• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Back packs that can covertly store 22" barrel from take down rifle

desertHK

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2008
AZ
I have been searching for a heavy duty enough backpack that can store my take down rifle (AI PSR) that can accommodate my 300 WM barrel (24"). Also, it has to be well padded so that it doesn't imprint the rifle. So far I really like the Nemesis backpack, but I don't think it will fit barrels longer than 20". I want a backpack that doesn't stand out as "tactical". Any thought? thank you in advance.

This is what I use for my AT plus all my range gear. I just put the barrel in a TAB barrel sleeve and strap it to the rifle, makes for a very neat little package. There is plenty of room for the rifle, barrel, suppressor, spotting scope (a big Vortex in a padded case), tripod, LRF, Broka tool, ammo, shooting mat, small accessories like ear and eye pro, water and snacks. Best of all it actually carries well because it is designed by a company who has a clue about carrying gear over long distances on your back.

https://www.osprey.com/us/en/product/kestrel-38-KESTREL38.html

Arcteryx Khard 60 is what I used for mine, with the barrel off you can probably fit a 24" barrel in the side pocket. In the pic below mine has a 16.5" barrel + Surefire brake.
Arcteryx Khard.jpg
Arcteryx Khard..jpg

Reactions: jordan0317
My AI PSR breaks down to three components. The action with folding stock runs about 16". The barrel shroud is also about 16". And the barrel itself depending on the caliber ranges from 24-26". Your suggestions are good, but it still looks like a rifle pack.

Thank you Theis. That looks more in line with what I am thinking. Still keeping my options open yet.