• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger EFR Installation and pulsar krypton

Hathaway98

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2014
Hi guys, for some reason I didn’t have gunsmithing as an option to post this in, so I apologize for it being in the wrong place. Anyway, I’m installing a badger EFR in a McMillan A5. The badger instructions just state to keep it a 1/4” or more from the end of the stock, nothing more. The scope on this rig is dedicated, so I want to set the efr up to accommodate. The scope(Khales k312) sets about as far back as it can, not a lot of eye relief. The clip on unit I’m anticipating using is the pulsar fxq krypton. Not a lot of info on it yet, but it looks like the rail mount adapter doesn’t have a ton of leeway or distance to stretch. I have never used any clip on, so don’t really know what to expect. It’s gonna be a bit before I can afford the krypton, but I want to get this EFR mounted and get the rifle back together.(barrel is getting cut down as well currently) perhaps this would have been better place in the night vision section. Just looking for some good solid info on EFR placement/distance to optic objective with pulsar krypton rail mount in mind.
Thanks

I'm in kind of the same boat with a Manners T2a. Every EFR I've seen has been installed at the end of the stock. If I point the rail towards the back, there's only about a 4" gap to the objective of my NX8, so I'm thinking it will work.

Ya, mine isn’t even quite that far. It’s not a huge gap, about 2-2.5”, with the rail backwards. But I would really hate to Devon the EFR in, and then have a $5,500 unit that was incompatible. Just a lot of $$, and question marks…. The only pictures I’ve seen of the rail mount are on optics planet, in which they have the mount very close to the optic objective, like .5”. Also with a clip on, wouldn’t you get a better picture/fov the closer to the “camera screen” your optic is?

So according to the information I’ve found, the common consensus is that the closer the better for the clip on device. I mounted my EFR so that the rail going rearward towards the scope has about a .8” gap.(end of rail to scope objective) Just thought I’d post for anyone else looking for this info.