• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

back from gap, questions about badger FTE

Quicky06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
St. Louis
Well I Just go may rifle back from GAP. Theyve had it since tuesday. Got the call yesterday asking for money and got home and the box was sitting on the front porch lol.

quick info its a SPS-V in 308. Had them install a badger FTE per my shoulder doctors orders.

Well my question is: Does it matter how the brake is clocked. The brake is a present from my parents for christmas and i had to take it off the barrel to explain why I "had to send it off so they can clamp it on the barrel".

I may be paranoid but i level the rifle using my little bsquare buble level on the scope rail and locked the bipod then stuck a magnetic magnet to the flat spot on the top of the brake and leveled it out.

Is this right? and how much will 10 degrees diffrence make?
And is there a torque spec or just goodentight.

ill throw pics up in a minute.

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

Re: back from gap, questions about badger FTE

I dont think it matters on a .308 but on a bigger caliber the clocking helps keep it from torquing. If I remember right the brake should be clocked at like 11 oclock. I think but I could also be having a brain fart and be full of shit.

I would think the torque should be the same as a AI .338 double chamber brake they look exactly the same. The Torque is 4.0 NM..

If you search you should be able to find the clocking..

Screw it on and eye ball it level with the rifle. Tighten the set screw, not too tight though, and blast away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw it on and eye ball it level with the rifle. Tighten the set screw, not too tight though, and blast away. </div></div>

Thanks. That's what I wants to hear. Now I have to wait until after christsmas to shoot it..... The condition of me sending it in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quicky06</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw it on and eye ball it level with the rifle. Tighten the set screw, not too tight though, and blast away. </div></div>

Thanks. That's what I wants to hear. Now I have to wait until after christsmas to shoot it..... The condition of me sending it in </div></div>

Wait until they're all gone...........blast away

I clock my Tubb brake a cunt hair to the left, and a couple of turns out, once you find a load the rifle likes you can fine tune it with the brake.

Never thought about adjustingvtge harmonists with it. Ice got a slow and a fast load that she loves