• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Backfire Backstop Recoil pad for HNT26

goatsie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2009
Meridian, ID.
I bought this and wanted to provide some thoughts. I think the customization to each rifle’s recoil is nonsense without providing data for testing many different structures and materials. I do think this is a great product, but instead of over claiming innovation, they should have just marketed it as we made a great recoil pad.

So I received mine today and wanted to give some first impressions. I won’t be able to shoot for a few more weeks, but wanted to provide my initial thoughts.
-Shipping was quick! I placed an order and was told I would get them mid February, but they arrived three weeks prior to that.
-Upon receiving the packaging seems very “Etsy”…it is nice but doesn’t really stick with their high tech solution to recoil theme.
-Quality video instructions of installation are provided
- Fitment is perfect, to me this is the current best option for the HNT26.
-The recoil pads feel VERY 3D printed, I am a little worried about how they will hold up. I could also see the lattice structure getting filled with dirt when shooting prone.
- everything feels just barely unfinished, like edges pictured. I realize this is due to the limitations of 3D printing used. Once you accept it for what it is, it feels overall well made.
- I am overall satisfied with the purchase, however, I hope to be even more impressed with the function!

IMG_9007.jpeg

IMG_9009.jpeg

IMG_9010.jpeg

Any follow up after using it? I’m interested in one of these for my lightweight hunting rifle but can’t find a lot of objective info.

Any follow up after using it? I’m interested in one of these for my lightweight hunting rifle but can’t find a lot of objective info.

I finally got to the range to test these out in my 7PRC and 22 Creedmoor. Overall I think it is a great upgrade to the HNT26. Felt recoil is so difficult to quantify and accurately compare, but I did feel a marked improvement after adding the backstop. I did notice as others have mentioned that the structuring does capture and hold quite a bit of dirt.
I will really start putting it through its paces soon in the back country!

Attachments

• 1712672757159.gif
    1712672757159.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 8