• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad news about my Brother

Kogapsp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2004
Santa Barbara
www.kogapsp.com
Update: Brother passed away yesterday. I was there by his side till the very end. When I said to him it was time to go he went peacefully. Though I am still hurt and grieving I thank you all here for your support. RIP Bro.

One thing I would not wish on anyone is that I going to lose my older brother. He went to the ER with stroke symptoms Sunday Morning and Tuesday 15 minutes before he was going to be discharged he suffers a huge stroke that now he is on life support. I had the dreaded four doctors two social workers and 1 clergy there in the conference room. I am all he has when it come to family. His entire left side of his brain is affected at the monument and brain swelling is still going on. He is on life support as we speak and I will have to make a decision in the next few days. It is tearing me up to even think about it. Need prayers and support for my Brother Robert.

Last edited:
Very sorry for you! Stay strong man and do what you think your brother would want you to whatever you think it is. Prayers are up for you and him...

Prayed for Robert and for you as well in the decisions you will be faced with also. Lost my last original family member, my younger sister, a few years back to cancer and it was tough. May He give you strength.

Man that is horrible news. I hope you find peace in your decision. I am the oldest of 4 and I would want my family around me at a difficult time like this.

Keep your head up, my grandma had almost the same thing happen. She was unable to speak, move or eat. I went to see her fully expecting it to be the last time and over the next few days she improved to being alert. She improved from there, and with months of physical therapy she is basically back to normal. I hope for the same outcome for your brother.

I am so sorry for yours and your brother's family. Strokes are silent and devastating. Do what your brother would want. I imagine that he is outside of the TPA window. The clot buster drug.... Or is it a bleed? I wish you the best and will keep you all in my prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear about your brother's situation and can only imagine how you feel right now. Know that you are capable of being there in whatever way you have to be and stay strong while you have to be. A bond with a brother is a unique and special thing.

2 Corinthians 5:6-8 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Prayers Sent

I can't imagine your predicament. But I can say your brother is blessed to have you by his side.

I'm with you man, I experienced the exact same thing with my older sister of 2 kids. The helpless feeling knowing you are watching them pass on to the afterlife. It's been a year for me, but still tough.