• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Badger or night force rings

snakebyte922

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2011
Texas
Ok I need some advice. I have a gap built on a rem 700 action with gap #7 contour barrel with a badger 20 moa base which I'm pairing with a night force nxs 3.5-15x50. Which rings would y'all suggest height and brand because I'm can't decide which is better. Choice is badger or night force.

Thanks for any and all advice!

I've used both and you won't notice a difference between the two. Both will hold up just fine. I think the medium rings (NF) go well with the 50mm scope. With that being said, I have a set of high rings (NF) that I use on my F1 on my 300 win mag.

Just went through the same process. I ended up ordering the NF 1.125" 6-screw rings for my 300 WM build. I've got the NF 1.00" ultralights on my M700 that has a NF 3.5-15x50 F1 on it. The barrel is a Douglas #7 contour. The objective sits so low to the barrel that I had to cut a section out of the NF rubber bikini cover to accommodate the barrel. That's why I moved up to the 1.125" rings for this build. The extra .125" should be perfect.

With regards to brand, I went with NF for no good reason. Probably because the scope is NF. My bases are usually Badgers, although the 300 WM has a Stiller base because it comes with the action.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk