• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger m4 BM work with 338 RUM?? If not what will?

JC Steel

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2008
Washington State
I have an HS stock that is inletted for badger bottom metal. I have m700 metal rigged in there now but want to put badger in. Will the long action badger m4 work with the 338RUM. Since it I letter already for the badger BM if badger won't work what will while keeping the same inletting? Thanks guys

Jake

Re: Badger m4 BM work with 338 RUM?? If not what will?

A friend of mine put a detachable box mag on his 338 RUM. We found only Seekins bottom metal and magazine system was the only one available. Badger said the AI338 Lapua Mag would not feed the 338RUM. Ended up with the Seekins system and it works as advertised.

sweet dagger thanks for the info. anyone else have 338 RUM experience?

Is seekins the same size as badger bottom metal

I owned a 338 RUM that was setup in a AICS and it worked with AI338 mags without any issues.

Seekins mags will allow you to load to COAL of 3.950+". If you are going to be shooting the 300 SMK or the longer heavies, I would definitely recommend the Seekins system. It is very nice. You would probably have to do some dremel work to make it fit. You might have to do a little filling too, but I think the Seekins is the only way to go with the 338 Edge, Ultra, and Lapua. It wouldn't be that hard to make the Seekins fit. Glen is a hell of a nice guy too. I like to support his products as they are very innovative.

You can use the AI .338 Lapua magazine, however, it requires some modifications to the front guides to allow for the round to properly function. If you desire assistance on this, PM me and I will point you in the right direction for assistance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can use the AI .338 Lapua magazine, however, it requires some modifications to the front guides to allow for the round to properly function. If you desire assistance on this, PM me and I will point you in the right direction for assistance. </div></div>
Thats what I had done to mine for them to work but when I sold the rifle the other guy picked up some AI338 mags up and said they didn't need any mods and cycled perfect.

Re: Badger m4 BM work with 338 RUM?? If not what w

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: propulsionclimbing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins mags will allow you to load to COAL of 3.950+". If you are going to be shooting the 300 SMK or the longer heavies, I would definitely recommend the Seekins system. It is very nice. </div></div>

The max length is 3.940" with the Seekins DBM system. I need to talk to Glen but, my mag is fatter at the top rear than bottom. I don't know if other users find this but my mag is EXTREMELY sensitive to the way it's inserted. If I'm off sligtly, its a no go.