• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Ordinance M2013 action...can they still be found?

Thumper91

Private
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2023
MINNESOTA
cults3d.com
My buddies finally pulled the trigger on a pair of savage chassis guns which kind of lit a fire under my butt to start thinking of building one myself. Ive always loved the M2013 action but I see theyre never in stock on Badger Ordinances website. Are they discontinued? If so how hard is it to come by one? Id prefer to find a short action for 308 or 6.5 creed. I know there are plenty of other actions widely available on the interwebs but i kinda have my heart set on a AI patterened action. TIA everyone! Im new to snipershide and so far Im amazed at how awesome this community is!

Last edited:
Reactions: jb41291
Call BO directly and ask Marty. Super nice guy and you'll get the actual answer. When I got mine a few years ago they weren't listed in stock but it didn't take long to get one.

Reactions: Thumper91
I talked to Badger about a month ago and he said they would be doing a run of M2013's close to the end of the year.

Montrose

And look - they aren’t the most feature packed action - but I’ve had mine for a decade now and won’t ever get rid of it.

2E62A24F-6048-4706-8E3F-DB75DFD3453C.jpeg

Yeah fair enough then - this thing in the KRG chassis has been my best feeding AW setup, never had a single issue in literally a decade. Goes to show, you just never know.

Had one - only sold it to buy an AI. Great actions but in today’s market prefits are a must. @Hennig that dimpled ball is sweet!
Could you explain this a bit more in detail? Im not super familar with advantages of a prefit vs gunshop barrel. does the m2013 action not allow for prefits? If i could get the whole run down id appreciate it...That way i know im not missing anything!

The m2013 does allow for prefits, that was the main reason I bought one in 2014 as it was one of the few actions that offered that.

However, outside of LRI I've generally had smith's ask to send in the action to cut one. Compare that to a bunch of other actions where you can order a barrel from a drop down menu and you can use a Rem 700 pattern stock.

The m2013 is a pretty neat action and I like mine, but I had issues with bullet tips getting hung up on the feed ramp to breaching ring transition when using AW mags. So in my case it's a square bottom rem 700 clone that won't fit a new stock if I want to go a different route and for which I have a hard time sourcing pre-fits.

Had one - only sold it to buy an AI. Great actions but in today’s market prefits are a must. @Hennig that dimpled ball is sweet!

Or you can send your action to your gunsmith of choice once, and from there they can record measurements of your action and produce prefits for any future barrel.

Reactions: pyrotechnic
Fed like ass, light primer strikes.
Weird.... I have 1 but had 2. Both fed awesome especially the short action since it takes both AWs and AICSs without issues. I had light primer strikes with my 300wm. Found that the screw that holds the firing pin worked loose and the firing pin protrusion changed. I readjusted it and blue loktited it and had zero issues after. Lack of good stock/chassis options is the only reason I got rid of my SA M2013.

Reactions: brianf and Hennig
Fed like ass, light primer strikes.

Doesn’t the Badger M2008/2013 have quasi-adjustable firing pin fall?

I got rid of mine long ago. Nothing wrong with them, but be aware that it’s a 3-lug, heavier bolt lift.

Stock & chassis options are limited as well until you custom order or have something inletted.

I did love the way they did their whole FP assy, with lugs instead of threads.
64E9D056-D86D-4AE1-84E0-5ED766EA54E4.jpeg

The firing pin protrusion is adjustable, not sure what issues he was having to cause light strikes. There are a few used ones around that can be had, just have to keep an eye out. I hope Marty does, in fact make another run as I’d be interested in another one.

Pretty sure i saw a m2013 on here in the px the other day. Can't remember the title of the post or what caliber it was though.