• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Micro FTE

D_Lamz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2007
Central Texas
Saw a thread awhile back about it. Not too much info was on it. Anybody have one? Looking to put it on a 308 with a varmint contour.

BadgerMicroFTE.jpg

Bader%20FTE-Micro.jpg

Re: Badger Micro FTE

I've installed one for a friend on a .308-- they work well. He didn't want something as big as the regular FTE hanging off his barrel.

Keep in mind that unlike the pinch bolt FTE the Micro FTE is a timed brake and will require on the lathe test fitting to properly cut the shoulder on the barrel for timing (what I did) or you can use shims or a peel/crush washer.

Just checked out the search bar--still works great, so bump for more info, por favor...

I'm looking into the Badger Micro FTE but can't find much feedback. Has anybody been using one for .308 with the crush washer? Got a diameter of the rear washer/barrel shoulder contact point? My barrel is @ .90" at the thread shoulder (22" Rock M24), and want to know if this brake is narrower back there. I would prefer to err on the side of wider than shoulder to protect the barrel edge. I can't tell if the above AR photo is .223 or .308... They make both, and Triad has em, so chime in if you can!

D_Lamz: Did you end up going this route?