• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B5 Systems Coyote Color

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    Can someone who has a coyote colored anything from B5 Systems and Magpul FDE anything please post a photo side by side for comparison? Thanks in advance!

colors - especially the tans - are very hard to compare online. We have a dedicated studio and spend an enormous amount of time getting our Kelvin lighting specs correct, and then post-production white balance to work with shadows and the same, which makes tans unbelievably hard to render.

We see manufacturers who cannot get it right. Badger and Geissele mounts, for example, are often shown as this orange-beige color, when the true color is really a golden sand-tan.

We stock B5 and Magpul dealer and also have a Cerakote facility. I would put it this way: B5 Coyote is clearly a shade of brown, and darker than FDE. Magpul is more of a mud color.

Other than that, I would say, don't sweat the small stuff. Ten years ago, everyone wanted the entire gun and furniture to match. With the Scar and Knights M110, HK 416, et. al., having parts with different colors is actually more desirable. Good to have furniture that matches. B5 is a solid company, and I would endorse any and all of their products.

Anodizing colors is very unpredictable, which is why there are so many shades (look at scar for example). Also hard to match injected plastic to the same colors. You aren't going to spend the time and money to strip anno, reprep and ano over some color differences.

The only way to really ensure the color is the same, is to Cerakote.

Then again worrying about colors on guns that get shot matching is something most men dont care about.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I "Calico Jack" my shit! Just trying to reply to a customer.
    IMG_1095.jpg