more attributable to a need to break in the bolt vs some issue with the rifle/bolt.

I haven't put the Timney trigger in it yet but I have a two stage I'll put in soon. Will check the receiver torque when I remove the barreled action to replace the trigger.

Cleaned the bolt when I got it and put a light film of remoil on the bolt, shooting bulk Federal AutoMatch about 30-40 rounds.

Got the Burris 25MOA rail for it and will put that one this week, and for now have a spare Nikon EFR rimfire scope to put on it temporarily to get things broken in. Bought a couple of boxes of SK Long Range rifle match, a few boxes of assorted Eley, some RWS, CCI Standard Velocity and Federal Automatic for "bulk shooting".
The bolt closure will allow be a little stiff, you’re overcoming the notch cut in the cocking ramp that keeps the bolt cocked while you cycle it. Then the sear on the trigger retains it once it returned to batter until you pull the trigger.

Also certain types of ammo will jam in to the rifling and cause it to feel heavier on closing the bolt, I know CCI standard and other stuff like that will have that issue. Now the stuff that’s match ammo should chamber a little easier but still don’t be amazingly light.

The bolt closure will allow be a little stiff, you’re overcoming the notch cut in the cocking ramp that keeps the bolt cocked while you cycle it. Then the sear on the trigger retains it once it returned to batter until you pull the trigger.

Also certain types of ammo will jam in to the rifling and cause it to feel heavier on closing the bolt, I know CCI standard and other stuff like that will have that issue. Now the stuff that’s match ammo should chamber a little easier but still don’t be amazingly light.
I'll throw a couple of "match" ammo rounds at it tomorrow and see how it goes. I know with my ARC Nucleus action I went with a Bix n Andy specifically to change the sear to match the action, but sounds like it's just the way it is.

When you say you cleaned the bolt, did you fully disassemble it?
You must remove ALL the factory spooge, and replace with quality oils and grease. I recommend grease for the shroud threads, lugs, cocking ramp, sears, basically any part that moves on another slowly and with pressure. Save the oil for parts moving at high speed such as the striker/firing pin. I use moly hp grease as it works wonders.
If you really want smooth, mix molybdenum disulfide grease with STP oil treatment, 50/50, and apply to exterior bolt body, then cycle in the action.

@obx22

The moly hp grease - is that the same as red bearing and axle grease?

Have you tried white lithium grease?
Thx

Thanks to all.

Thanks to all.
Mount any Arca rail to your B14r, an Area 419 4.25" for $45 will work starting out on the two sling studs,you can buy Area 419 and RRS stuff to convert Harris to Arca.I make mine.I buy multiple Arca plates and Arca clamps from Amazon ,cheap.For $12,clamp and $1.50 for 10-32 sling stud,Amazon,I red loctite the 3/8" -1/4" bushing and the 1/4" screw,tighten ,Using a #21 bit ,drill through the hex key hole,through the bolt,tap hole to 10-32,trim sling stud,loctite the sling stud in.I do mine on a mill,I make the 3/8" to 10-32 bushings by drill and taping 3/8 bolt to 10-32 on a lathe,parting as I need them.

Attachments

• Resized_20230515_064521.jpeg
    Resized_20230515_064521.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: davidsaidwhat
Arca rail on Sp with swivel stud

Attachments

• Resized_20230506_190259.jpeg
    Resized_20230506_190259.jpeg
    387.1 KB · Views: 72
I prefer a full length rail so that I can slide my bipod up close for props like barrel tops. More options is better.
My point was to show folks like David arca choices,some folks,like my 73 year old gunsmith never seen or used one.I run one full length.......,made out of SS,36" for a stop on a cut off and band saw.

Reactions: davidsaidwhat
@obx22

The moly hp grease - is that the same as red bearing and axle grease?

Have you tried white lithium grease?
Thx
Molybdenum Disulfide Grease
4640A30F-848E-41E8-921B-755F3FEC8FD1.jpeg

In my opinion it is a superior option for firearms. Lithium grease has it’s uses, and certainly has a track record in the firearms industry, but moly is superior in the areas of high pressure where I described.

So I got a Burris 25MOA rail to install tonight, and a set of basic rings to put a Nikon 3-9 rimfire EFR scope on it till I can get a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x. Loctite the base to the rifle? I have purple loctite that I use on a lot of moto stuff, it's not a full on thread locker, but much better than nothing (good for vibration). Or just suck it up and use Blue 242? I just get nervous around tiny bolts and loctite. :)

And I did remove and disassemble the bolt and cleaned the gook out of it and used a better lube (ALG 0000). It's much smoother now and also put a few rounds of better ammo thru it seemed to be smoother as well.

Also will be on the hunt for the correct screws to shorten the LOP on the stock. Bergara is out of them and need to remove the plates to shorten the stock for my daughter. I don't suppose anyone knows the thread or a screw that is correct? I heard they are a screw from composite decking? I'll take one out and take it to the my local Ace and see what they have tomorrow.

So I got a Burris 25MOA rail to install tonight, and a set of basic rings to put a Nikon 3-9 rimfire EFR scope on it till I can get a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x. Loctite the base to the rifle? I have purple loctite that I use on a lot of moto stuff, it's not a full on thread locker, but much better than nothing (good for vibration). Or just suck it up and use Blue 242? I just get nervous around tiny bolts and loctite. :)

And I did remove and disassemble the bolt and cleaned the gook out of it and used a better lube (ALG 0000). It's much smoother now and also put a few rounds of better ammo thru it seemed to be smoother as well.

Also will be on the hunt for the correct screws to shorten the LOP on the stock. Bergara is out of them and need to remove the plates to shorten the stock for my daughter. I don't suppose anyone knows the thread or a screw that is correct? I heard they are a screw from composite decking? I'll take one out and take it to the my local Ace and see what they have tomorrow.

As to your shorter screw problem, I have a ton of screws around the shop and found some square drive screws that were the same diameter but shorter. These are not machine screws, but closer to your basic drywall screw. Just use something the same diameter, and you will be fine.

Current setup: B14r rifle, Harris bipod, Timney blue two stage, Burris 25MOA rail, cheap rings, Nikon EFR 3-9x rimfire scope, and my Dead Air Mask.

IMG_1550.jpeg

Next up get Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. Have a set of vortex pro series rings on the way. Then Area 419 arca rail and I’m done. Really. I can stop any time. Right?

Current setup: B14r rifle, Harris bipod, Timney blue two stage, Burris 25MOA rail, cheap rings, Nikon EFR 3-9x rimfire scope, and my Dead Air Mask.

View attachment 8144603

Next up get Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25. Have a set of vortex pro series rings on the way. Then Area 419 arca rail and I’m done. Really. I can stop any time. Right?
Yeah, you can totally stop at anytime you want but do you really want to

View attachment 8144603

Not to be an enabler, but I would also get the Area 419 barricade stop that clamps to the Arca rail.