• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear B5 Precision vs LMT Precision stock VS RAPS-C Precision Stock for AR10

Vinnie45ACP

Unapologetic Patriot!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2021
Virginia
Ok, I have decided to go with a A5 Buffer Tube set up, and my LOP is 13.5", so I need a shorter adjustable buttstock that can also accommodate The A5 Tube. of these I have zero experience and will be obviously going with a Mil-Spec Tune because I believe that is the only way the A5 comes. So, with that being said, of these and who has experience with each or all, please give me some feedback and which way I should be going. This Gun due to weight, will be mostly for precision shooting (Prone, Bench, Tripod) and zero running gunning.

Ok, I have decided to go with a A5 Buffer Tube set up, and my LOP is 13.5", so I need a shorter adjustable buttstock that can also accommodate The A5 Tube. of these I have zero experience and will be obviously going with a Mil-Spec Tune because I believe that is the only way the A5 comes. So, with that being said, of these and who has experience with each or all, please give me some feedback and which way I should be going. This Gun due to weight, will be mostly for precision shooting (Prone, Bench, Tripod) and zero running gunning.
You can’t go shorter than 13.5” on an ar10 with a cheek riser on the buttstock, unless you have a receiver with a side charging handle or you choose to not raise the cheek riser.

You can’t go shorter than 13.5” on an ar10 with a cheek riser on the buttstock, unless you have a receiver with a side charging handle or you choose to not raise the cheek riser.
I will be happy with 13.5” or very close to it, or have the cheek rise farther back like the B5 short. Cause the magpul PRS Gen 3 I have now is nearly 15” with the pad pushed all the way in, and it is way too long (that’s what she said 😂), and messing things all up for me.

I will be happy with 13.5” or very close to it, or have the cheek rise farther back like the B5 short. Cause the magpul PRS Gen 3 I have now is nearly 15” with the pad pushed all the way in, and it is way too long (that’s what she said 😂), and messing things all up for me.
But then you will have issues with eye relief and the scope, depending on the optic obviously.

I wouldn't generally recommend LMT in 2022, but of all LMT’s products you’d probably be safe getting their AR10 precision stock.