• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Badger Ordnance has a New FTE Brake

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Saw this on Facebook today...

1077516_360879074015240_1237630938_o.jpg

A nice bridge between the full size FTE and the Micro, which doesn't have the screw capture.

I like that, looks like it would match up to a varmint contour fairly decent.

Looks like the clamping portion is threaded, if so it will make the install easier as opposed to the required barrel contouring on the standard FTE.

Facebook said this eliminates contouring the barrel, just have to have a threaded barrel now. I can't wait to get one and try it out.

I ordered one from Triad on Sunday and it showed up today, have to love the service of the Hide's vendors. Nice brake and looks good on a varmint contour barrel, now I just need to take it out this weekend and see how it does :)

If I remember I will get pics tomorrow night with it installed. If I remember it was right at 1" diameter when I measured the brake with the calipers so I think it would look great on an MTU contour.

no they have 2 diameters .223 and .308. I guess if it was for something 6.5 you could get the .223 and bore it for a closer fit though.

There are a few more photos if you follow the link:

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Badger Ordnance*::*Badger Accessories*::*Badger Mini FTE Muzzle Brake

Badger Mini FTE Muzzle Brake (Removable)

This is a clamp on style brake and can be easily removed for cleaning or installation of a Suppressor. Ports are to the sides to reduce ground blast.

Size is about 20% smaller than the standard FTE.

Please consult a competent gunsmith with questions about instillation and use.

SKU# BO249-81 is 5/8-24 for .22 cal
    SKU# BO249-83 is 5/8-24 for .30 cal

I just put a micro on my 16" LMT MWS .308. Compared to the factory A2-style fash suppressor, the micro FTE substatially reduces recoil as I'm able to stay on target at 100 and watch impact. I had the brake timed so I don't use a crush washer and it looks great as well.

Is there any downside using the .308 version for a 6.5 barrel vs boring out a .223? Does the brake lose effectiveness going wit .308?

My question as well. Also.....For a .264" what diameter should the hole be bored to? Whats the suggested clearance?

FN in MT

does anyone have pics of the micro and mini on a Rem Varmint Barrel? Im trying to figure out which would work out better.. Thanks

Gonna be a tough choice between this one, and the Ross brake I had my eye on... Well crapola...

DK

I have not been able to find any specs on the barrel diameter that will fit inside the brake. Can anyone check with a caliper and tell me what the inside diameter happens to be??

Thanks in advance!!

DK