• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger M2008 Builds.....Where are they?? Pics...

jasonk

Very Snipery
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
Well, we know Badger sold 100 short actions, 20 of them for the SH.com build....so where are the other 80?

Here's mine in a 1.5 AICS, I'm going to swap it to a 2.0 soon, if anyone needs a good deal on a black 1.5 inletted for the Badger and can wait a month PM me.

Anyway, I just got it back from Cerakoting and hope to post new pics and a range report soon but thought I'd start with my old pic.

Badger Action (obviously)
6x47L
25" Rock 1-8"
Badger FTE
CG Jackson Trigger (thanks Bauer Arms)

312tqi9.jpg

x2qfc8.jpg

Re: Badger M2008 Builds.....Where are they?? Pics...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When do I get to shoot it? After rubbing pictures in my face like this the least you could do is let me see it or dryfire it
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Next week, I promise, I'll have load development done and you can punch bug holes with it.

jasonk,

My Badger M2008 action is in the oven curing in my shop as I type this. Used KG Coatings 3400 ceramic fill in Flat Black. First time trying this paint. I usually use the 2400. I will do the barrel tomorrow and I hope to post pics tomorrow evening.

Thanks,
Darin

That thing is SWEET....Adam (BauerArms) has one.....Ive handled it...and Ill say this...that damn thing is a TANK! Looks like you would need more than just a bunch of dynamite to damage it!

Sweet stick though man.....why would you switch to a 2.0 after having the work needed done to a 1.5? Then again....I just never understood the price difference just for the folding stock...my personal .02

Yummy CG trigger...
100_3436.jpg

There are 4x 4'x4' targets out there somewhere!
wink.gif

100_3478.jpg

Thanks to Wi50 for the help and the 1k range to try it out at!
100_3471.jpg

100_3468.jpg

M2008 Short Action, setup to use AW mags
CG Jackson 2-Stage Trigger
Rock 5R 1-8 Twist M24 26" Finish
Chambered in .260 Rem
AICS 2.0 FDE
Harris 6-9 w/KMW Pod-Loc
Accu-Shot BT08 w/QK Monopod

Patiently waiting for Badger to release the Lapua actions now....

Wow, those are some impressive sticks. You'll have to post how they shoot. Not to mention that I'm envious of that beautiful land to shoot on!

1.0 - Looks like my stock basically but fixed cheekpiece
1.5 - Adjustable cheekpiece as shown above
2.0 - Adjustable cheekpiece and the stock folds

See Bauer's pics for the black hinge and break in the stock right behind the grip.

J

PS.....I'm selling my 1.5 if someone wants a good deal to complete their Badger build on.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=949774#Post949774

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M2008 Short Action, setup to use AW mags
CG Jackson 2-Stage Trigger
Rock 5R 1-8 Twist M24 26" Finish
Chambered in .260 Rem
AICS 2.0 FDE
Harris 6-9 w/KMW Pod-Loc </div></div>Nice Adam!

I'll play. Built by Patriot Arms. 27 inches when folded.

308 Win./ 260 switch, AICS 2.0, Badger action setup to run AW mags, Jewel Trigger, Little Bastard brake.
Broughton 1 in 10 16.25 inch 308 barrel
Bartlein 1 in 11 22 inch 308 barrel
Bartlein 1 in 8 26 inch 260 barrel
Shark Supressor

DSC_0723-1.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0727.jpg

DSC_0728.jpg

Here's mine.

All work by me.
Badger M-2008
AICS 2.0 & AI bipod
Shilen match grade 20" 1-11 1.250 to .900 straight taper
VAIS brake
Jackson Trigger
USO ST-10 & USO Rings
DuraCoat Parker

L1020252.jpg

Those are all awsome builds but the question i have is where the hell are the long actions??

I'm currently saving up for a long range build either a 7WSM of 338 Lapua improved and was wondering when the long actions will be out. I got impatient last time and stared my build only to find out half way through the wait and all of the deposit for my action that M2008 was released.

Shot a few 5 shot groups but the wind was seriously kicking my ass today (10-20mph) so I could only manage around a 10" group but once the barrel is broken in I am thinking this thing is gonna be a shooter for sure!

100_3473.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are all awsome builds but the question i have is where the hell are the long actions??

I'm currently saving up for a long range build either a 7WSM of 338 Lapua improved and was wondering when the long actions will be out. I got impatient last time and stared my build only to find out half way through the wait and all of the deposit for my action that M2008 was released. </div></div>

I've been looking at Shot Show reports all day and have yet to see any Badger long action pics. I had read somewhere that he was officially releasing it at the SS.

Does anyone know if you could do a .510 Whisper in the long action?

BigJilm!

Here she is. I've got 2 308 barrels, a 20 and 26, and a 25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor on the way.

M2008PhotoSmall.jpg

CANAVAR said:
I'll play. Built by Patriot Arms. 27 inches when folded.
DSC_0723-1.jpg

That...is a beauty. I want one
smile.gif

Here's mine #0097
RiflePic01.jpg

RiflePics02.jpg
RiflePics03.jpg

M2008 Action
Broughton 5C 24" 6 Flute MTU Contour w/ 1-10 Twist
Ops Inc. Brake
Shilen Trigger
AICS 2.0
Badger Rings Medium
NightForce NXS 12-42x56 Scope

Hi Letmeshootit,

Nice pics! Your build looks good!

Question. I am considering a higher power range NF scope but I am concerned about excessive mirage and not being able to use much above 20 power. Do you find this to be a problem?

Thanks,
Darin

gleng,

Yes, both McMillan and Manners inlet their stocks for this action.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

After seeing this I can't wate to see mine.
Thay all look grate!!
Mine will be here by Friday,Its in trans from GAP. 6.5 creedmoor and ACI 2.0 much past that I don't know,I let them surprise me. I didn"t know the Cal. till I paid for it.

Hey Darin,

I think its personal preference. Have you used any of the higher end scopes with larger objectives? I questioned the same thing when I decided to go with a 12-42 instead of a 5.5-22. Im glad I got it now. I like having the ability to use high power if I can. I was used to looking through inferior scopes that were terrible at high power. I find the scope clarity to be so much better that mirage is rarely a problem compared to other lower quality scopes. If mirage is bad just dial back down. If you can get by with 45moa of elevation on the 12-42 your good to go if not go with the 8-32 which has 65moa elevation. I think the extra 300 bucks over the 22 is worth having the higher power when mirage is not a problem. If I bought another scope tomorrow I would still by the higher power.

Something to consider with 1.5 vs 2.0 aics is bolt removal. I partially fold my stock and remove the bolt which I find much easier than having to remove the cheek piece like on 1.5s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here she is. I've got 2 308 barrels, a 20 and 26, and a 25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor on the way.

M2008PhotoSmall.jpg
</div></div>

All I can say is WOW!

I need to PM you.

Thanks!

Just shot some Nosler 125's yesterday at the SH Practical Tactical target and average distance was 0.36" @ 100. She loves the 175 Black Hills as well. Marty makes a sick action and Bartlein makes an awesome tube!

All of the builds look great. You guys are killing me though! Looks like I'm going to have to start eating Ramen noodles for lunch again.
wink.gif

faf.jpg

GAP 243

Almost wants to make you get rid of the AW's

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When do I get to shoot it? After rubbing pictures in my face like this the least you could do is let me see it or dryfire it
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Next week, I promise, I'll have load development done and you can punch bug holes with it. </div></div>

I shot it.

Now I want one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, we know Badger sold 100 short actions, 20 of them for the SH.com build....so where are the other 80?

Here's mine in a 1.5 AICS, I'm going to swap it to a 2.0 soon, if anyone needs a good deal on a black 1.5 inletted for the Badger and can wait a month PM me.

Anyway, I just got it back from Cerakoting and hope to post new pics and a range report soon but thought I'd start with my old pic.

6x47L
25" Rock 1-8"
Badger FTE
</div></div>

Tell me about that trigger! My Jewell feels a little mushy and I'm interested in alternatives. I just want a nice 2.5 lb trigger with a real crisp break. Two-stage is fine with me.

its an awesome trigger two stage and easy to adjust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, we know Badger sold 100 short actions, 20 of them for the SH.com build....so where are the other 80?

6x47L
25" Rock 1-8"
Badger FTE
</div></div>

Tell me about that trigger! My Jewell feels a little mushy and I'm interested in alternatives. I just want a nice 2.5 lb trigger with a real crisp break. Two-stage is fine with me. </div></div>

I'm not a Jewel fan but if yours is mushy it is not adjusted properly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtle sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its an awesome trigger two stage and easy to adjust </div></div>
Did a little research and apparently that CG Jackson trigger is "da schnizzle" Some say its better than the Anschutz triggers.....wow. Think I'm gonna give it a try on current build.
http://www.6mmbr.citymaker.com/cgtrigger.html

Also looks like they are going to produce a "tactical" version for R700 and clones: http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/index.php?page=cgxtrememod22
Oops, think I might have just increased my wait time....:)

Does anyone have a pic of a completed M2008 in a McMillan A-5 stock yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a pic of a completed M2008 in a McMillan A-5 stock yet? </div></div>

In the process of gathering.

-A5 br is on order (JW Precision)
-Badger M5 and AW mags - check
-waiting on the next run of short actions

Sending it all to GAP to be built.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here she is. I've got 2 308 barrels, a 20 and 26, and a 25 inch 6.5 Creedmoor on the way.

M2008PhotoSmall.jpg
</div></div>

Right click save as....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G.M., Is that your rifle? Nice stick!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels </div></div>

PM sent

M2008PhotoSmall.jpg
</div></div>

Beeaaauuutttttiiiiffffuuuuullllllllll!

<span style="font-style: italic">Wipes the drool away</span>

smile.gif

M2008PhotoSmall.jpg
</div></div>
I would have to say this makes it in the top 5 on this site; regardless of what type of action or caliber!

Im thinking my 308 will be a badger action with 2.0 instead of a AI AW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im thinking my 308 will be a badger action with 2.0 instead of a AI AW. </div></div>
Definitely more cost effective while not giving up much!

Around 2500 or a little more can get me into it parts wise I think. Im refinishing myself nowdays thow, a couple cans of rattle can and im GTG!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Around 2500 or a little more can get me into it parts wise I think. Im refinishing myself nowdays thow, a couple cans of rattle can and im GTG! </div></div>
grin.gif

Here's mine, just picked it up today.

GAP build -
M2008 action
Bartlein 24" #7, 1 in 11.25
AICS 1.5
Jewell trigger
No dedicated scope for a while (will just use a scope I already have for now)

photo0054ao9.jpg

photo0055lh1.jpg

photo0049ij3.jpg

photo0050sx8.jpg

photo0047yw1.jpg