• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

back button 3x ???

Re: back button 3x ???

Not just you.

It has been that way for me since I have not been athorized to view the ads.

It's worth it to not see the pop up ads flashing at me.

IE, Firefox doesn't have the drivers to support some of the touch pad functions on my laptop or I would use it.

I didn't do anything to make this happen, I still have windows where the ads used to be.
The top and middle window say "you are not athorized to view this page".
The top left window says "sponsored ads keep sniper's hide online"

Each click of the back button makes one window disappear.

I'm not a computer guru.

"It's just empty space there is no code..."doesn't tell me anything. I just know the spaces for the ads are still occupied and I have to press my back button 3 times to back up a page.

I am no computer guru either, but try clearing your cookies, and such. Once you clear all that from your computer's memory, it shouldn't show all that empty stuff. Should also speed up your rig, and load web pages a little faster.
: tools, Internet options, clear memory, clear cookies, clear all.
for Mac: Reset Safari, reset.
Also it is better to click on one of the navigation buttons than to click on the back arrow.
Good luck.
Oh, and Mr Lowlight: thanks for deleting the ads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am no computer guru either, but try clearing your cookies, and such. Once you clear all that from your computer's memory, it shouldn't show all that empty stuff. Should also speed up your rig, and load web pages a little faster.
: tools, Internet options, clear memory, clear cookies, clear all.
for Mac: Reset Safari, reset.
Also it is better to click on one of the navigation buttons than to click on the back arrow.
Good luck.
Oh, and Mr Lowlight: thanks for deleting the ads. </div></div>

I tried that and it didn't remove the space for the ads either.

How is it better to use the navigation button instead of the back button?

Clearly, in this case it would be but, under normal surcumstances I don't see where it would make a difference

The space for the ads are there, but it is just that, "Empty" space there is no code in there to be effecting anything.

Empty space is just that, so how is empty space effecting your browser... ?

I can't recreate the problems, so chances are, like most problems I get asked about it, it is a local issue with your browser, security, etc...

If you are running IE8, try turning on "Compatibility View".
This is located in Tools on the Explorer menu bar.

It solved a different problem and might help here.

It's not the site, I have no issues on any of my workstations. Right now I'm on Vista x64 IE8 (NOT using Compatibility View) and all is fine. My XP / IE7 works fine too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The space for the ads are there, but it is just that, "Empty" space there is no code in there to be effecting anything.

Empty space is just that, so how is empty space effecting your browser... ?

I can't recreate the problems, so chances are, like most problems I get asked about it, it is a local issue with your browser, security, etc... </div></div>

I don't know how it is affecting my browser but just because you can't recreate the problem doesn't mean you didn't cause it for everybody else that is experiencing it.

It worked fine before the ads
it worked fine with the ads
now the ads are gone and myself and others are having the same problems...

I'm sure it's some sort of compatability issue with a certain version of OS or browser or computer so everybody running it is experiencing the same problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm...it must be a problem with my stuff </div></div>

Same, Same, here.

I never said everyone was. I said you caused it for everyone who is having the problem.

Just like I cause all the "password" and log on problems I get emailed with everyday. --- however they are 99.9% operator error. I have no clue how your browser is set up, what security settings you are running, so the idea "I" caused your problem is suspect at best. If I caused the problem everyone using your browser would be experiencing it... but instead I just selected you and the others to have the issue. I'm an ass like that.

I'm just going by what CKA said.
laugh.gif

seriously though.

I didn't change anything on my end and I not saying it's something you did on purpose but it only happens on this site and I'm obviously not the only one so I know you didn't just single me out.

I have experienced the password and login problems before too but, those never persisted

I have a computer question to interject to the guru's. My cursor always dissapears when I stop moving the mouse. How do I fix this?

What O.S. are you running?
Do you have a special mouse driver loaded?
I don't see an option in Vista or my driver to make it disappear.

I'm running XP.
The mouse is the wireless usb kind.
It dosen't do it all the time, but probably 95% of the time. Crappy mouse maybe? IDK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does the #x back thing on my work computer, but not at home. </div></div>

Same here, does it on the work laptop, but not on the home desktop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running XP.
It dosen't do it all the time, but probably 95% of the time. Crappy mouse maybe? IDK </div></div>

I still have XP on my work PC.
You can try going into Control-Panel, Mouse, click the Pointer Options tab, deselect "Hide pointer while Typing".

When I asked about the Mouse and driver, I was talking about the brand.
This is likely a driver issue and this has alot to do with what mouse you have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does the #x back thing on my work computer, but not at home. </div></div>Are you gent's running different O.S.'s or different versions of Explorer between your home and work PC's?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does the #x back thing on my work computer, but not at home. </div></div>Are you gent's running different O.S.'s or different versions of Explorer between your home and work PC's? </div></div>

XP on both, but the work computers have an assload of filters, I think thats the problem, my kids laptop runs Vista and no issues there.

I'm running MS Explorer version 6 as my browser and Windows XP for home. I think the problem lies within and it may be a communication incompatibility issue. I’ve cleared cookies, temp files and history, no luck. I'm having the same problem (back button 3x) here but not at another location. The other location is running Explorer and Windows but I'm not sure which Versions. If you’re running the same programs as me with no problems, I’m out of guesses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running XP.
It dosen't do it all the time, but probably 95% of the time. Crappy mouse maybe? IDK </div></div>

I still have XP on my work PC.
You can try going into Control-Panel, Mouse, click the Pointer Options tab, deselect "Hide pointer while Typing".

When I asked about the Mouse and driver, I was talking about the brand.
This is likely a driver issue and this has alot to do with what mouse you have.
</div></div>

That seems to have worked Raf, it's a GE brand mouse.

I would just use the links at the top...

either "Forums" or Forum Lists will take you to the main forum page with everything showing, or use the header to the section you are in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would just use the links at the top...

either "Forums" or Forum Lists will take you to the main forum page with everything showing, or use the header to the section you are in. </div></div>

...because this is easier for you than fixing a problem that doesn't affect enough people to worry about?

Is it difficult to remove the space for the ads or are they to return at a later date?

Either way it's your site to do with as you please, I get that. I'm sure you get a tremendous amount of crap to weed through on a daily basis so I will do my best not to contribute to that volume anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would just use the links at the top...

either "Forums" or Forum Lists will take you to the main forum page with everything showing, or use the header to the section you are in. </div></div>

...because this is easier for you than fixing the problem?

Is it difficult to remove the space for the ads or are they to return at a later date?

Either way it's your site to do with as you please, I get that. I'm sure you get a tremendous amount of crap to weed through on a daily basis so I will do my best not to contribute anymore.
</div></div>

Dude, you're friggin ridiculous...

Yes the ads are coming back, unless you want to pay the bills, and the mere fact it happens for someone and not for others, on systems they don't fully understand means its a local setting...

I just went and did a search at UBB and there is no reported issue with this, meaning it is a local setting problem, and not a site problem. IE* does have some compatibility issues, but its microsoft and not the forum software.

I have no problem to fix, you do... Read what is being said, no two people have any answers because most dont' even know the status of their own computers are, so they can't say why it works on one computer and not the other.

So tired of you fucking whining and crying about it, look at the software version of this site, I update it constantly at $150 each time, plus the labor as I contract it out. So if it was something that needed fixing it would be fixed with the updates.

Fucking babies I swear

Frank;
For what it's worth....

I enjoy the site, with or without the Ad's, and let them show on my monitor. Never tried to get rid of them. If they need to be there they need to be there. Good enough for me.

Thanks for the site! I have learned alot and still have alot to learn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It does the #x back thing on my work computer, but not at home.</div></div>

Same here. IE at work does it. Mozilla Firefox at home does not.

FWIW, If Frank needs to run ads to keep the hide running, then I'm all for it. Small price to pay I think!

Me either.

The empty ad space that was running behind the tread display is gone.

That may not make sense to you but thats what I was seeing and what was causing the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever you did fixed it.

Thanks</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't do anything, </div></div>

I prayed for you both to get along and look what happened. You two both owe me big time.

Don't spite me or I'll pray to make it come back!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever you did fixed it.

Thanks</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't do anything, </div></div>

I prayed for you both to get along and look what happened. You two both owe me big time.

Don't spite me or I'll pray to make it come back!! </div></div>

While typng this you missed a good deal in thee FS section.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Why would I want snipershide.com stickers?
laugh.gif

They would probably get my truck windows smashed out up here in liberalville!

LL...I don't have any back button issues (like those who will remain unnamed), but can I be a moderator? Paypal hates me (long story) and I can no longer make payments to the online training forum, so I figure the only other way is to get mod rights.

Oh...and I promise to give CKA a timeout at least once a week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go buy my Wilson Combat, then you can shoot them in the dick for breaking your truck window. </div></div>

To big for shooting the weenie liberals up here, I'd be fried in court for using to much gun. 25acp is the legal limit in this area.
wink.gif

Yea, cobb50 said he got mod status.

PM him and maybe he can tell you how.