• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger EFR on a B&C Light Tactical?

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Does anyone know if you can install a Badger Ordinance EFR on a B&C Light Tactical stock?

I may need a way to install a PVS-22 on my rifle and I would rather not go the LaRue STOMP route if I don't have to.

Re: Badger EFR on a B&C Light Tactical?

If your stocks forearm has enough room to mill down .750" deep from the top of the stock, 1.650" wide and 3.00" long it'll work. You can go as far forward as you like as long as you leave at least .250" between the end of the EFR and the end of the forearm.

Thanks. Going to need to bust out the caliper and see.

The McCann rail is the only other option I see if this won't work, and I am just not hot on having to move my cheek weld up that high.

Mr. Roscoe, can your company install these in A5 stocks? I am going to PM you. Thanks!

LoneWolf,

I would highly encourage you to stay away from the McCann rail. They are having issues across the country and McCann is about as helpful as an anvil tied around your neck. Additionally, the McCann MIRS will cost more than your stock.

If you are serious about the UNS/MUNS, put it in an EFR type mount. If your stock can't handle it, get another stock. In fact, even if it goes into your current stock, I would do some serious research about whether it will stay put after the install. The way those stocks are filled may affect the way you can anchor the EFR. You will probably be milling completely through the aluminum frame built into the stock. For sure, make use of the front bipod stud to anchor the bottom of the EFR.

You don't want to go to the expense of installing an EFR and then having it shoot loose after mounting the extra weight of a UNS/MUNS.

Terry is absolutely right. I would call B&C to make sure does not void warrenty if that matters to you. That stock has a very light fill in it and if you remove that much material it could weaken it considerably.

Thanks for the words of caution.

I have already spoken with B&C and they are in the process of seeing if they can get a program setup to install it.

I am also considering calling McMillan and seeing if the EFR will fit in the A1-3. If so I might just call them and see if I can send the EFR to them for installation.