• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad out of the box

John Rothenberg

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2013
East Liverpool Oh.
A few months back I saw a YouTube video claiming Tactical Rifle out of fl. Was simply the worst made rifle on the market. As I have one of there products I found this rather disturbing. My rifle appears to have all the right parts in all the right places and performs great when I do my part. Is this just BS. or might there be some truth to it.

Ok let me clarify a few things ..... No I'm NOT unhappy with my rifle I'm unhappy with some of the publicity I have seen....No I have not posted any of this before my rifle is in 6.5x47 Lapua.....Yes I have updated my info my bad for not doing that first.....Yes I did much research before investing in this rifle ...on the net...in magazines....world of mouth.......Yes I spoke to David Rooney numerous times prier to, during and after the build over aproxemetley 1 year.....No I'm NOT trying to stealth attack Tactical Rifles or anyone else in fact I have recommended them to others. *

Look I just wanted to get some information and ease my mind after a disturbing video I saw, If I asked in the rong order in an inappropriate way or after not enough posts then I'm sorry I apologize fuck me for living....Ow and no I can't spell worth Shit.

Last edited:
Are you asking if your claim that it performs great is BS? Dunno, haven't seen your rifle or group sizes and also dunno what you consider a "great" performer. I don't own one, but based on what I've seen and how the issue was handled by them, I never will. Maybe those rifles just snuck by quality control, but I doubt it. Maybe they merged with Century International Arms ;)

It's BS, and an obvious hit job and nothing but professional jealously against the industry's PREMIER gun builder.

Guys around here are taking numbers to get in line for their rifles, consider yourself lucky you've got such a laser in your arsenal.

Great first post, can't wait to see your range report and pics.

First Post: Laying groundwork to defend tr.net (possibly)

Post some pics of your rifle, pics of targets, and describe your results in greater detail. What's "great" is very subjective, and while it may be great to you, and might not live up to another guy's standards. A word to the wise....if you're new to all this (like me), then you may not want to even go there as you may walk away thinking completely different about your rifle. There are things that have been posted that guys thought were "wrong" with the rifle that I wouldn't have known any better about. Thanks to this website though, I've been educated. Proceed with caution...

A few months back I saw a YouTube video claiming Tactical Rifle out of fl. Was simply the worst made rifle on the market. As I have one of there products I found this rather disturbing. My rifle appears to have all the right parts in all the right places and performs great when I do my part. Is this just BS. or might there be some truth to it.

Hello John,

Google also performs well, when you do your part. For instance:

GoogleSearch_zpsb7597139.jpg

Sheer curiosity... how did you find Snipers Hide out in the web-o-sphere, but not the many results for things like: "www.tacticalrifles.net", or maybe "David Rooney"? And you found Snipers Hide but not any commentary on tacticalrifles.net within the site?

If you would let your location be known you might be able to get some help from someone in your area.

Welcome to the Hide.

Let's see the rifle!

I love these kinds of threads. Definitely brings out the Christmas cheer, but with a twist... "Ho ho ho" becomes "Ha ha ha!!!!"

John,

You might want to review the previous threads and then come to your own conclusions:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/223193-tacticalrifles-net-4.html
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/204701-tactical-rifles-net.html
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...fles/137906-warning-~-tr-~-my-experience.html

What is further of interest is how someone (just like you) who just joined our forum here claimed "how happy (he) is to have this (rifle) in (his) hands": http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...n-rifles/223900-tactial-rifles-308-rifle.html

So John, are you the same person as this previous thread poster? Is your name Matt or John Smith? The person named "rem700300wsm" has not provided proof of any kind regarding the quality of his rifle, good or bad.

Some members have even come forward to allege that "rem700300wsm" is a "schill" poster since we have asked several times for documentation, photos and such. Are you a "schill" poster?

We are interested to hear all about your rifle. Please share with us. We would appreciate it!

I'm new to this site as well. First let me say that I have learned a great deal from just reading everyone's posts. That being said, I would never go out and just spend $4000-8000 without even googling the company making the product. I don't know a lot, but I do know that based on what I have read I would not chose to do business with this company. There are way to many out there with good reputations.

Thanks for all the knowledge guys,

Steve

P.S.- really excited about where this one is going!!!

Beautiful first post - it was not intentional or anything......................................you sure are a stealthy S.O.B.!!

Was it this video:

Hitler Gets a Tactical Rifle - CaptionGenerator.com

Taking bets on ol John Rothenberg showing back up with pics, targets, and proof he has a functioning TR.net rifle????

I'm betting he turns up with an artillery piece thrice blessed by Charlton Heston (from beyond the grave, via Ouija board), carried by select members of 1st SFOD-D across the banks of the Tigris and Euphrates, and fires 1950's vintage Korean surplus rounds within 0.000001" of each of the 5 points of the star on the North Korean flag... clear across the DMZ in a moderately severe wind and hail storm.

I'm betting he turns up with an artillery piece thrice blessed by Charlton Heston (from beyond the grave, via Ouija board), carried by select members of 1st SFOD-D across the banks of the Tigris and Euphrates, and fires 1950's vintage Korean surplus rounds within 0.000001" of each of the 5 points of the star on the North Korean flag... clear across the DMZ in a moderately severe wind and hail storm.

Hold on there Moses. Are you insinuating that your rifle does not do that? ;-)

All joking aside - after searching the forums and reading through several threads on tacticalrifles.net, I have some questions that may possibly be answered by the wisdom and knowledge of this community.

- Why the hell do these PoS things cost so much?
- Are these "Contract Overruns" stacked in pallets in a storage shed, simply waiting for someone to sober up and grind off the "Made in China" that was stamped on a few parts?
- Are they really bedded with Bondo?
- WTF is a Rooney? It that anything like a Looney with a speech impediment (or a bad chinese accent)?
- What are the odds that John ever comes back?

/sarc

Thanks for playing!

Hold on there Moses. Are you insinuating that your rifle does not do that? ;-)

Well, perhaps in the hands of some lead slinging deity unknown to me. I was just speculating what sort of atomic laser lay in the hands of Mr Rothenberg, or at least the one that appeared to him through a mirage after a night in the desert with too much peyote. So until the ballistic Gods descend up on my gun room and make off with my (now worked over) TR rifle, and begin banging away at distant steel from atop My Olympus... until then I remain cast into the wilderness of doubt over the amazing oral diarrhea spewing from Rooney's gaping maw.

Were is the popcorn I like mine with butter. don't bother about those loose threads a little tread locker will take care of that. he he

Its pretty sad that people work their asses off, save and save to buy maybe their one and only dream rifle and they get served a POS like he puts out. If I where vendors that he used I wouldn't sell them their products.

these threads require a full cup of frosting to lick and spit everywhere. Also makes me want to shoot something and stop fucking with this interweb thing.

All joking aside - after searching the forums and reading through several threads on tacticalrifles.net, I have some questions that may possibly be answered by the wisdom and knowledge of this community.

- Why the hell do these PoS things cost so much?
- Are these "Contract Overruns" stacked in pallets in a storage shed, simply waiting for someone to sober up and grind off the "Made in China" that was stamped on a few parts?
- Are they really bedded with Bondo?
- WTF is a Rooney? It that anything like a Looney with a speech impediment (or a bad chinese accent)?
- What are the odds that John ever comes back?

/sarc

Thanks for playing!

Can we add Rooney to the urban dictionary website? Under the definition there would be "See also:Fraud" and Verb tense: Rooneyed. EG- You got Rooneyed on that deal my friend

Its pretty sad that people work their asses off, save and save to buy maybe their one and only dream rifle and they get served a POS like he puts out. If I where vendors that he used I wouldn't sell them their products.

Yep, I remember a few yrs ago a coworker of mine came up to me to show off his new "sniper rifle" from tactical rifles. He knows I'm into long range stuff, so he pulls out this cell phone pic of his new rifle. It is a 308 with a friggin huge, almost straight taper, barrel sitting in an AI 2.0. It's got a giant brake on the end of it with like 4 ports. He goes on to tell me it's their "paratrooper model" they make them for snipers that jump out of helis.... I kept a straight face as he continued on. It came configured with a 4-14 mark four in these ridiculously tall rings. He is really nice guy so I of course congratulated him on the purchase, but I felt so bad for him when he told me he dropped like 6k on that rig. He got Rooney'd

Last edited:
Very helpful Silent Matt I was wondering if the bad publicity was BS as for my performance with 250 rounds down range @ 100 yd I'm averageing .40 for 4. Shot groups with a few @ .25 an order of magnitude better then I have ever shot. Unfortunately I didn't know about SH at the time of perches or I might have done some things differently.

Dude I drive a truck and will home on 19 Jan take all the bets you want on 20 Jan. You will be a loser.

Rothenberg,

It seems are all of your doubts are now suddenly lifted. Good for you. Since you were relying on the opinions posted I can only wonder how you have gone from a state of curiosity to cocksure certainty. Which makes perfect sense given what you see.

When you and your rifle are ready for exhibition, a month hence, please let us know.

If, by some chance, you actually are a hapless TR customer please do not make any sort of wager. If you have read the threads provided to you you will already understand who I am and where I'm coming from. Just come forward with the rifle as has been asked above.

Next time protect yourself and ask these questions BEFORE you buy something. Not really sure what you were looking to find, but as stated all you needed to do was look. If you really were looking to get feed back I would think you would be angry at TR for all the Sh$t they have done to others (that have caused these strong reactions) and that you may one day have to deal with this bad service yourself. It seems that the answer to your question is that it is not BS and they are as bad as the video states.