• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger action in an AX chassis

sr15match

Lost........
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Wellsville, NY
I posted this in another section and thought it might better be here, here it is again.

Is there any issues with fitting the Badger action in an AX chassis?

I am sure someone has done it someplace here.

Information, links or pictures would be handy.

Re: Badger action in an AX chassis

The stock would need a far bit of work to make it fit the badger. The action is longer than a 700 so the handguard would need to be modified and then a filler block made to fill in the gap.

I'm sure it can be done but cost wise you would be close to a AX rifle by the time you were done.

I was sort of figuring it wouldn't be as easy as I wanted or like fitting one in an AICS do to the changes with the AX.

I have a chassis on its way to the house and wanted to make the build a little different than the typical builds that are already out there. Hmmmm. More to think about I guess.

I talked to the boys at badger and they said they had never done one. They said it would be hard and no guarantee on the looks of the outcome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">X Ring are you sure you are talking about the AX chassis and not the AICS? </div></div>
OOPS, it was an AICS
whistle.gif