• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger M5 + McM Stock Fit Question

silver78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
MD
A couple of years ago I bought a Badger M5 BDM System, Short Action P/N 306-82 and a McM stock that was made to match the Badger M5 product. The original plan was to put them both on a Remington 5r 308 cal rifle. Later I decided to sell the 5r. So now I am deciding if I should keep the Badger + McM for a different rifle or just sell them.

I have a 700 short action with a 223 Lilja heavy barrel installed and if things will swap over I would just put them on this rifle instead. But I'm not sure it's this simple.

Based on a review of Badgers website it looks like the M5 model I bought for the 308 is not ideal for a 223 and they have a different product for 223 owners - the part number is 306-89.

My question is this:

If I sell my 306-82 (308 cal) M5 and buy a 306-89 (223 cal) from Badger will the 223 model fit in the McM stock?

Your assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Badger M5 + McM Stock Fit Question

how much do you want for it, I know of someone that needs one.

To my knowledge, the difference between the two is the magazine. Buy a couple of the .223 mags and shoot.

Call Badger and talk to them. They will tell you where the differences are, and help you decide what you need to do.