• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ishikawa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2006
Austin, TX
Yesterday was a wild success. Father and I saw this big boy come out about 550 yds away right at dusk. We quickly covered 100 yds, deployed the bipod, set up on a road that crosses the highline / right-of-way, turned on the lit reticle since the dark was creeping in and I couldn't see the black reticle against his body, ranged him at 450yds, dialed 3 Mils and sent a 168 grn SMK flying....DRT. My best (and most exciting) shot to date on a live animal.

We measured his chest at 48", which estimates to about 280 lbs. Not huge, but a very nice trophy where we hunt.

Rifle Specs: UGSW Kukri .308, 18" Barrel, NF 2.5-10x.

BOAR_100811_2.jpg

Re: BACON!!

Nice set up and shot. Sounds, and looks, like you had a great time. Congrats!

Man, that barrel looks stubby. Bet it's handy. And obviously it gets the job done.

Nice looking hog. That'll eat up real good.

Great story on the hunt as well. It's awesome when it all comes together.

Charlie

Nice hog. I had a missed opportunity this weekend at my range. Was putting up targets at the 150 and at about 2-225 there was a big sow with piglets. But wouldn't you know no rifle in hand. She had to be around 200 lbs. Oh well, next time carry the rifle to the target, or glass the field before setting targets.

Nice...
I know of a golf course down in Florida that lets my son go in and clean house. But only with a crossbow because its close to homes.Destructive little buggers If it were up to me I'd let them have the course. But I don't golf.

Where can I get one of those shirts?

Awesome shot indeed! I am the, let's say "more mature" guy in the picture and witness to this adventure. I was beside Ishi and I could not make out the black boar in the near darkness with my naked eye.

I think that the NF lighted reticle was a big help in this instance.

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

These guys can hook you up with the Snipers Hide gear: http://linestretch.com/store/page2.html Great people, and high quality shirts - These are the two reasons I buy them.

We almost got caught with our pants down. After killing this one, we had already put our guns in their bags in the back of the truck. On the way out, we ran into a small group of 80 lb'ers. I jumped out, pulled out the rifle, chambered a round, took aim and laid one out. The headlights had them all confused.... The lesson: always be ready.