• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake Pics

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Lads,
    Can we throw up some pics of our Badger Ordnance FTE muzzle brakes in here please?

I've got one on order at the moment, just looking for some pics from you blokes to throw in the mix.
    Help keep me motivated while im away for OEF again.

Take care and stay safe!

Re: Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake Pics

fns009.jpg

fns005.jpg

AJBFN001.jpg

AJBFN004.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

They are! But show me another brake that you can take on and off and bunch, not have to worry about timing and is equally effective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

They are! But show me another brake that you can take on and off and bunch, not have to worry about timing and is equally effective. </div></div>

I concede to that notion. Effectiveness does trump appearance, but gawdamn they fugly...
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly? </div></div>

They are Large...Ugly, I'm not sure about that...But what is for sure is they have that intimidating look...just look at the front "Front towards enemy."

I am getting one installed on my 5-r

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Am I the only one</span> that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly? </div></div>

Nope!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

They are! But show me another brake that you can take on and off and bunch, not have to worry about timing and is equally effective. </div></div>

Why would you be taking your brake on and off a bunch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

Why would you be taking your brake on and off a bunch? </div></div>

I like the way they look. Thats just me.

As for why would I take it off a bunch....
    F-class doesn't allow a brake. have to take it off for that.
    Sometimes we shoot with a brake, sometimes with a can.

just a couple reasons.

owned several FTE's they rock!!

Also, cleaning is ALOT easier when you can remove them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

Brakes are easier to clean if you take them off and soak them. Dont clean them for long enough and they are damn near impossible to clean

hmmm, cleaning..... novel idea. I may try this thing you call cleaning.

ftebrake002.jpg

This one is on a GAP build .338LM MTU Bartlein BBL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they make a similar brake for us with threaded barrels ?
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

these fit on threaede barrela. the clamp is so that they do not have to be timed when they are removed.
    http://triadtactical.com/page/146t7/Online_Shopping.html
    Badger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Break

The Front Towards Enemy muzzle break is here! The FTE has 5/8-24 threading and fits barrels at least .800" diameter. The FTE is threaded on and held in place via a clamp, which is secured with a set screw. The good news is that this means it can be REMOVED for cleaning!! These come with a .22 cal hole, so they will have to machined to fit your needs. "Professional" installation required. They are stainless, but come finished in black.

This item and other weapon parts and accessories are not available for export outside the US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    This one is on a GAP build .338LM MTU Bartlein BBL. </div></div>

How effective is the FTE on your .338LM?

IMG_1510.jpg

Although the rifle is a beast at 20 pounds, it's still a .338LM.

With the FTE I would rate the recoil on par with a 9 pound 25/06. It also diverts the blast to both sides, so it's nice to shoot prone and close to the ground...dont give a damn what it looks like, just want it to work and this thing really does work!!

Thanks for posting some of your pics fellas, much appreciated
    smile.gif

Here are a few pictures I've found while surfing the net recently. (they're not my pictures nor are they my rifles)

a55f3477.jpg

This is your rifle I believe PGS (slick setup mate)
    a3af9e61.jpg

fdb78e5c.jpg

bb1617f6.jpg

1fcfcccc.jpg

ca1b0b81.jpg

551eb600.jpg

If anyone has anything else to share, throw em up!

The FTE will be going on my 20" SPS .308 it'll be good to have a bit of extra weight on the front end.
    Hearing is a novelty anyway...

48be7cc1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for posting some of your pics fellas, much appreciated
    smile.gif

Here are a few pictures I've found while surfing the net recently. (they're not my pictures nor are they my rifles)
    ca1b0b81.jpg

</div></div>

That is one of the pics of my rifle. GAP .308 with a Rock #7 Max HV. I use the rifle for F-T/R shooting, so the convenience of taking the break off is very helpful.

A few more pics...
    IMG_5753.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do they make a similar brake for us with threaded barrels ?
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

Impact, this is what the threading on your barrel needs to look
    like.

nx191h.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that thinks these brakes are large, cantankerous, and ugly?</div></div>

JRose, they look awsome.
    laugh.gif

a3fukj.jpg

18May2009007.jpg

18May2009008.jpg

FTE03.jpg

I installed this on my .300 W.M. , my wife now shoots it comfortably and reports recoil comparable to her .243.

All these brakes come with a .22 cal. bore. Mine is bored to .317

how do these compare to the badger thruster in terms of felt recoil. I have the thruster on my 243ai and love it and was thinking about the fte for my new 260ai. yes I know neither one of these calibers "needs a muzzle break" but I love seeing my hits easier and don't care much for recoil. call me a puss but I think it is cool to see my hits and have a 243 that recoils less than a 223 is really fun to shoot.

For me, I do it because my Badger M2008 is a switch barrel. Swapping between 3 different barrels would make timing a big pain.

Also, in the future, I plan on getting a thread on suppressor. This will make brake removal much easier in the field.

DSC02629.jpg

M2008_Tightbore_308_18in.jpg

Am I the ONLY guy with one that says "This End Toward Enemy"?
    fns009.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do these compare to the badger thruster in terms of felt recoil. I have the thruster on my 243ai and love it and was thinking about the fte for my new 260ai. yes I know neither one of these calibers "needs a muzzle break" but I love seeing my hits easier and don't care much for recoil. call me a puss but I think it is cool to see my hits and have a 243 that recoils less than a 223 is really fun to shoot. </div></div>

I can't compare caliber to caliber, but I have a BO Thruster on my .30-06 and the felt recoil is much less than my .308 with the FTE. Perhaps it's the extra gas in the longer cartridge, the .308 is MUCH heavier, so I know weight's not helping it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the ONLY guy with one that says "This End Toward Enemy"?
    fns009.jpg
    </div></div>

You have a TETE
    grin.gif
    which.. Despite being badarse... Sounds like it should be in a festival full of guys on floats.
    Maybe it was one of the earlier magnum FTE's and they were playing with wording / spacing?

"All these brakes come with a .22 cal. bore. Mine is bored to .317"

I thought the min. stated in the instructions was .328 for .308? Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. I turned the inside of the clamping part of the brake to .8315 instead of turning my bbl down to .800. Here's a couple pics of mine.
    IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the ONLY guy with one that says "This End Toward Enemy"?
    fns009.jpg
    </div></div>

I love the Front toward Enemy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the ONLY guy with one that says "This End Toward Enemy"?
    fns009.jpg
    </div></div>

You have a TETE
    grin.gif
    which.. Despite being badarse... Sounds like it should be in a festival full of guys on floats.
    Maybe it was one of the earlier magnum FTE's and they were playing with wording / spacing? </div></div>

Nope--The "TE-TE" is extremely recent vintage, ordered directly fom Marty with mt m2008 action. I've got one more FTE ordered at the same time which should be arriving next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"All these brakes come with a .22 cal. bore. Mine is bored to .317"

I thought the min. stated in the instructions was .328 for .308? Oh well, guess it doesn't really matter. I turned the inside of the clamping part of the brake to .8315 instead of turning my bbl down to .800. Here's a couple pics of mine.
    IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg
    </div></div>

good idea. thanks.

Does the Badger FTE cause ANY degradation of your accuracy? Any negatives at all with having this compared to a plain muzzle?
    Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rain252</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the Badger FTE cause ANY degradation of your accuracy? Any negatives at all with having this compared to a plain muzzle?
    Thanks </div></div>

Only to the accuracy of the rifles on either side of you
    smile.gif

Does anybody make a thread protector for this brake with a sleeve that also covers the turned down section as well?

I have a custom "vias" type brake on my rifle whipped up by my gun smith, it works incredibly well but the more I shoot the more its been bothering me.

I shoot prone supported in the Nevada desert and with vent holes a full 360 around the brake the thing kicks up so much dirt and dust.. It flings crap everywhere..

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the FTE brake but have been checking out some of the surefire models as well.

DSC00091.jpg

That damn dust! Thats why I switched to the FTE over the Vais or other type and even on my 308 there is a big difference in recoil reduction with the FTE I love it (and it looks cool) And thats what really matters
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a custom "vias" type brake on my rifle whipped up by my gun smith, it works incredibly well but the more I shoot the more its been bothering me.

I shoot prone supported in the Nevada desert and with vent holes a full 360 around the brake the thing kicks up so much dirt and dust.. It flings crap everywhere..

DSC00091.jpg

</div></div>

how much do they cost??????????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniper4u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much do they cost?????????? </div></div> NEVER lose a gun fight for lack of shooting back!!!!!!!!My GRANDFATHER

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    fns009.jpg

fns005.jpg

AJBFN001.jpg

AJBFN004.jpg
    </div></div>
    Looks like someone over torqued theirs!
    grin.gif

inch/pounds, foot/pounds what's the difference? Makes the flutes look WAY cooler!

How much would this cost to have fit by a typical gunsmith?

GAP installs them brake included for $210 US as a reference...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody make a thread protector for this brake with a sleeve that also covers the turned down section as well? </div></div>

I was also wondering this?

I would have to take mine off for F-Class, I would not want to be moving the rifle around a lot without some protection for the threads, knowing my luck I would drop it and screw them up.

I am guessing this is something that a shop would probably have to fab up custom?

Thanks,
    Capt Richardson

Very nice builds!

Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag
    AICS 1.5
    Lilja 1:10 Barrel
    Jewell Trigger
    Nightforce 5.5-22x56 in Burris Rings on a EGW 20 Min Rail

AI-300lrg.jpg

Best of Luck,
    Capt Richardson