• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad accident yesterday on I- 81 in Northern Virginia.

Holy shit... bet some Karen txt’n caused it.

I’m on that road often. With all the construction, plus 2 axel vehicles give no fucks for the semi’s, I’m not surprised.

Reported an 8 mile backup for over 6 hours.

Last edited:
I used to drive I 81 often. North of Roanoke its narrow, twisting, and jammed with semi's all jockeying for position especially on Sunday afternoon/evening. Ive seen solid lines of trucks a mile long. Reached the point where Id get off just north of Roanoke ant take 460/29 on north. A bit slower but far more relaxing and safer.

I’m on that road often. With all the construction, plus 2 axel vehicles give no fucks for the semi’s, I’m not surprised.

This is comedy, I can't even count the number of times a semi decided to change lanes (right to left) either on top of me or as I was approaching to the point of having to stand on my brakes (and also be run off the road) because the semi decided to literally go from the right lane to the left lane in 1 second a few feet in front of me or on me. That same semi will take fucking 10 minutes to switch slowly back into the right lane at some point but fucking damn the other way goes in 1 second no matter who or what is there.

That said I-81 is a complete shit show, I can't stand driving that road, not just because of the asshole semi drivers throwing their weight around changing lanes, but just the total number of non-driving dumb asses in all vehicles seems to gravitate to this road.

Roads are a mess every where. Teaching my 3rd kid to drive. First lesson, everyone else on the road is an asshole intent on killing you. 6th time driving two cars ahead of us slows dramatically causing truck in front of us to jam on brakes. Car does U turn in middle of road, she brakes and says ASSHOLE. I felt like she was making progress.

Man, i knew folks in Va had an accent but i couldn’t understand a single word the guy was saying.
that was a for sure bad accident. I hate driving in the rain around here. People dont even act like the road is even wet. Still running 80 or better, unless the wipers come on more than twice a minute then its 12Mph with the flashers on

• Love
Reactions: kabarNC
Roads are a mess every where. Teaching my 3rd kid to drive. First lesson, everyone else on the road is an asshole intent on killing you. 6th time driving two cars ahead of us slows dramatically causing truck in front of us to jam on brakes. Car does U turn in middle of road, she brakes and says ASSHOLE. I felt like she was making progress.

As I was teaching my boys to drive, I always told them they were invisible to other drivers as they were completely self-absorber alpha hotels. Giving the youngest the same speech and, perfect timing, I said, "The car in front of us will run the traffic light." Sure enough, the lady broadsided a pickup. He's a more cautious driver than I am.

If I recall right your chances of death on 35 are greatest South of Austin to the Mexico vs the rest of the journey north. On 35 the craziest shit happens, twice I have seen people backing up on the main lane of traffic North because they have missed the turn they wanted WTF???

Austin traffic has become a complete nightmare. I/Die 35 is so fucked up I avoid it completely. They should take away about 90% of the drivers licenses in Texas.
Agree there are a lot of shitty drivers in TX. many drive way too fast for one thing and yeah, I-35 is a shit show most of the time.

Agree there are a lot of shitty drivers in TX. many drive way too fast for one thing and yeah, I-35 is a shit show most of the time.

Fast is NOT the problem at all.

During the peaks of the lockdown, the average highway traffic was +20mph over average and the accident frequency was unchanged.

You just have tons of stupid drivers and folks who think it's all about them and will have no problem swinging into the fast lane in a construction zone and slamming on the brakes or doing the most crazy of insanely dangerous maneuvers to get 1 car length ahead. Too many also have no clue about leaving space ahead and between cars and like to ride bumpers. (You are going speed limit +20 and still have a truck riding your ass so hard all you can see is grill in your rear view mirror..... and you are trying to pull to another lane, but the other guys are speeding up to cut you off the moment you try.... fun times).

It doesn't help that in the 20 years I have been driving to my current work location, I've never been not driving through a construction zone. Usually all the roads are like constantly torn up because as soon as they finish, they get the money to tear it all up again and do the things they didn't do the last time, and repeat and repeat.

Reactions: isofahunter
Looks like we got us a convoy good buddy.

They were running like that on purpose.

Carma's a bitch.

Wow that is insane, people are to bright to drive close to 80,000 lb rigs with their little cars .Just amazing how that one car is upside up in the air between the two trucks.

Fast is NOT the problem at all.

During the peaks of the lockdown, the average highway traffic was +20mph over average and the accident frequency was unchanged.

You just have tons of stupid drivers and folks who think it's all about them and will have no problem swinging into the fast lane in a construction zone and slamming on the brakes or doing the most crazy of insanely dangerous maneuvers to get 1 car length ahead. Too many also have no clue about leaving space ahead and between cars and like to ride bumpers. (You are going speed limit +20 and still have a truck riding your ass so hard all you can see is grill in your rear view mirror..... and you are trying to pull to another lane, but the other guys are speeding up to cut you off the moment you try.... fun times).

It doesn't help that in the 20 years I have been driving to my current work location, I've never been not driving through a construction zone. Usually all the roads are like constantly torn up because as soon as they finish, they get the money to tear it all up again and do the things they didn't do the last time, and repeat and repeat.

This^^^

I used to enjoy going for a drive, it was relaxing and took my mind off other stuff. Now its more like being in a war. When I get home Im exhausted from the stress. A few years ago in that same area of I 81 I was in the left/fast lane at about 75 mph and had a guy try to pass me on the left s (gravel)houlder . I closed up so he couldnt and last I saw he was locking down his brakes to avoid a bridge abutment. Fuck him in spades, how stupid can you get.

Reactions: Snuby642