• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M5 Gunsmith Question

Brushout

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hello, I have a McMillan stock that is inletted for a standard BDL floorplate and I also have a Badger M5 that I want to install. I really dont feel comfortable doing it myself and would like to have some recommendations of some good smiths that can and HAVE done these before. All I need is just the M5 install. I am a LEO and it will be a work rifle, so I need it to work right and fit correctly. I owuld prefer to have it milled out. Please let me know if anyone can do this. Thanks to everyone on this site. I am learning a ton!

Mark

Re: Badger M5 Gunsmith Question

I just had GAP install a bottom metal (Surgeon) ..... The job was a great reminder to why I should leave the Marine Tex on the store shelf. It looked great.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-services.html
"Inlet and Install Badger Trigger Guard in customers rifle/stock $75.00"

Price increase? it used to be $65 IIRC.

I have heard great things about them. What was the turn around on something like that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Hardin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard great things about them. What was the turn around on something like that?</div></div>

Call GAP about that. I had more work done than just installing and bedding the bottom metal.

Do you already have pillars in your stock?I just had this same project done by GAP. Here is what I ran into, just to give you some heads up.

I sent my A5 in to have it inletted for my M5. I sent the pillars that came with the M5, because it was my understanding that they should be installed when using the M5 to insure proper function and fit. It came back in a week or so, but the pillars were not installed. GAP advised that they install the pillars when they bed the rifle. I sent the rifle right back to have them bed it and install the pillars. The bed job was about a 5 week turnaround and I just got it back two days ago.

They did a good job, but I wished I would have known ahead of time so I could have everything done at once, which would have saved me the cost of shipping it twice.

The last I heard from GAP was that they are not doing these projects for awhile, as they are catching up with other work. I sent mine in just when they anounced that they were not taking new work for awhile, plus I think they bailed me out of a pinch, due to my misunderstanding on the pillar install.

If you want to send it to GAP, make sure you talk to them and tell them exactly what you want done so that they can tell you if you need to do a bed job too. If your stock already has the pillars installed, then you might be in better shape.