• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS)

diver9

Private
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2011
Whats your favorite BUIS for a flat top .223? ive been highly interested in knights armament and troy battle sights?

Re: Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS)

I dont run BUIS, all I run is irons and I like the Daniel Defense for a fixed rear. If you need folding I like Troy's.

Knights are about the lowest profile, if that matters. To me, either are the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i run troy's and only troy's</div></div>

+5. I have Troy's on all five of my ARs. My carbines have fixed Troy front sights and rear folders.

i like the GG&G MAD rear sights. it's a very small, rugged, and useable sight.

if you don't mind the size, the Midwest Industries are pretty good for the slightly lower price. i cant say i have any complaints about them.

between the two which one do you think would be the most accurate or is that almost impossible to say.

Diamond head sights... I am running the auto ranger on the front....

These for me:
viewFile-2.html.jpg

I dont know about the rest of the but Troys are stainless with a coating. So corrosion is a minimum.

I have a Troy rear on a Colt 6920 and Troy front & rear on a Noveske and have been pleased. Of course I have used them very little since I run Aimpoints on both.

I have YHM one of my ARs. They are good and cheap for BUIS. If you think you're going to use them for precision shooting, go with Troy. I would have gone Magpul, but their sites tend to melt on Gas blocks.

FWIW, I'll be getting Troy sights for my next build with the tritium inserts.

If you have the bucks the troys are the best but I didn't feel like spending that kind of money so I got magpul ones. They are fine for plinking. Just make sure to get them from a reputable source as there are airsoft ones out there which are garbage.

Perhaps, you'd like to have a BDC function, yes? The Matech, that's Uncle Sam's sight, will allow for a 300 meter BSZ; plus, hasty clicks for KD targets, as well as BSZ redirection to 200 meters. It's very versatile.

Matech is probably the best bang for the buck. I know what I wouldn't get...that is the Magpul BUIS I'm sure they are effective but they don't seem to sturdy and are hard to acquire. Perhaps if they put a colored marker or dot on the front site?.....

do you want fixed BUIS or folding BUIS... cqb gun with a red dot get fixed BUIS, Long range gets a set of Magpul cheap sights under the glass. They work as good as any match grade Iron I have used, and will work when your primary optic goes down.

thanks to everyone but i have decided to go KAC

I run the GGG MAD for the Rear and I like the PRI and Troy HK style for the fronts,

All,

This is not an indictment of any posting on this thread; but, some of the aftermarket grips, BUISs, vertical grips, rails, slings, etc. appear to appeal to folks who have no experience with rack grade, so understanding whether such enhancements will actually enhance the performance of their rifle in any way cannot be discerned by these folks. Yet, with a herd mentality, these folks buy stuff that they've seen advertised, anticipating their purchase, in some way, will improve their shooting. These folks bypass basic marksmanship for novelties. The rack grade Colt M4 with BDC detachable carry handle sight or Matech BUIS is a formidable firearm. In the hands of a properly trained marksman, with mindset adjusted to recognize good hits are possible to any distance and in any condition that the bullet can get to nose-on, good hits with M855 or Mk. 262 are possible to 600 meters and beyond.

Just a suggestion for any who have the black rifle bug, learn how the issue BDC works, zero for 300 meter BSZ for maximum functionality, and learn about how to properly point the rifle using consistent sight alignment, and pull the trigger without disturbing aim utilizing smooth trigger control. Do these things before you buy any so called enhancements.

I see folks every day who want a BUIS with no understanding for MOA, BSZ, or BDC. For these folks I guess it does not matter what they buy since what ever it is, they'll never come to understand how to properly zero their rifle with it. Might as well just duct tape a nail to the rifle.

I've used the KAC offering and they are nice, I currently have a LMY BUIS w/ FSB, but if I were going back to BUIS both ends I'd go Troy in a heartbeat!

The KAC sites are nice like I said but not for me as a full-time item. If going full time and really needing folders (if that makes sense) then yes Troy. Or if you're in my shoes and have a standard FSB, I love the LMT rear BUIS offering.

Just my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All,

This is not an indictment of any posting on this thread; but, some of the aftermarket grips, BUISs, vertical grips, rails, slings, etc. appear to appeal to folks who have no experience with rack grade, so understanding whether such enhancements will actually enhance the performance of their rifle in any way cannot be discerned by these folks. Yet, with a herd mentality, these folks buy stuff that they've seen advertised, anticipating their purchase, in some way, will improve their shooting. These folks bypass basic marksmanship for novelties. The rack grade Colt M4 with BDC detachable carry handle sight or Matech BUIS is a formidable firearm. In the hands of a properly trained marksman, with mindset adjusted to recognize good hits are possible to any distance and in any condition that the bullet can get to nose-on, good hits with M855 or Mk. 262 are possible to 600 meters and beyond.

Just a suggestion for any who have the black rifle bug, learn how the issue BDC works, zero for 300 meter BSZ for maximum functionality, and learn about how to properly point the rifle using consistent sight alignment, and pull the trigger without disturbing aim utilizing smooth trigger control. Do these things before you buy any so called enhancements.

I see folks every day who want a BUIS with no understanding for MOA, BSZ, or BDC. For these folks I guess it does not matter what they buy since what ever it is, they'll never come to understand how to properly zero their rifle with it. Might as well just duct tape a nail to the rifle. </div></div>

Thats why i just throw the magpul cheapo deluxo on my guns for backup

KAC and troy are just to expensive

I will not buy any more expensive BUIS. The Magpul MBUS Gen 2 or the ARMS 71 work just as well at a fraction of the price of he Troy or other BUIS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will not buy any more expensive BUIS. The Magpul MBUS Gen 2 or the ARMS 71 work just as well at a fraction of the price of he Troy or other BUIS.</div></div>

I agree 100%, the Magpul BUIS GEN 2 are the way to go