• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger magazines and WSM cartridges?

Blaster4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2005
Virginia
www.teamblaster.net
Ok so what do I do and how do I get my fat short mag cartridges to reliably feed out of my Badger DBM mags. I have AI mags and it seems like the rounds sit low. Is it as simple as opening the feed lips a certain distance?

I know some of you guys are at least using the 7WSM in repeaters since I have shot next to you at matches. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--KJ

Re: Badger magazines and WSM cartridges?

I believe Accurate Mags makes a magazine for the WSM application.

RAD, I think the only difference in the Accurate mags is the omission of the blinder plate for longer OAL's... I might be wrong on this though...

Drake, have you tried feeding it like it is? Is it not feeding? I would ass-sume that the fix would be to open the lips up a bit.

I do not know exactly what the differences are, as I don't shoot a WSM. I have only seen them listed in my search for other mags and was only passing along the info.

here is what you need to do to make the mag feed WSM

DSC03245.jpg

Thanks guys.

J, I appreciate the picture. I figured the lips would be the problem but I never thought about that other area of concern.

Much obliged.

--KJ

I just got a new 7wsm finished on a surgeon RSR action and surgeon bottom metal. I bought the accurate mag. They are updating their tooling for making their wsm mag, so they sent me a modified 308 mag. It feeds awesome in my gun straight out of the box and it already has the plate removed up front. The only downside is it only holds 4. If you decide to order one I would call them and talk to them. It almost seemed like they didn't want to sell me the modified mag and wanted me to wait for the dedicated mags towards the end of October. I didn't have time since I will be using this gun for a hunt the first week of oct, and a match the second week.

4? That's one more then a modified AI 5 round 308 magazine would hold for a WSM. The 10 round AIs can only hold 7 WSM cases.

My Accurate mag 10 round mag held 8 rounds of WSM.

i think i jammed 8 in my AI mag...but it was wicked hard to get to feed off the mag. then it was ok for a few...then the last one would not feed...bolt went right over the top.

I wont have time to wait for the Accurate Mags to be here by the Bash so Im gonna mod two of the four 10 rounders I have.

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think i jammed 8 in my AI mag...but it was wicked hard to get to feed off the mag. then it was ok for a few...<span style="font-weight: bold">then the last one would not feed...bolt went right over the top</span>.

I wont have time to wait for the Accurate Mags to be here by the Bash so Im gonna mod two of the four 10 rounders I have.

--KJ
</div></div>

Thats why you need to open up the lips so the round rides high enough to make sure that doesnt happen.

USMCj,

Man, I wish I had this info a month ago. I used my 7wsm for a sniper match with Accurate mags. I knew the feed lips needed modified so I tried to eyeball it, didn't work so good. The rifle ran fine most of the time but I had about 4 FTF's at the WORST possible time of course.

I placed fairly well but could have landed inside the top 10 easy if not for the malfunctions.

Thanks for the info,
CM

I posted that pic over 2 months ago also. Search is your frend CM.

Yes, my search kung fu is weak. I know I saw a post about them quite a while ago but searching 7wsm, accurate mags, or similar yields a tremendous amount of results and I was unable to locate the correct one.

I got this one tagged now though!

CM