• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Badger M5 DBM and C.O.A.L.

RUBICON

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knows if installing a Badger DBM would accommodate longer rounds than the stock hinged floor plate on my gun. I have a Remington XCR Compact Tactical in .308. I'm shooting 155gr. Lapua Scenars currently, but I'm thinking about loading 208gr. a-max and would like to not hand feed each round.

A guy on Longrangehunting measured 5 different AI mags and came up with an average of 2.888, which should be longer than your factory internal mag. My internal mag on my 5R measures 2.840 with calipers.

I was wondering if anyone knows if installing a Badger DBM would accommodate longer rounds than the stock hinged floor plate on my gun. I have a Remington XCR Compact Tactical in .308. I'm shooting 155gr. Lapua Scenars currently, but I'm thinking about loading 208gr. a-max and would like to not hand feed each round.

I do believe its somewhere around 2.88-2.89" without Modification. I can only speak for AI AICS mags... however I do believe there are Aftermarket brands that allow close to 3".

ok guys
newbie here
DBM??
C.O.A.L.?

is there an acronym list anywhere?

Detachable Box Magazine and Combined Overall Length, aka Overall length of Cartridge

My 175smk COAL is 2.94x. A friend has a Alpha mag type 2 and it fit with room to spare. Now like posted above I need to trim my feed ramp some.

PS I am looking for a Alpha mag type 2 :)

The badger DBM on my 300winmag allows me to seat the Berger 210s and Hornady 208s way out far. I'm using a Bat HR repeater