• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M2008 action?

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I am really taken with this action and i think i need one!! How are the tolorences on these actions? Are they tighter than surgeon (wouldnt take much)? Could you use one for bench work or are they stricktly tactical? Thanks Lee

Re: Badger M2008 action?

I have no answer for any of your questions. All I'll say is I have onew rifle built on one, and a second headed to GAP soon. I love em.

If you want tighter than the tactical Surgeon, ask for one with the target bolt. That bolt locks up with only 0.001 per side. You get nothing for free in this world. Everything is a world of compromises. If you want a bench gun get a Barnard, Bat, Stolle, Surgeon Target etc. If you want something that will work with some dust, get a Surgeon tactical, Badger, Remington 700, etc. That being said, I have seen many trued Remington 700s that were pretty loose used for benchrest. I have seen some pretty tight actions rendered useless in dusty F-class matches.

I meant no disrespect. I love my surgeon i just think they are a bit loose even for the intended roll. I am an accuracy nut and i like my rifles a bit more on the tight side. thats all fellas, again nothing against surgeon. Surgeon is am outstanding company and they make outstanding products!!! Lee

I actually got Surgeon to send me some of repeaters with the target bolt. Much tighter lock up. I am a little concerned about potential binding with dirt but I am giving it a try. Like you I am an accuracy nut.

I didnt realise you could get them with a target bolt. Thats a nice option. We dont have tactical type matches in my area so my rifles stay pretty clean. I wish i had a place to get them dirty but no such luck!! Lee