• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Backpack storage for little bits and pieces

TSparger

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2020
Marietta, Georgia
What's everyone use to store all the miscellaneous small crap that you put in your comp packs. Stuff like charging cord for ear pro, extra foam tips for ear pro, batteries, etc? Would also be interested in how people keep multiple magazines stored in your packs. Having 6-8 mags spread out all over my pack gets a bit confusing and clustered sometimes.

Look at a few small pouches from FEHU Outdoors.
Owner is a member here.
Apparently can shoot ok. 🤣

Got some of his stuff and top notch kit!
Small Pelican cases are also great for stuff that cant get crushed.

Why so many mags?

Also, make a list of what you HAVE to have at a stage.
Thin it down.
I did this to my backpacking and hunting packs and for sure cut some junk out.

Look at a few small pouches from FEHU Outdoors.
Owner is a member here.
Apparently can shoot ok. 🤣

Got some of his stuff and top notch kit!
Small Pelican cases are also great for stuff that cant get crushed.

Why so many mags?

Also, make a list of what you HAVE to have at a stage.
Thin it down.
I did this to my backpacking and hunting packs and for sure cut some junk out.
I like to load several mags prior to match day so I don't have to reload them at every stage

I have several of the Mystery Ranch Zoid Cubes:

Huckberry had all three sizes on sale for almost half off, but it appears they are currently sold out.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Daka pouches are pretty awesome and fairly affordable.

Cleaning kit, torque tool, batteries, ear pro, ECI, and paster targets all in one pouch...Tactical Tailor E&E pouch.

range maintenance kit 1.jpg

Compared to a Magpul 30 rd magazine

range maintenance kit 5.jpg

I know they're not "tactical" and you will die if taken to the field. They store ammo, parts, tools, cleaning kit, etc. Once I started using them, my shooting went to shit though--

I was traveling a lot for business. I use the zippered pouches Delta used to give out when you flew overseas.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Tons of different sizes to choose from

Thats some nice kit for someone on a budget.
I try to support members businesses on the hide.
If I was just starting out and I didn't have much money these would be it.

They're on sale BOGO

I know of a true story about someone using a ziplock bag as a condom, lol.

“Hey is this mayonnaise on the outside of my sandwich?”

“Uh, yeah, yeah. Mayonnaise, had to reuse a bag sorry.”

Depends on what pack you run. I use a MR 3DAP so I attach 2 mag pouches and my leatherman sheath to the the top of the molle panel inside the pack (against the frame sheet) so they are always high up and easy access. I put another 3 mags in an AG triple mag shingle inside the pack and 2 more on my belt for 7 total mags. The 3DAP has these 2 mesh zip pockets inside and I put my fixit sticks case in one and an Otis cleaning kit in the other.