• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger M2008 and AICS dilemma...

noz455sd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2008
Montana
I have a M2008 LA and I am torn as to which AICS chassis to get...? I have a 300WM bolt and 338LM bolt for the action and was planning on a possible switch barrel rig before the CIP AICS came out which meant same chassis and mag fit on the weapon. Now the CIP AICS is out and the CIP is on sale right now to complicate it even further. I already have a nice R700 300WM in an AICS so should I just do it again in an m2008? Im thinking no...

So...M2008 LA in standard LA AICS and run 300WM and 338LM with 250 grn ammo

or......

M2008 LA in CIP AICS and run 338LM with 300grn ammo and just hope that I can modify either mag to run 300WM so my bolt wasnt purchased for nothing

I need insight please!

PS my action is lucky number 7

Re: Badger M2008 and AICS dilemma...

You should not have much of a problem running the 300WM out of the CIP magazines. You may want to purchase an extra mag so you can bend the lips in slightly for the WM.

Yes I do CBM...

Ok great XLR that what I needed to hear...I wasnt really wanting to buy a CIP mag to test just to find out there was no way and blowing 80+ bucks

Do what you originally intended to do , get over the whole 338 CIP mag , as its only about 2mm longer , I expected it to have a lot more room than it actually does .
You can still run 300gr but realise the bullet will be setted a bit deeper than the 250gr .

Get the 300WM AICS chassis , and use the old AWSM 338LM mags and the std 300WM mags , and be happy .

Later Chris

Or go with standard AICS and go with the 338 Norma Magnum? But with the CIP AICS 2.0 being 945 shipped its hard to pass up

And of course there is this...
whistle.gif
CIP or standard length mag (CIP shown)

338nm002.jpg

Im new here. This might sound dumb, but are there different length AI 338 LM mags available?

Speak338 yeah there is a new spec but only for CIP AICS, and the 338 338AX i believe has its own mag but same OAL(CIP)... The AWSM still uses original mags

Hmmm that looks very tempting XLR... I hope it is easy to get 300WM to run in the mag in chassis

I have a Rem700 338 LM in a HS stock and Badger bottom metal.
If I used a XLR chassis could I use the longer mags?
Sorry Just looked above

Yeah I think XLR is saying he offers a chassis that uses cip mags and I bet he has one for a R700 for sure...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPEAK338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you use the CIP mag do you have to modify the action? </div></div>

Not if you have the M2008 LA Lapua action. The box my action came in says CIP Compatible.