• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Bacon rabbits

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx
Hogs bave been getting thick at my ranch in South Tx so the little brother and I decided to start targeting them. Here are a few pics from the last three weekends.

The bacon rabbits! I took these little guys with my .22lr from 100-120yds using CCI Mini Mags.
BaconRabbits_zps4a28cc96.jpg

AnotherBaconRabbit_zps894abbbb.jpg

I killed this family with my brother spotting a long range. First shot was the sow at 604yd drt using 168gr Amax.
Longrangepigs_zps4425f197.jpg

These guys were taken with Ars 5.56mm. The big boar went down with a single shot to the eye using a 60gr Vmax. He weighed in at 280lb my biggest to date.
BIGBOAR_zpsfecdbe8d.jpg

ARpigfamily_zps4567506f.jpg

randomboar_zpsb6956018.jpg

RainerPigs_zps5662339e.jpg

Some of the tools.

PigCure_zpsfb7bcb90.jpg

Re: Bacon rabbits

Dang! I wanna hang at your place for a while. Cook any?

I bet those little ones taste pretty good. Could probably fit a while one into a crock pot

Very nice!,I like what you've done with the Truck!

Pig Hunt is high on my list...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hornet shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an after pic for yall.
inthepot_zps0b31e404.jpg
</div></div>

Now that's what a little piggy is suppose to look like.

Cooking them little fuckers whole is the BEST. Here's one my dog got. (Dog is about 19 lbs)

JoeyPig-4.jpg

Amen, dem little piggy taste good when rub'd down with some premium blend and slow cooked over some wild cherry! We like 'em on the half shell.

Bacon Rabbits, I love it. Cool post O.P.

Cheers,
Breeze

Here's a couple from earlier this week
IMG_20121226_131534_518_zps98c24c48.jpg

Then on the half shell
IMG_20121226_162725_036_zpscbbf5c86.jpg

And the left overs are vacuum packed for freezing (There may have been a bottle of Maker's Mark harmed in the packing of this meat!)
IMG_20121227_190827_680_zps229063e2.jpg

Thanks guys the little ones make for great eats. I pulled the back out of a rather large sow 160lb and cooked it like a roast it was delicious!