• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger M5 Screw Problem

Highground

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Michigan
I purchased a new Badger M5 from another member who never installed it. I noticed when I tried to mount it that the rear torx bolt was way too long (2"). The front one fits fine. I am fairly confident that these were the ones that originally came from Badger. Could it be just a mix up or am I missing something?

Also, is there anything special about them or can I just pick up something at the hardware store, as long as they are the right size?

Re: Badger M5 Screw Problem

So that rear screw is like 3 to 4" long? I'd doubt that came from Badger like that, can't imagine them having one that long in their shop for any reason. All mine have come the correct length in the past.

Just cut that one down to the pefect size and use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highground</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased a new Badger M5 from another member who never installed it. I noticed when I tried to mount it that the rear torx bolt was way too long (2"). The front one fits fine. I am fairly confident that these were the ones that originally came from Badger. Could it be just a mix up or am I missing something?

Also, is there anything special about them or can I just pick up something at the hardware store, as long as they are the right size? </div></div>

And you'd really complain if they were too short. Just cut it...all of them are "too" long for a reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So that rear screw is like 3 to 4" long? No way that came from Badger like that.

Just cut that one down to the pefect size and use it. </div></div>

I got one the same way awhile back. Trimmed it to the appropriate length and rocked on.

Mine too was long, had to trim. I think they come standard like that now.

Thanks for the replies. I just got an email back from GAP advising the same, they come long and have to be cut.

Make sure you check the protrusion of the screws(especially the front) to be sure they aren't hitting the bolt. And take your time cutting them as to not damage the threads.