• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M5 in an M4 inlet stock ?

George Mac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2004
Northern California
I am picking up a new stock that has the inlet for a Badger M4. How much work would it take to fit the detachable M5 in that stock instead?

Thanks,

George

Re: Badger M5 in an M4 inlet stock ?

it should be an easy fit. the only difference is the sides of the M5 is like .020" wider, just the straight part by the mag well. the rest is drop-in. at least the long action is this way.

the depth of the cuts and the front and rear tang inlet is the same. i have a stock i have used both M4 and M5 in.

I was also wondering if the opposite would work as I have an M5 inlet I'd like to put an M4 in, which it sounds like it will with just a small gap.

Thanks sikpupi

-matt

yes it will drop right in, but there will be a very small gap, just along the straight cut on both sides of the mag well. all else fits perfectly on my M4/M5 swaps.

Yes it will work using m4 instead of m5.The only thing i see that could be an issue is the magbox.maybe be too loose in the channel inlet but can be fixed by adding bedding compound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the magbox may be be too loose in the channel inlet but can be fixed by adding bedding compound. </div></div>

I might modify a magbox to fit the inlet, by TIG-welding spacers to the sides of it. The stock is a USMC spec A4, so I really don't want to modify it outside of bedding, in case I ever choose to sell it.

-matt

the mag box is contained by the cut in the action on top, and a cut that the box fits into on the M4. it will be secure if assembled correctly.

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I am picking up a Baker Special from a Hide member. I am thing to make it into a jack of all trades (tactical/NRA HP match rifle/F-class) type of set up. It is a long term project but should be a fun one.

Thanks again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the help gentlemen. I am picking up a Baker Special from a Hide member. I am thing to make it into a jack of all trades (tactical/NRA HP match rifle/F-class) type of set up. It is a long term project but should be a fun one.

Thanks again. </div></div>

Sounds pretty fun George, keep us posted on your progress!

-matt