• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad news from the Ginger family

ArmedGinger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2018
BC, Canada
So I just got word that my father's place burned down this morning. It was a rural place so there wasn't any fire fighting services even close. Lost everything he had and none of it was insured including our parachutes, all his firearms, family heirlooms, etc.

He was set to retire here in the summer. Looking for prayers for him.

Prayers forwarded for strength and guidance during the trying times.

Not that the priceless stuff can be replaced, but on the brighter side, hopefully no one was hurt.

Any idea how it started?

I'm very sorry to hear of your family's devastating fire. Thank God no 2x legged or more legged life was lost.

Rough thing to happen to anyone, timing making it even more rough. Will add you and yours to prayers.

Sorry to hear about this news. But as others have said, material items may not be fully replaceable but no person and hopefully no critter sustained serious injury.

Set up a go fund me page. I'll throw down.

I’m sorry for his losses but so thankful he’s ok. I lost my youngest daughter to a house fire last year. i’ll certainly add your dad to my pray list. Best of luck

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 308pirate
Damn dude, bad enough you have a total loss, but at this time of year? That's like a kick in the nuts. I hate paying the insurance premiums mainly cuz I know it'll get contested, but at least I'll get something.................eventually. Best wishes for a turn of luck.
Devildog....man, I can't even imagine, there isn't even words for that, you are however in my thoughts.
Here's to a great Christmas!

Reactions: Devildog
I wish to thank you all for the kind words and prayers. My father is pretty shook up at the moment. The shock is still set in.

We have contacted Emergency Services so they will provide him with vouchers for things like clothes, food, sundries, and the such. I've got him in my room for now while I'm on the couch until we figure something more. Still pretty soon to start planning things.

I just want you to know you are all a great group of people and it makes me proud to be a member here!

Set up a go fund me page. I'll throw down.

I set one up for friends and family to send money since it was easier than trying to deal with checks. I am not asking anyone to donate but if you would like to, it would make a grown man like me weep.

Knee-mail sent. Where abouts in B.C. are you/he located?

He is located exactly halfway between Quesnel and Williams Lake on the West Fraser Road. Cariboo Region.

our condolences and prayers for your uncle and family.

Thanks for the kind words all, sorry OP I didn’t mean to take attention away from your families tragedy. A house fire is a tragic event in which way more is lost then tv’s and furniture. Many things are unreplaceable.

Another great resource is the Red Cross, they were very supportive to us. We think of the Red Cross as just being involved in large scale events but they are there for the individual as well. We have teamed up with them to do three sound the alarm events were we go out and comb neighborhoods and install free smoke detectors for those who need them. So I know they are there for the victims of fires.

Please keep us posted.

For the love of God..........WHY?

To tell you the truth I have no idea why. I have content insurance for my home, not sure if it was an oversight on my father's part or what. That being said, it took my until just last year for me to even get a Last Will & Testament out of him and that was only because I forced him to do it for my Christmas present.

Reactions: 308pirate
Man that is terrible. Thoughts are with you.

As much as I absolutely hate giving the insurance man money I am wishing a bunch of it was going to your pops.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for someone who doesn't have insurance. Your father made a decision to "self insure" and given that he is sleeping in your room, clearly didn't have the means to be self insured.

Buy fucking insurance. It's financial protection for bad things that can and do happen. A grown ass adult with assets and no insurance is a fucking moron.
For a few pennies on the dollar your father would have had full replacement cost for his house, contents and it would have paid for his living expenses during the time it took to rebuild his house.

Buy fucking insurance people. Don't be a fucking moron.