• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad News AT Home

hilbillee

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Franklin, NC
Back in June my mother had a light stroke, or at least that's wha the Doctors told us. She went thru therapy and we thought she was geting better. For about the last 3-4 weeks she has gradually gotten worse, not being able to stand or do anything for herself. This past Friday my brother took her to the Emergency Room at another hospital to see if they could find out what was happening. She was admitted and put thru a battery of tests. The Neurologist came in today and told my brother that she had ALS, or Lou Gerhig's Disease, and that there is no cure for it. So things are only going to get worse, but we will be prepared and make her as comfortable as possible for whatever time she has left. She is 83 yrs. old so she has had a good long life up to this point. Sorry for going on but I just had to vent.

Re: Bad News AT Home

Very sorry to hear this. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. We went through a similar situation with my MIL. Remember that it is harder on her than it is on you. Cherish the time you have left. I know that my experience with my in-laws makes me appreciate my time with my parents more.

Re: Bad News AT Home

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in June my mother had a light stroke, or at least that's wha the Doctors told us. She went thru therapy and we thought she was geting better. For about the last 3-4 weeks she has gradually gotten worse, not being able to stand or do anything for herself. This past Friday my brother took her to the Emergency Room at another hospital to see if they could find out what was happening. She was admitted and put thru a battery of tests. The Neurologist came in today and told my brother that she had ALS, or Lou Gerhig's Disease, and that there is no cure for it. So things are only going to get worse, but we will be prepared and make her as comfortable as possible for whatever time she has left. She is 83 yrs. old so she has had a good long life up to this point. Sorry for going on but I just had to vent. </div></div>

We are going through this right now with my brother-in-law. The man fought in two wars only to make it back and get this horrible disease. The ALS Association web site has a lot of helpful information. Our prayers go out to you and your family.
http://www.alsa.org/