• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing badger m5

kak88

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
indiana
I want to install a badger m5 magazine system on a remington 700 bdl with hinged floorplate. can any one tell me what if any mods I will have to make? Someone told me that the factory bottom metal and the badger would be the same size. does anyone know for sure about that as well.

Re: badger m5

They are, you may have to do a bit of hand fitting, but not to much. If you are very careful with a dremel or foredom rotary tool you can accomplish this task. Badger designed this bottom metal for the Remington 700, and it works great. I build custom precision rifles, and use this item often for bottom metal. You can view pics on my web page at suarez tactical rifles.

Re: badger m5

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kak88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to install a badger m5 magazine system on a remington 700 bdl with hinged floorplate. can any one tell me what if any mods I will have to make? Someone told me that the factory bottom metal and the badger would be the same size. does anyone know for sure about that as well. </div></div>

Not even close.

The Badger is wider and thicker. It can be done with a Dremal if you have the time and patients. If you want it to look top notch send it to one of the guys that can cut it with a CNC.