• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Baby Blkside *Talan* CHOC Walk thru the park"

blkside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Lake Elsinore,Ca
"On October 17th, over 15,000 Walkers will stroll through the Disneyland® Resort, Disney California Adventure® park and Downtown Disney® District at the 20th Annual CHOC Walk in the Park in support of CHOC Children's and CHOC Children's Hospital at Mission. "

My wife and children will be there walking for my MicroPreemie Talan and a few of his friends... He is 2 now and we owe it all to the wonderful staff at CHOC.... We cant thank Aunt Kelly,Linda or Kim enough.. and Talans favorite RT Bryce...

You can also donate for my wife and children walking here:

http://www.chocwalk.net/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=427906&supid=303657242

Aunt Kel with Talan and his nurses first reunion...

n560923482_1431619_9225.jpg

Talan 9/15/2010 @ one of his many appointments..

59257_430275608482_560923482_5215219_4451327_n.jpg

Re: Baby Blkside *Talan* CHOC Walk thru the park"

Very cute, my wife is a NICU nurse so I hear about the hardships all the time and see these little troupers every time I visit her work, the reunion parties are really neat too. He looks like he's doing great! (Cool name too)!

Thank You very much.. My wife submitted to me naming both of my boys... Gavin Christian and Talan Rayce (yes his name is Race)...

He is definitely a trooper. Glad he is here with us and it really is because of CHOC...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank You very much.. My wife submitted to me naming both of my boys... Gavin Christian and Talan Rayce (yes his name is Race)...

He is definitely a trooper. Glad he is here with us and it really is because of CHOC... </div></div>

They do good work and save countless lives everyday. Aside from a few more than average dr. visits I'm sure he'll live the life you hope for him. Cool names, very unique.

Well thanks anyway for the 102 visits with no real response.. I must be the only one with a special needs child... Our children depend on us for their survival and sometimes we have obstacles we cannot overcome. You only have 2 things you can do, pray and place your faith in others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must be the only one with a special needs child...
</div></div>
Or maybe those of us with special needs children, but different needs than yours, support that cause instead. Lay the guilt trip somewhere else because as a parent of an autistic child, I already feel guilty enough as it is wondering what the hell I did to cause it.

In other words, GFY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Well thanks anyway for the 102 visits with no real response..</span> </div></div>
Blkside, you must have mistyped your google search. This isn't <span style="font-weight: bold">Beggar's Hide...For the serious beggar</span>.

It is up to you to support causes you feel are important. If others help... great. If not, STFU about it.

You could sell something of yours if it's that important to you.. (like the computer or internet service you are using to show the world you are tool).

Many of us give to a lot of worthy causes. We just don't use internet guilt to do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Well thanks anyway for the 102 visits with no real response..</span> </div></div>
Blkside, you must have mistyped your google search. This isn't <span style="font-weight: bold">Beggar's Hide...For the serious beggar</span>.

It is up to you to support causes you feel are important. If others help... great. If not, STFU about it.</div></div>

Shank, for instance, is all into supporting pepper-phobic eunuchs, which you can tell if you look closely at his signature.

On a serious note: charity should be personal, and voluntary, not institutional, and mandatory. If people aren't forthcoming with aid, and you've done your best to appeal to their better nature, there's no dividend in throwing stones after the fact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well thanks anyway for the 102 visits with no real response.. I must be the only one with a special needs child... Our children depend on us for their survival and sometimes we have obstacles we cannot overcome. You only have 2 things you can do, pray and place your faith in others.
</div></div>

Well, you could spend less time developing a website for EVO racing enthusiasts:

4uv4i0.jpg

http://www.alliancemotorsportsusa.com/main/

or..

You could not spend thousands of dollars modifying your amateur race car:

http://www.alliancemotorsportsusa.com/main/tim

It's nice BTW. A lot nicer than a lot of people's cars here you are trying to guilt into donating money.

okvskx.jpg

thats shankster. the real net ninja. all respect intended

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats shankster. the real net ninja. all respect intended </div></div>

Nah, he just mined it out of the profile page, but it's still aggressively stalky, IMHO.

thats what he does, its his pleasure. he has come up with stuff on so many posers its always a treat. i cant say i disagree in this case. plus if it were not for that comment, shank would never have gotten in this thread. mined or not, i kinda see the point he is making. that money spent on that car could really help the cause if he needs money so bad, i know guys here have sold GAPs to pay bills and we love them as much as he loves that car. and like you said, throwing stones has consequences

The members of this site are the most generous people I've seen on the web.

you do have that right. i have offered to give someone something i have to use or keep many times only to be the second or third in a long string of offers. you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

that said, to the OP, i hope your cause does well with its event and i wish good health on you and your family

No worries...

With no response but a mass of views, I was curious as to why not even a comment. My response wasnt meant as a guilt trip but apparently it was taken that way. This would be the last place to throw stones about the expense of peoples hobbies. It was a simple post to see if there was any interest in supporting a good cause. Hope to hell you dont kick the shit out of the salvation army guy as he rings his bell.

Redmass I know exactly how you feel cause I am still in the process of understanding about my 5 year olds autism and whether or not the innoculations from the military caused it.

... thanks anyway

Not interested in arguing but could you show me the receipts. Do you know what I have spent.. probably not on what people here spend on a nice stick... thanks though... shitt of me to start a club in an effort to get people on the track and off the street.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well thanks anyway for the 102 visits with no real response.. I must be the only one with a special needs child... Our children depend on us for their survival and sometimes we have obstacles we cannot overcome. You only have 2 things you can do, pray and place your faith in others.
</div></div>

Well, you could spend less time developing a website for EVO racing enthusiasts:

4uv4i0.jpg

http://www.alliancemotorsportsusa.com/main/

or..

You could not spend thousands of dollars modifying your amateur race car:

http://www.alliancemotorsportsusa.com/main/tim

It's nice BTW. A lot nicer than a lot of people's cars here you are trying to guilt into donating money.

okvskx.jpg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Redmass I know exactly how you feel cause I am still in the process of understanding about my 5 year olds autism and whether or not the innoculations from the military caused it. </div></div>No hard feelings. Best of luck to you and your family.

To you too bro..

The one thing I have figured out is that there is no pinpoint to the origin of Autism. I personally have a hard time understanding it cause I read about it and out of 1000000 syptoms, my son can display 3 and its autism. Good luck and god bless you and your family,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To you too bro..

The one thing I have figured out is that there is no pinpoint to the origin of Autism. I personally have a hard time understanding it cause I read about it and out of 1000000 syptoms, my son can display 3 and its autism. Good luck and god bless you and your family, </div></div>

It seems as though it's caused by some interaction of proteins but barring more research I think it'll be a while before we can solve that problem. I know everyone says (my wife NICU nurse included) says MMR is safe I still don't trust the CDC or the shot yet. Redmass, I watched a prog on TV about a autism program that was basically intensive study (think forced learning) that cured autism within a year or so. BLK, you know I would have donated to the cause as it's what my wife does for a living but we just don't have the cash, I'm a full time student with a nine month old kid which is to say we're poor.

I am just wondering why I notice a lot of the thoughts of the origin of autism revolves around immunizations. I pesonally have had everything from Anthrax to MMR a dozen times over. SO I feel Redmass pain when you wonder what you did to cause it.

As for the money, its more about the awareness abd what do people watch more than anything else. Money. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Good luck with your endeavors.. Tell your wife thank you cause it takes a special person to be a NICU nurse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To you too bro..

The one thing I have figured out is that there is no pinpoint to the origin of Autism. I personally have a hard time understanding it cause I read about it and out of 1000000 syptoms, my son can display 3 and its autism. Good luck and god bless you and your family, </div></div>

It seems as though it's caused by some interaction of proteins but barring more research I think it'll be a while before we can solve that problem. I know everyone says (my wife NICU nurse included) says MMR is safe I still don't trust the CDC or the shot yet. Redmass, I watched a prog on TV about a autism program that was basically intensive study (think forced learning) that cured autism within a year or so. BLK, you know I would have donated to the cause as it's what my wife does for a living but we just don't have the cash, I'm a full time student with a nine month old kid which is to say we're poor. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am just wondering why I notice a lot of the thoughts of the origin of autism revolves around immunizations. I pesonally have had everything from Anthrax to MMR a dozen times over. SO I feel Redmass pain when you wonder what you did to cause it.

As for the money, its more about the awareness abd what do people watch more than anything else. Money. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Good luck with your endeavors.. Tell your wife thank you cause it takes a special person to be a NICU nurse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To you too bro..

It seems as though it's caused by some interaction of proteins but barring more research I think it'll be a while before we can solve that problem. I know everyone says (my wife NICU nurse included) says MMR is safe I still don't trust the CDC or the shot yet. Redmass, I watched a prog on TV about a autism program that was basically intensive study (think forced learning) that cured autism within a year or so. BLK, you know I would have donated to the cause as it's what my wife does for a living but we just don't have the cash, I'm a full time student with a nine month old kid which is to say we're poor. </div></div> </div></div>

Thanks will do!

Blkside and Redmanss

You guys aren't the only ones I assure you on this site with special needs kids. I know of many more. You guys keep your heads up and since we all seem to be stuck with 5 year olds in the same boats I am still not convinced it wasn't something in the vaccinations that year but that's just conspiracy theory. Blkside I am glad you are supporting something you believe in. I do the same thing here with Arkansas Children's Hospital but remember one thing about comments on the internet. You never really know how somebody inferred the words and sometimes some people just don't know how to communicate with somebody with a special needs child. They don't know whether to say I'm sorry or ROCK ON big guy.If you don't deal with disabilities or they don't affect your life in some way then most have no knowledge of how to interact with people who's lives they do impact.

The ones that really fry me on the inside are the ones whose background comments go something like this "they need to discipline that child, he needs his ass whooped", "why don't they do something about him" because they sure as hell look just fine don't they. Those people are ignorant and my only recourse is to educate them as much as possible.

Keep your heads up guys, those little ones depend on us every day and your not alone!

Blkside..............hows that for a comment
wink.gif

Thats exactly my sentiments. I think that with the "meds" and procedures being utilized today, there has to be a variable present in all of the cases. Im very fortunate my sons autism is so mild I told the doctors they were stupid. I didnt notice until right before I left he had a few minor tendencies.
I hope no one has to deal with all that it involves. Its not just the children or the cost but the time and effort it takes to make it work.
Like I said before I am sorry it seemed to come out wrong but I would like to see everyone support their local hospitals because if they dont make it out of the hospital then there is no need for all the after effects charities.

Thanks bro for responding. Good luck and God Bless...