• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger FTE brake...Do they work well?

GunjunkieM24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
Monahans Tx
Looking for some feedback on the Badger FTE brake....

I have used several of Hollands muzzle brakes on my Magnums but was thinking of trying one of the Badgers....Are they pretty effective? The Holland has served me pretty well but I am building a new rifle and my son thinks the Badger looks pretty slick....just want to make sure they are effective before shelling out 150 buck....

Re: Badger FTE brake...Do they work well?

I just had my Remington 700, 300 winmag fitted for this brake and was able to shoot it this weekend. The brake reduced my recoil to a little less than my Remington 700, 308.

It's a lot easier to stay on target, call shots and shoot follow ups.

Worth every penny.

Did you find much of an increase in noise levels at the shooter?
I'm waiting to have my FTE installed at the moment... It's only .308 but on a 20"

Firemarshall, your rifle is the epitome of bad-arse brother

There was an increase in noise from the driver's seat, however it was not earth shattering. I just use plugs and I was comfortable the whole time.

I did get to meet another Sheriff's Deputy though. I usually shoot a 100 yard target from the porch of my weekend house without any problems. The blast that used to be directed down range is now also directed 90 degrees to the left and right of downrange. I believe that this caused some concern with my closest neighbor as he thought I was sending rounds over his house (90 degrees to my right and about 800 yards away).

After the Sheriff looked at my target down range he determined that I was safely shooting and went on his merry way.

I then went down to the neighbor's house and smoothed things over and explained my new setup. All ended up being okay.

I have one on my 6.5 creedmoor. I was sold when I shot T.Burkes 243 with an FTE break. My 6.5 is like shooting a 22 when it comes to recoil. The noise... I know it sucks to shoot next to one as far as being behind the rifle I don't see much difference.

I just put one on my .308. Made a huge difference! Recoil in my opinion is now essentially zero....made recoil a complete non factor. Makes shooting much more fun, which is what it's all about for me. As far as noise...if you are wearing proper hearing protection then what does it matter? Buy one, I'm very happy with my FTE, they don't just look cool, they really do work well.

Your barrel must be threaded.... The clamp just holds it in place when you get it lined up where you want it (first baffle flush with barrel and "Front Towards Enemy" text right side up!)

Screwing out the FTE brake alittle and making it canted slightly to the left should improve it's performance, this little trick works great on my Tubb Brake.

Intersting cobra, I have my holland tilted slightly to the right to keep everything tracking straight back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does the FTE thread on, or does it clamp on, I can not tell..</div></div>

Nick, this is what the barrel looks like without the brake.

15s3qfr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screwing out the FTE brake alittle and making it canted slightly to the left should improve it's performance, this little trick works great on my Tubb Brake. </div></div>

I understand what you're saying here but do you have a picture? I like pictures
wink.gif
haha.
You're not concerned with any uneven barrel torque / flip issues in the long term with this setup bro??

Thanks for all the comments fellas.

I have one ordered and will thread my barel when it gets here.

Very happy with mine on my 300 win mag

Shot a buddy's .300 WM with one on it and it's amazing. It's loud, but I would say it recoils less than my .308 now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MGJTpZ-OSI </div></div>

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but this is a pretty sick set-up right here!