• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger FTE timing...

dtibbals

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Forney, TX
I have a new GAP rifle that I had ship with a Badger FTE. I also shoot this rifle suppressed when I can. I honestly don't recall if when I got the rifle new from GAP if the break timed out against the shoulder or not. However when I have reinstalled it when against the shoulder the break has to be timed a 1/2 turn off the shoulder exactly to be properly timed. Is this OK? I figure it would be, there is just a minimal gap between the barrel shoulder and the FTE, exactly one half turn. Once you tighten down the bolt it is rock solid. Your guys thoughts and is there a way to have it sit on the shoulder but be timed correctly?

Thanks,
David

Screw it on all the way, then back it off until it is level. Next, tighten the cross bolt so the brake will no longer turn. It is very easy to level since the top of the brake is a flat surface.

Last edited:
Screw it on all the way, then back it off until it is level. Next, tighten the cross bolt so the brake will no longer turn. It is very easy to level since the top of the brake is a flat surface.

LOL well this I know...and it is what I am doing however I wasn't sure if it had to be up against the shoulder.