• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bad Rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.

don447

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2018
Fort Worth, Texas
I am new to this forum and to bench rest shooting with bolt guns as well. I am a severely disabled combat veteran from the special operations community. There is very bad company in Florida that cheats people out of thousands of dollars by building them rifle that is so screwed up the poor customer has to spend up to $1,000 or more to correct and repair the rifle to get it to what the paid $4,300 to be. Won't mention any names because a few years back a Sniper's Hide member experienced this same problem. He posted his story and a video of another trustworthy gunsmith filming all the mistakes and problems from the factory that had to be corrected or redone completely. Within just a few days of posting the story & video, the owner of the company that built such a bad rifle sued the gunsmith in the video & Sniper's Hide for defamation. He lost his frivolous lawsuit.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I was another person that had the same experience with this company that original Hide member had. $4,000 later and long story short, my rifle is with good, honest riflesmith that will essentially have to rebuild about half the rifle. This will cost at least $1,200 possibly even more on top of the $4,000 I paid to get this piece of crap rifle.

Thank you for your service! That’s too bad about the gunsmith especially if it’s your first custom rifle. It’s hard enough to make the jump into custom rifles without having a bad experience with a smith. I have been a hide reader for a long time, and, there are a lot of very talented smiths on these forums with lots of reviews. If you decide to do another build you will find all the information you could want on top level smiths on here.

Reactions: Jeffd
I guess I was naive or just stupid. I read about this company in the American Rifleman so I figured if it's in American Rifleman the company must be honest and make good products, right? Man was that ever wrong. I find it particular sorry that someone would intentionally cheat and take advantage of a disabled vet that took a few rounds for this country. I live on a VA disability pension that is not a lot of money. It was very difficult and took a long time to save $4,000 for this rifle. It was supposed to be a special and sentimental gift to myself for surviving when I almost & was supposed to die. And as a reminderof the guys I lost in a very bad situation.

I think most people on here know exactly who you're talking about and it seems par for the course.
I figured that some of the long time members would be able to pick up on the hint and know who I was talking about. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that everything that the posts back in 2014 said about the sorry work and terrible customer service and the video is 100% true and correct. Because I've seen the horrible excuse for a custom build with my on eyes and wallet. And just like the member said of his experience with this con man 2014, when I spoke to him about the numerous problems he tried his S.O.P. in berating me, trying to insinuate that I was a moron and complete idiot. And he tries to turn the thing around to make out like he's the one that was cheated & screwed over.

Reactions: LG65CM
Unfortunately, I was another person that had the same experience with this company that original Hide member had. $4,000 later and long story short, my rifle is with good, honest riflesmith that will essentially have to rebuild about half the rifle. This will cost at least $1,200 possibly even more on top of the $4,000 I paid to get this piece of crap rifle.
I'm glad you are getting your issues handled.
I'm sure there are gunsmiths on this site that would be happy to correct these issues.

R

Reactions: don447
The youtube video showing all the work that needed to be done is hard to watch. Did they use handtools and playdough?

Stop being a pussy and post the name. If he’s really that bad everyone should know who it is without haveing to jump through hoops. Sorry you got fucked but if you don’t want anyone else to get raped by this guy you should just post the name of the business.

Reactions: Bulldog10
Stop being a pussy and post the name. If he’s really that bad everyone should know who it is without haveing to jump through hoops. Sorry you got fucked but if you don’t want anyone else to get raped by this guy you should just post the name of the business.

It was already posted above...

Looks like you joined about a year ago, had you been on the boards about 3 years ago, you would have a really good idea of all the crazy stuff that went down, including trying to sue sites where people posted negative experiences.

Looks like you joined about a year ago, had you been on the boards about 3 years ago, you would have a really good idea of all the crazy stuff that went down, including trying to sue sites where people posted negative experiences.

You’re correct, I “joined” meaning created a login... you have no idea how long I’ve been sneaking around reading.

As for the company, I know the whole story behind tactical rifles... just curious why the OP would bring up an old known issue then not have the balls to say the name of the company. He sued for defamation and lost. Blast him on every platform available so he doesn’t ruin anyone else’s rifles and take money for shit work. The more people who leave negative reviews the higher likelihood he will go out of business and not be able to fuck anyone in the future.

Reactions: alfmoonspace
Anyone mind telling me who this is so i can avoid and tell other people i know in person to stay clear?
I would tell you the name of the company and the name of the prick con man that owns the ripoff company. But in 2014 he sued Snipers Hide and gunsmith after a video was posted right here showing just exactly how badly the customer was screwed with a brand new straight of the box "custom rifle". He lost the frivolous lawsuit by the way. But I will tell you exactly how to find the YouTube video. Open YouTube. Type in exactly the following in the search bar, Rifle Bad right out of the box. The very 1st video is the correct one. And the title of the video tells you the name of the company. Watch the entire 11 minute video and you will get a good idea of some the exact same problems that the rifle I was stupid enough to buy from them has and why it is now at a real precision rifle builder having another $1200 in repairs and rebarreling on top of the $4,300 I paid for the rifle. By the way, the barrel that I have to throw in dumpster has just 5 rounds through it that claim they shot in test firing it. I haven't shot it yet because it is unusable and unsafe. A $500 parts and labor Krieger barrel trashed by a chamber cut and reamed not straight and true.

Tactical Rifles is the company. And I'm not a pussy. I've got a silver star and 2 purple hearts for not being a pussy. I just did not want Sniper's Hide involved in another lawsuit from this prick. So no I'm not a pussy, just a disabled vet that has to use a walker or wheelchair to get around but I still try to go to the range. I wanted to try to give other potential victims enough information to figure it out without causing another round of trouble for Sniper's Hide.

So, there it is the name of the company, TacticalRifles.net. See above reply to hic28. I did not know about this forum until a few weeks ago. So I did not know anything about the negative posts and video about the company or the lawsuit from 2012. I wish I had before I bought a rifle and had a bad experience. So, I had hoped that my posts would give a reader enough information to figure it out without causing more trouble from an old problem for Sniper's Hide. As I wish I'd of known about it prior to buying. So I thought I was trying to be a good guy to help people out and keep Sniper's Hide clear of problems. A man shouldn't call another man a pussy unless he's walked in that man's shoes. What I am is an old disabled vet that took 2 rounds and a proximity blast from an RPG a lifetime ago. So I guess people that want to call me names can call me a cripple b/c I can't use my left leg anymore and I only have partial use of left arm. I use a walker or sometimes a wheelchair when the pain is too much. But I am still trying to shoot and go to the range b/c I don't want to be a pussy in a wheelchair that just gives up.

Maybe I was wrong but I thought this forum was so guys could share ideas, tips and names of gunsmiths, good equipment, new loads to try or whatever. I didn't know you can get insulted by someone unless you asked for it by being an assholes. I guess I was wrong

Ahh don't be such a pussy, haha..Thank you for your service sir. Red Jacket was once featured on TV, look where they're at.

My question is with all the info that's out there, how did you not know?
Because I was stupid and didn't do any further research other than American Rifleman. I was in a rehab nursing home in 2014. My friend brought me my copy of American Rifleman to the nursing home. There was a nice 2 1/2 page article with photos in the edition about a rifle that was built by the Florida company. I was naive enough and stupid enough to think, well it's got to be good gun and a good company if it's in the NRA's own American Rifleman, right? Well that was obviously the wrong idea. So to answer your question, yes I was naive and just plain stupid.

Reactions: LG65CM
Maybe I was wrong but I thought this forum was so guys could share ideas, tips and names of gunsmiths, good equipment, new loads to try or whatever. I didn't know you can get insulted by someone unless you asked for it by being an assholes. I guess I was wrong[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your bad experience with the company. That truly sucks that you got taken. I actually looked them up until I read about them.

Don't let that guy bother you above. He's obviously a troll with a bad attitude. Hopefully your rifle will be perfect after it gets fixed.

Tactical Rifles is the company. And I'm not a pussy. I've got a silver star and 2 purple hearts for not being a pussy. I just did not want Sniper's Hide involved in another lawsuit from this prick. So no I'm not a pussy, just a disabled vet that has to use a walker or wheelchair to get around but I still try to go to the range. I wanted to try to give other potential victims enough information to figure it out without causing another round of trouble for Sniper's Hide.

Thanks for your service. If you can take a bullet, I’m sure a little harsh language won’t phase you... but seriously, we need to stop dancing around trying not to offend. Tactical rifles sucks sweaty assholes and deserves to be named and flushed out as a shitbag company. Yes he sued for defamation and it was thrown out, doubt he would waste more attorney fees for a few bad yelp reviews on the hide

Maybe I was wrong but I thought this forum was so guys could share ideas, tips and names of gunsmiths, good equipment, new loads to try or whatever. I didn't know you can get insulted by someone unless you asked for it by being an assholes. I guess I was wrong
YOu are not wrong, as with any Forum there are those that are more opinionated than others and the Hide is HUGE so please take that into consideration. I personally appreciate your candor and will ensure I watch the video and pass along what I see to those I interact with frequently. Thank you for your service and you continued dedication to the shooting community.

YOu are not wrong, as with any Forum there are those that are more opinionated than others and the Hide is HUGE so please take that into consideration. I personally appreciate your candor and will ensure I watch the video and pass along what I see to those I interact with frequently. Thank you for your service and you continued dedication to the shooting community.

Thank you sir

Thanks for your service. If you can take a bullet, I’m sure a little harsh language won’t phase you... but seriously, we need to stop dancing around trying not to offend. Tactical rifles sucks sweaty assholes and deserves to be named and flushed out as a shitbag company. Yes he sued for defamation and it was thrown out, doubt he would waste more attorney fees for a few bad yelp reviews on the hide

Agreed. I personally don't give a damn what Tactical says or thinks about me. I just didn't want to be the guy that got the Hide sued again. As for Tactical, apparently they've built a few good rifle probably by accident. But there are sure a lot of bad reviews with photos to prove it, of people that came before me that I got screwed just l like me. In my case, I was stupid enough to believe American Rifleman would never write an article about a con man and a FUBAR rifle so it must be good. That was before I knew that gunmaker pay the magazine to write about them. At least the for-profit magazines do, that I knew about. Didn't know the NRA's magazine did. So I've learned the hard way to do enough research since its out there and free. I honestly think I may have wasted better guys than this con man is.

don447, you had already gave your bonafides in your first post so you don't owe anything to anyone on this forum. Some people expect that every rifleman knows about Sniper's Hide and we know that's not true at all probably because you were out doing it for a profession.

You are not the only guy to get taken by TR but it sucks every time I hear about it. I am glad that you are able to get past this. If you spend some time around SH you will learn about reputable gunsmiths that would enjoy building a rifle for someone like you. I too am a Vet so I get it. You don't like to get taken for that hard earned deployment money and now VA money. When someone stoops so low as to con Vets that is about as low as it gets.

Last edited:
TR.net keeps an attorney busy with all the times he gets sued or when people actually want the deal they payed for and didn't get it. It's a damn shame that he's still in business.

In any case, welcome to the Hide and good for you for keeping in the game the best way that you can. Where are you located?

don447, you had already gave your bonafides in your first post so you don't owe anything to anyone on this forum. Some people expect that every rifleman knows about Sniper's Hide and we know that's not true at all probably because you were out doing it for a profession.

You are not the only guy to get taken by TR but it sucks every time I hear about it. I am glad that you are able to get past this. If you spend some time around SH you will learn about reputable gunsmiths that would enjoy building a rifle for someone like you. I too am a Vet so I get it. You don't like to get taken for that hard earned deployment money and now VA money. When someone stoops so low as to con Vets that is about as low as it gets.

Yes I also think it's one of the lowest things to do in cheating a vet disabled or not. My dad was one of the young Marines that was spit on in the Oakland Airport coming back from his 1st tour in Viet Nam. So I am really sensitive about anyone doing something sorry to an active duty soldier or a vet. We had to put up with enough crap already and don't need more.

Reactions: Milf Dots

I agree. It takes real scumbag to knowingly & intentionally cheat vet disabled or not. My dad was one of the young Marines that was spit on in the Oakland Airport coming back from his 1st tour in Viet Nam. So I am really sensitive about anyone doing something sorry to an active duty soldier or a vet.

But they say they are so good. Their own video proves it. :Rolleyes:

Sorry you got taken by these guys. If karma is real, she's a real bitch and he will get his.

Reactions: Jeffd and don447
TR.net keeps an attorney busy with all the times he gets sued or when people actually want the deal they payed for and didn't get it. It's a damn shame that he's still in business.

In any case, welcome to the Hide and good for you for keeping in the game the best way that you can. Where are you located?

Deep in Texas

How has no one beat the shit out of the owner of TR? I mean, if the legal system isn't working, why hasn't he taken a few haymakers to the face?

But, but, but..."Tactical Rifles® (Tactical Rifles.net), with nearly 20 years of experience in building the World’s Most Accurate Precision Rifles, has refined the craft of the custom tactical and sniper rifle to an art form. Hand crafting the most accurate rifle in the world takes time, patience, and old-fashioned attention to detail. Each rifle is individually and meticulously hand machined to exact tolerances using time-tested, old-school gunsmithing techniques that yield 1/4-1/2MOA precision. Other methodology does not exist in modern factories. No expense is spared in quality materials and no corners are cut in precision manufacturing techniques - no matter how time consuming or laborious they are to us - ridiculous precision and your satisfaction are our primary aims." their website says they are the shit though. lol

Reactions: Jeffd and Bender
But, but, but..."Tactical Rifles® (Tactical Rifles.net), with nearly 20 years of experience in building the World’s Most Accurate Precision Rifles, has refined the craft of the custom tactical and sniper rifle to an art form. Hand crafting the most accurate rifle in the world takes time, patience, and old-fashioned attention to detail. Each rifle is individually and meticulously hand machined to exact tolerances using time-tested, old-school gunsmithing techniques that yield 1/4-1/2MOA precision. Other methodology does not exist in modern factories. No expense is spared in quality materials and no corners are cut in precision manufacturing techniques - no matter how time consuming or laborious they are to us - ridiculous precision and your satisfaction are our primary aims." their website says they are the shit though. lol

Okay, everyone knows where not to have a rifle built. So it's old news to all of y'all that already knew about the company. Any reader that didn't know hopefully does now. Let's move on to something new. Has anybody tried the new Federal Gold Medal Berger 73 grain in .223? I just bought a few boxes after doing my research this time! I have both a heavy barrel match grade .223 bolt gun and a super nice match grade AR with a heavy Walther barrel. I ran through both rifles. To be fair both of these rifles have had work and money poured into them. They were pretty much 1-hole at 100 guns already. Well the bolt gun was for sure. The AR was probably 1/4 MOA with the regular 77 grain Gold Medal. Thus new Berger ammunition is everything Federal says it is. For just me personally, the Berger is the tightest shooting factory .223 I have ever shot. I am 7.62X51 guy all the way. I have 3 7.62X51 chambered rifles, and one .308 chamber. Eight .30's altogether. Every chance I had when going out on an op I grabbed a 7.62X51 from the arms room. And we all know how great a .308 oir 7.62X51 military rifle shoots. But if you have .223 bolt gun or a really good AR grab a box of the Gold Medal Berger and you will be impressed. It's expensive stuff though so I wouldn't waste it through a standard plain barrel AR.

I will say that in the 223 category of ammunition, that is not as well thought of, is the Norma 77 Grain bullet series of ammunition. It shoots great and it leaves you with good brass to reload with. I have had some great. Out of a 20" Remington Action 223 Bolt rifle here are the numbers with a Magnetospeed:

77gr Norma -09/03/17/Temp 80deg/Baro 30.00"/Humidity 45%
Speed:
2803 ft/s
2800 ft/s
2786 ft/s
2783 ft/s
2801 ft/s
2792 ft/s
2798 ft/s
2804 ft/s
2770 ft/s
2797 ft/s
Min - 2770 Max2804
Avg - 2793
S-D - 10.8
ES 34

Pretty good numbers and the SD of close to 10.

Last edited:
That's because you had a twenty foot barrel...;) JK

I will pick some of that up, as I am a fan of Norma brass based on my current experience with their .260 brass. Where are you getting it?

A flick of the edit button changes all...20" - typing skills a little on the weak side. :sleep:

That's because you had a twenty foot barrel...;) JK

I will pick some of that up, as I am a fan of Norma brass based on my current experience with their .260 brass. Where are you getting it?

I buy the 55 for my 9 twist barrel but cabelas puts it on sale frequently for the same 6.99 that they sell the American Eagle stuff for. The Norma is the only factory ammo that shoots well for me so far. It’s crimped primer but that shouldn’t be any big deal. The 77 is more expensive though, normal match ammo prices but I think I’ve seen it on sale too, just not 7 bucks cheap.

I will say that in the 223 category of ammunition, that is not as well thought of, is the Norma 77 Grain bullet series of ammunition. It shoots great and it leaves you with good brass to reload with. I have had some great. Out of a 20" Remington Action 223 Bolt rifle here are the numbers with a Magnetospeed:

77gr Norma -09/03/17/Temp 80deg/Baro 30.00"/Humidity 45%
Speed:
2803 ft/s
2800 ft/s
2786 ft/s
2783 ft/s
2801 ft/s
2792 ft/s
2798 ft/s
2804 ft/s
2770 ft/s
2797 ft/s
Min - 2770 Max2804
Avg - 2793
S-D - 10.8
ES 34

Pretty good numbers and the SD of close to 10.

Thanks for the excellent data. I'm not currently set-up to reload for rifle. I hope to be able to buy the equipment in the near future. But I'm living on a military disability pension which is not a lot of money. It took me about 11 months to save the $4300 for the "custom" (my ass) precision 6.5CM rifle that I got cheated with. And am looking at anywhere from $800-$1100 for a real riflesmith to correct it so I can shoot it. I currently do some reloading for pistol on a Dillon press. I reload for .45ACP, .38 Super, and .38 Special 158 grain SWC. I don't have a single-stage press or any dies for rifle. I had planned to buy everything I needed and get set-up this month actually. But that was before the bad news about the Bad Rifle. When I am finally able to get the equipment, I will start loading for 6.5CM, and .223. I have got so much factory .308 Match it's running out of my ears. When I medically retired some buddies on the USAF rifle team gave me what seems like a decades' worth of .308 Match in 168 & 175 grain. Plus a case each of the old Lake City National Match .30-06 & .308 173 grain in the old white boxes with American Eagle on the box made in 1968. I was originally planning on buying a Forster coaxial press. But because of the unplanned and shouldn't have ever happened expense of the rifle correction expenses I will have to scale back and just get the old standby RCBS Rock Chucker press. But millions of accurate rounds have been loaded on those presses. I am going to save and print your information for .223 loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.