• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad Rifles - Correction

don447

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
Fort Worth, Texas
In April of 2018, I joined this web site for one reason - to say some bad things about a rifle builder and company. At the time, I let a disagreement allow my emotions to take control. The facts are simple and embarrassing, for me. I did order a rifle from Tactical Rifles in Florida. I did not mention the name of the company or the owner in my first posting. I did use enough of my email address as my screen name so that TR would figure it out. The rifle that I received was indeed exactly what I ordered, I simply did not know enough about precision rifles to know what I was asking for or understand what may or may not have been wrong with the rifle. So I sent the rifle back and TR worked on it and sent it to me. Because it was a match chamber and I didn't really understand head spacing versus chambering I didn't realize it was a good rifle. So what I did was make an initial very disparaging post about Tactical Rifles without mentioning their name initially. Someone responded that knew who I was talking about and asked if it was Tactical Rifles and it's owner, Mr. David Rooney. I admitted it was and then fell into further postings with others that may or may not have a disagreement with TR. I don't know as that is not my fight nor my business. It was a gutless and dishonorable thing that I did by using this forum to vent and make bad statements about people and companies. Against everything I was taught and believed in from my previous military occupation. Dishonorable and just plain stupid. This rifle in question is a fine rifle once I made an attempt to understand what David Rooney told me instead of taking it as insult as I did previously. Why am I typing this statemen? Before you ask, no Tactical Rifles did not ask me to do this. My health is deteriorating rapidly, I can no longer shoot. But what I can do after feeling like the piece of crap I was since April of 2018 when I opened this Pandora's Box is try do the right thing after doing the dishonorable and gutless thing previously. Disregard everything I previously said in the thread, Bad Rifles. I was pissed off beyond recognition and I wanted to be a word that I can't use on this forum. And that's just what I did, insult a company, a man - David Rooney, the rifle builder that built BOTH my Tactical Rifles and the company in general. I cannot speak to others personal experiences or disagreements with Tactical Rifles nor will I. In fact, I will never post anything again because I hate what I did. I would say this, judge Tactical Rifles yourself not by something I said. I am simply trying to right a wrong with this statement.

Either that, or this is the prologue to the next "Taken" movie. Anyone know where Liam Nieson is?

Props to you for being a man of honor and trying to set the record straight so that you didn't feel like you had anything on your conscience.

What I don't understand is from your report back from Alamo Rifles after they fixed your gun. You said...

I just got a report back from a real rifle builder on the extent of the problems and out and out theft and fraud by Tactical Rifles on the so-called precision rifle they built me. Charged $400 labor to blueprint rem 700 action, it was never blueprinted. It stock. Barrel crooked in the stock barrel channel, must be rebedded. Lead in to barrel so screwed up that barrel must be cut and set back. Bolt was improperly fitted. Threads on barrel bad. Cannot determine if I really have the Krieger barrel that I paid for. Likely I do not. This is a case of theft and fraud. And I believe I need to do something about it.

Seems to me that you had a pretty clear cut reason to be mad.

Don't apologize to them

There is a reason they are off the radar and play word games, fuck that guy, he deserves every ounce of bad press he gets.

He has no business, being in the gun business and need to go away, permanently.

I will say this, if one more Marine posts in the private facebook group about Rooney disparaging me or my service again like he does whenever my name comes up, he will face me in court once again, and this time it will cost him more than his business. He's a scumbag of a human being.

Im convinced.

Off to buy a couple M40-66's now - exact copies of a USMC M40 - closest you can get to issued.

• Haha
Reactions: Stevo86
Props to you for being a man of honor and trying to set the record straight so that you didn't feel like you had anything on your conscience.

What I don't understand is from your report back from Alamo Rifles after they fixed your gun. You said...

Seems to me that you had a pretty clear cut reason to be mad.

I'm with you... this makes zero sense.

OP claims it was messed up, sends it to a well respected smith. Smith confirms it wasn't done correctly... now fixes it... and you should apologize?

I... wait...ummm... wtf?

I just got a report back from a real rifle builder on the extent of the problems and out and out theft and fraud by Tactical Rifles on the so-called precision rifle they built me. Charged $400 labor to blueprint rem 700 action, it was never blueprinted. It stock. Barrel crooked in the stock barrel channel, must be rebedded. Lead in to barrel so screwed up that barrel must be cut and set back. Bolt was improperly fitted. Threads on barrel bad. Cannot determine if I really have the Krieger barrel that I paid for. Likely I do not. This is a case of theft and fraud. And I believe I need to do something about it.

I'm with you... this makes zero sense.

OP claims it was messed up, sends it to a well respected smith. Smith confirms it wasn't done correctly... now fixes it... and you should apologize?

I... wait...ummm... wtf?

The top quote being from the original thread, I tend to agree with you , sounds like there is more to this story. if another 'smith looked at the crappy build and concurred it was shitty.

Looks to me that a lawyer made the OP cave in. Lawyer - If you make a public apology we won't sue your ass off. Well and those $500 a month Lawyer bills on the OP's end are hard to swallow anyway.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Don, thank you for your service Sir, and I hope you can find some relief from your serious war wounds and related health issues. I'm sure you didn't need the added stress of a lawyer threatening you, if that is what caused the post at top.

Best Regards.

Reactions: Centuriator
Hey TR. go fuk.

1572084523035.png

Standby for.......

"To Hide members from @Bender ........."

"I really didnt me that TR should actually Fuk himself even if doing so was a physical possibility. What I meant was......."

I would keep asking about their local pigeons. Interrupting him mid sentence, while breathing heavy through my nose.

“Yeah?? *heavy breathing sounds* you have grey ones? *heavy breathing* ooh yah... describe them to me...”

this only gets better the more he doesnt respond

he hasn't been online since he made the post

this only gets better the more he doesnt respond

he hasn't been online since he made the post

Oh, I have no doubt this was forced. I think Don447 should send whoever is demanding his redaction a sandpaper dildo.

Good for you, OP. It's wonderful to be able to admit you fucked up, but did you really? If your health is deteriorating and you are unable to shoot, how do you know the rifle is good to go?

Furthermore, this Tactical Rifles joint produces shit boxes, there's no question about it. We have/had some video evidence from one of the builders here who knows what the fuck he's doing. He videoed the errors made by a TR-built rifle as he was going through and repairing them. I am the furthest thing from a gunsmith and/or machinist and I could see how bad some of this particular build was.

This statement in your OP gives me pause: "This rifle in question is a fine rifle once I made an attempt to understand what David Rooney told me instead of taking it as insult as I did previously."

By no means am I calling you a liar or saying you're full of shit, but I'm just curious what your "gauge" was to be able to determine how this rifle went from shitty to awesome? Tell me that is was not just from a conversation with the guy who's a known shitbird.

OP I'm still getting caught up on the back story behind the situation so I don't have much commentary to add.

However, I do wish you an improved bill of health and maybe a trip back to the range. I'm sorry this stress has fallen upon you in such a physically hard time.

Frank called this correctly in post #16.

Given the info posted by the OP in the other thread, “Bad Rifles” no other explanation makes sense.

That said, “Bad Rifles” would a fitting name for that outfit.

Reactions: JGottschall
@don447 - Think you could come through and answer some of the follow up questions?